Can't unlock bootloader on ZenFone 3 Max (ZC520TL)

Search This thread

StogyBogy

May 20, 2018
Hi XDA users,

I am currently trying to root my ZenFone 3 MAX ZC520TL by following the tutorial from XDA Forums.
But I have a problem. When I try to unlock the bootloader with the application provided by ASUS I have this error during the installation :
Error_Package.png

-I downloaded and tested the 9.1.0 version who is the latest version version of the ASUS Unlock Tool on ASUS Support website.
-I am using the ROM : WW-14.10.1803.101, ROM released on 16/03/2018
-I made a hard reset but it did not work.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Have a nice day.

amirmoezz

May 25, 2018
Same problem here

Hello, I have the same zenfone and software, you may use App Cloner wich can be downloaded from google play however even though that, you install the unlock tool it will state that this model is not supported when you try to use the unlock tool, there are many arguments about this error starting from downgrading to very sofisticated programs to solve this problem. In which none of them actually solve the problems unless the people whe are sharing the source saying so. This is actually a very simple problem with certificates that can easily be solve by the company. If you search on the internet the only time that the clients getting this problem solved is MOSTLY through update. So yeah we gotta wait over months and just hope that Asus fix this bug in future update/ updates, and just as an advice don't waste your time by asking the Asus support team for help, they just get your serial number and tell you "our tech team already check it through asus server and your cellphone is unlocked" or something almost similar, even though your cellphone is not and there mutiple clients tell them is not but they just trust a simple server through internet connection. By the way I'll appreciate it if anyone found a manual solution. Keep me posted please.

Last edited:

ZenFone3_ZC520TL

Jul 1, 2018
Hi XDA users,

I am currently trying to root my ZenFone 3 MAX ZC520TL by following the tutorial from XDA Forums.
But I have a problem. When I try to unlock the bootloader with the application provided by ASUS I have this error during the installation :

-I downloaded and tested the 9.1.0 version who is the latest version version of the ASUS Unlock Tool on ASUS Support website.
-I am using the ROM : WW-14.10.1803.101, ROM released on 16/03/2018
-I made a hard reset but it did not work.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Have a nice day.

Hi dude and all the people who have this problem,
I wanted to tell you that ASUS has released a new version of the UnlockTool on 28/06/2018 and can be installed without problems and you can find it on the ASUS official website :
https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-3-Max-ZC520TL/HelpDesk_Download/