• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can't sync google account after factory reset on Pixel XL

Search This thread

airhed4

Dec 28, 2014
On Beta Android OS 7.1.2. Factory reset my pixel XL after having battery issues. Sign in to my google account in order to sync my phone. Then after signing in the screen goes black and then white. Its stuck I can reboot or power down but have same issue over and over. Any thoughts on syncing the phone after a reset?

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
On Beta Android OS 7.1.2. Factory reset my pixel XL after having battery issues. Sign in to my google account in order to sync my phone. Then after signing in the screen goes black and then white. Its stuck I can reboot or power down but have same issue over and over. Any thoughts on syncing the phone after a reset?

Hello...

Have you tried removing your account, reboot and adding it again? Also, since 7.1.2 public release is available, sideload the OTA or flash the factory image. Let me know...

Good luck...

airhed4

Dec 28, 2014
So what I did was opt out of Beta OS and reinstalled the original 7.1.1 during teh setup and logged back in. Everything fine. Sync'd. Just couldnt sync my google account with the Beta for some reason.