Can't seem to find info on limitations in MMS video/email video

Search This thread

Thresher

Aug 9, 2006
Aloha,
Had a fun day at the golf course on Kauai today, took some great videos too.

I took a 4 meg video and tried to email it to a friend, no dice. I tried to MMS, no dice.
I didn't try anything more creative (uploading via file browser to youtube? If that's even possible.)

So did I miss something in all of the reviews and websites about WP7 and it not inlcuding a way to upload videos or am I missing an app?

Thanks for the refresher...

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
Aloha,
Had a fun day at the golf course on Kauai today, took some great videos too.

I took a 4 meg video and tried to email it to a friend, no dice. I tried to MMS, no dice.
I didn't try anything more creative (uploading via file browser to youtube? If that's even possible.)

So did I miss something in all of the reviews and websites about WP7 and it not inlcuding a way to upload videos or am I missing an app?

Thanks for the refresher...

Videos can be transferred back to your computer via the Zune software.

pezius

Jun 9, 2009
Seriously? that's the only anwser is to go back to the PC? Every phone since the dawn of video has been able to send them in MMS! C'mon MS? Wake up! How do you leave so many simple things out?! :eek:

adesonic

Oct 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Fold
Google Pixel 4
This is a missing feature that hopefully will be adressed via an update - I cannot think of any technical reason it cannot be done, unless the carriers have asked MS not to allow it to protect their bandwidth, in which case MS need to man up and tell them where to go!!!