Can't root AT&T galaxy s5 with Towelroot

Search This thread

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
So. I wanted 5o see if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone has another root method I could try. I recently had to get my wife's s5 replaced and after I installed towelroot, and clicked "make it ra1n" I got an error that says the device isn't supported.

Reactions: UltraCon79

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.

xSnowbum801x

Oct 16, 2014
Ok so just to clarify, I am running a SM-G900A. On baseband ending in ANG3. Towelroot does not support my device, so the above suggestion is the only way to root? And with our bootloader being locked, safetystrap is the only partial recovery we have to flash? I had just got the S5 and it came with the newer OTA update. Thank you in advance.

Jeremy537

Jan 27, 2011
Ok so just to clarify, I am running a SM-G900A. On baseband ending in ANG3. Towelroot does not support my device, so the above suggestion is the only way to root? And with our bootloader being locked, safetystrap is the only partial recovery we have to flash? I had just got the S5 and it came with the newer OTA update. Thank you in advance.

Yes, everything you said is correct. Flash the ND3 kernel and run towelroot. Install Safestrap as well, and then you can flash the NG3 kernel back to your phone.

SoCalHTCFuze

May 8, 2010
San Diego
Bought my S5 2 days ago with the latest Att ota update like yours. Odin the kernel back, applied towel root, Odin kernel forward to root as described above. Works perfectly. Can install safestrap after or before moving kernel forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: s8freak

xSnowbum801x

Oct 16, 2014
This worked flawlessly. Thanks.

I feel like a noob here. i downloaded odin 3.10 but i cant open the RAR file to even begin this process.. help?

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I feel like a noob here. i downloaded odin 3.10 but i cant open the RAR file to even begin this process.. help?
Update. successfully downloaded odin 3.09. but the problem now is when im trying to download the kernal files, they will not download. Even using the mirrors. ive tried every one and its been unsuccessfull.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Update. successfully downloaded odin 3.09. but the problem now is when im trying to download the kernal files, they will not download. Even using the mirrors. ive tried every one and its been unsuccessfull.

I just tried every one and they worked great for me. I would try a different browser. If you are using safari you need to turn off auto open/extract option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So. I wanted 5o see if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone has another root method I could try. I recently had to get my wife's s5 replaced and after I installed towelroot, and clicked "make it ra1n" I got an error that says the device isn't supported.

try this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55133105&postcount=1

Yes, everything you said is correct. Flash the ND3 kernel and run towelroot. Install Safestrap as well, and then you can flash the NG3 kernel back to your phone.
    Bought my S5 2 days ago with the latest Att ota update like yours. Odin the kernel back, applied towel root, Odin kernel forward to root as described above. Works perfectly. Can install safestrap after or before moving kernel forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app