Question Can't Update Miui 14

Search This thread

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Just a quick question, if you unlock your bootloader, can you still download and install OTA updates normally (through the built-in updater app)?

I don't plan on flashing a custom ROM until Xiaomi officially stops supporting this phone (which is till Android 14).

But I want to unlock my bootloader now itself because I don't want to lose all my data later, and the process is also much more complicated than on other phones where you just flip a switch in developer settings.

It requires you to sign in to your Mi account, activate it by sending an SMS, bind the phone to be unlocked to your account, download and install a working, updated, English version of Mi Flash (which was almost impossible to find), authorise unlocking the bootloader, wait minium 4 days, then connect it to a PC and flash it.

So yeah, better to do it now before I forget how to.
Here's my steps: Unlock BL (when i was still in miui 13) then flash and relock BL at the same time miui 14.0.1.0.
I just updated to 14.0.2.0 a couple of weeks ago via built-in ota without any problem

theMartyMcfly

Oct 3, 2011
I am currently updating to 14.0.2.0 TKWEUXM. Unlocked and rooted. I updated in the past and rerooted it but I forgot some steps and I did not write down what I did. I remember that I have to extract the boot.img from the rom (how, I forgot) run that file on my phone and flash it with Magisk. Then load it on my phone with fastboot I think. Can someone more familiar with the matter check my steps i.e. complete the missing ones. Thank you!!!

Koldo Gereka

Jun 5, 2023
11T Pro- In settings-additional settings change region to indonesia and restart.
Then automatically you get security patch and then MIUI 14.0.8.0 TKDEUXM.
This worked for me.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I am currently updating to 14.0.2.0 TKWEUXM. Unlocked and rooted. I updated in the past and rerooted it but I forgot some steps and I did not write down what I did. I remember that I have to extract the boot.img from the rom (how, I forgot) run that file on my phone and flash it with Magisk. Then load it on my phone with fastboot I think. Can someone more familiar with the matter check my steps i.e. complete the missing ones. Thank you!!!
You have a Xiaomi 11T not Pro.
Tutorial here to adapt with your boot.img.
Extract the boot.img with this rom
Package Name: agate_eea_global_images_V14.0.2.0.TKWEUXM_20230308.0000.00_13.0_eea_942853e410.tgz

Reactions: theMartyMcfly

Koldo Gereka

Jun 5, 2023
One solution is change your region (in settings-additional settings) to Indonesia and restart the phone.
You may get now new updates.
This solved my issue of not getting updates.

Bolero47

Aug 5, 2023
Hi,

My 11T Pro is still stuck on version 12.5.20 of MIUI. I've tried to update it using entire updates and incremental ones (going to 12.5.21 then onwards), however i would like to try avoiding unlocking the bootloader if at all possible. When i try to update it to version 14.xx it says "couldn't verify update", and when i tried wit v 12.5.21 it said "Other reason". I've also tried updating with xiaomiadb to no avail because it simply returned with error code 2099 saying it cant perform the update.

Any help would be kindly appreciated

P.S. The main reason i would like to avoid unlocking the bootloader is because i don't want to risk bricking my device when locking it again because i have multiple banking apps on my phone and would like to keep using them without having to do any safetynet bypassing

Edit: And i've also tried all the tricks to get it to update by itself (Force stopping, cleaning data of the updater app and not opening it for multiple days, as well as changing multiple regions)

Makojo

Feb 28, 2022
I tried to manually update my Xiaomi 11T Pro from V14.0.9.0.TKDEUXM to V14.0.10.0.TKDEUXM, but everytime I get the same message ''Can't verify this update. Can't flash this stable ROM''. I've tried both the Recovery and Fastboot versions from Xiaomi Firmware Updater. I also moved the downloaded ROM from downloads to the root of the phone.

I've also tried to get the update OTA by changing the region to Poland and Indonesia and restarting the phone, but that didn't work too.

Does anyone have any tips how I can (manually) install the V14.0.10.0.TKDEUXM update? Or should I be patience and just wait when I finally get it?

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi,

My 11T Pro is still stuck on version 12.5.20 of MIUI. I've tried to update it using entire updates and incremental ones (going to 12.5.21 then onwards), however i would like to try avoiding unlocking the bootloader if at all possible. When i try to update it to version 14.xx it says "couldn't verify update", and when i tried wit v 12.5.21 it said "Other reason". I've also tried updating with xiaomiadb to no avail because it simply returned with error code 2099 saying it cant perform the update.

Any help would be kindly appreciated

P.S. The main reason i would like to avoid unlocking the bootloader is because i don't want to risk bricking my device when locking it again because i have multiple banking apps on my phone and would like to keep using them without having to do any safetynet bypassing

Edit: And i've also tried all the tricks to get it to update by itself (Force stopping, cleaning data of the updater app and not opening it for multiple days, as well as changing multiple regions)
With so much delay, Miui 12 A11/ 2021-12-12, currently Miui 14 A13, it seems to me that the solution would be to unlock the bootloader and lock it by updating.
If you follow the instructions, no risk of bricking, obviously you will have to reinstall all the apps since unlocking erases the data.
unlock bootloader

Flash rom(select Clean all and lock)

Otherwise wait another 3 years.;)

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
I tried to manually update my Xiaomi 11T Pro from V14.0.9.0.TKDEUXM to V14.0.10.0.TKDEUXM, but everytime I get the same message ''Can't verify this update. Can't flash this stable ROM''. I've tried both the Recovery and Fastboot versions from Xiaomi Firmware Updater. I also moved the downloaded ROM from downloads to the root of the phone.

