• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can't update from android 12 public beta 1

Search This thread

omlet

Oct 12, 2009
Dear all,

Does anyone got the same problem? I'm not able to update to beta 2 & 2.1. It's always downloading everything trying to install and rebooting to 12 beta 1 with failed update message.

Otherwise is there a way to install OTA from file without reformat the device?
Regards,

Reactions: Kbrax
My phone always failed upgrade from Android 11 to 12 beta2 or 2.1. It will go through all downloading and upgrade process then reboot back to Android 11 with everything intact. Tried many times.

I eventually trying to do "adb sideload" method. However, my bootloader also having issue, it always come up with "no command" error.

At the end I have to use last method, factory image and fresh install. I unlock bootloader and doing the fresh install. I did remove "-w" from my command, still it boots beta 2.1 with empty phone. ( probably unlock bootloader erase all storage ) I was hoping no need to do to last route since I try to save time to setup up whole phone.

bleez99

May 1, 2011
My phone always failed upgrade from Android 11 to 12 beta2 or 2.1. It will go through all downloading and upgrade process then reboot back to Android 11 with everything intact. Tried many times.

I eventually trying to do "adb sideload" method. However, my bootloader also having issue, it always come up with "no command" error.

At the end I have to use last method, factory image and fresh install. I unlock bootloader and doing the fresh install. I did remove "-w" from my command, still it boots beta 2.1 with empty phone. ( probably unlock bootloader erase all storage ) I was hoping no need to do to last route since I try to save time to setup up whole phone.
No command in the recovery is easy - hold the power and up volume for a few seconds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,

Does anyone got the same problem? I'm not able to update to beta 2 & 2.1. It's always downloading everything trying to install and rebooting to 12 beta 1 with failed update message.

Otherwise is there a way to install OTA from file without reformat the device?
    Regards,