I've also tried to get the update OTA by changing the region to Poland and Indonesia and restarting the phone, but that didn't work too.

Does anyone have any tips how I can (manually) install the V14.0.10.0.TKDEUXM update? Or should I be patience and just wait when I finally get it?
The update is being stopped by Xiaomi servers. When we have the zip file and go to update it, it goes off to their servers to check some list to see if we can update or not, some of us seem to be on some sort of DNU (Do not update) list. This is the same reason their servers do not offer us the OTA.

Try the feedback option and complain to Xiaomi, only they can sort it.

Makojo

Feb 28, 2022
The update is being stopped by Xiaomi servers. When we have the zip file and go to update it, it goes off to their servers to check some list to see if we can update or not, some of us seem to be on some sort of DNU (Do not update) list. This is the same reason their servers do not offer us the OTA.

Try the feedback option and complain to Xiaomi, only they can sort it.

Is there also a reason why Xiaomi puts some phones on on some sort of DNU? Is it because I have manually updated my phone before or that I have been a Mi Pilot tester?

I'll try the feedback option. I guess something like a factory reset wouldn't help, right?

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
Is there also a reason why Xiaomi puts some phones on on some sort of DNU? Is it because I have manually updated my phone before or that I have been a Mi Pilot tester?

I'll try the feedback option. I guess something like a factory reset wouldn't help, right?
I have no answers as to why, only they will know. I've not been a tester, I'm just a regular user, I got the 14.0.9.0 update (and previous ones) just fine and 14.0.9.0 still installs okay and isn't blocked, but 14.0.10.0 and 14.0.11.0 are rejected when it goes online to get permission. I've even cancelled my Xiaomi account and set up a brand new account to be a new person to them, and still they block me, so the block is based on the phone ID.

A factory reset I'm guessing would not work, but if you are willing to try? I think the only way we could update is to unlock the bootloader (which erases all our data in the process and requires Xiaomi to give remote permission which can take many days), then when unlocked, flash using fastboot with the latest firmware which doesn't do an online check, and lock the bootloader again if required, then set the device back up again. Whether future updates would still be blocked, I suspect they would.

Makojo

Feb 28, 2022
I have no answers as to why, only they will know. I've not been a tester, I'm just a regular user, I got the 14.0.9.0 update (and previous ones) just fine and 14.0.9.0 still installs okay and isn't blocked, but 14.0.10.0 and 14.0.11.0 are rejected when it goes online to get permission. I've even cancelled my Xiaomi account and set up a brand new account to be a new person to them, and still they block me, so the block is based on the phone ID.

A factory reset I'm guessing would not work, but if you are willing to try? I think the only way we could update is to unlock the bootloader (which erases all our data in the process and requires Xiaomi to give remote permission which can take many days), then when unlocked, flash using fastboot with the latest firmware which doesn't do an online check, and lock the bootloader again if required, then set the device back up again. Whether future updates would still be blocked, I suspect they would.

Good to know I'm not the only one with this weird problem. I hope it will be resolved and if it doesn't get resolved I will have try something like Xiaomi.EU

Yeah, I guess you're right that a factory reset wouldn't help either. I really hope it's going to be resolved at least. Otherwise this will be my first and last Xiaomi phone

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
Good to know I'm not the only one with this weird problem. I hope it will be resolved and if it doesn't get resolved I will have try something like Xiaomi.EU

Yeah, I guess you're right that a factory reset wouldn't help either. I really hope it's going to be resolved at least. Otherwise this will be my first and last Xiaomi phone
I've had other problems their support has acknowledged but still not fixed so its already my first and last Xiaomi device.

For the Xiaomi EU firmware you need to unlock your boot loader so it will erase the entire device, and in order to unlock it you need to request permission from Xiaomi then wait and wait.

I had seen others complain of no updates coming in and they get stuck on an old version, then low and behold it happens to me as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope... I changed to USA region, but still nothing...
    USA? Xiaomi phones are sold there? 😁 Try some European counties or Indonesia.
    To unlock bootloader, use official miflash_unlock.exe and make sure you can see phone in fastboot devices with the bunny on phone.

For those who don't know: as prerequisites enable Xiaomi Cloud syncs + Find device, Xiaomi SIM Activation Service, bond sim card in Settings - Mi Account, and enable mi unlock status in developer options right before rebooting into fastboot mode.
    I wanna know the region of those whom received the eu version..14.0.5.
    And forget to ask about Their previous version was 13.0.21 or 13.0.20 or lower?
    I was running v13.0.15

Follow my video here how to get the MIUI 14 Update

This is so damn true. I inow that some ppl just post sthg in a forum without even google it, but if we say that we tried everything please don't treat us as stupids. I've started the post to get a solution and some random guy just link me the first YouTube video he found. That's irritanting.
    I hope an administrator do something with those guys who just replies to get a badge or whatever in the forum.
    It's your thread, use the 'report' button and justify your request, that's all.
    Wait for the update to be offered.
    I knew that before posting.
    The point of posting was knowing if that issue have a solution or at least which is the cause of it.