Can't update TA-1033 from Nougat 7.1.1 to Oreo 8.0!

Search This thread

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Hi everyone!

Recently obtained a Nokia 6 TA-1033 (as a new temp phone, because I still hold onto my bricked Nokia 8 :(), which originally had Pie 9.0 and managed to bring it down to Nougat 7.1.1 using a September 2017 OTA update from an SD card and using OST LA 6.2.8 to flash firmware.

Once again using OST LA 6.2.8., I just cannot for the life in me flash firmware Oreo 8.0 (or even 8.1) at all! :cry:

I do the standard procedure, check every box that I want processed, click on Edit Phone Information (gives me failed error but this is normal and I can see the phone reboots itself when in download mode), and I click Next and I am always stuck on this flashing "partition":
Flashing partition.jpg

After a few minutes, it gives up and I get this error Update process failed:
"Error Code: 0xc6da
Error: Download fails,
Error= SE_ERR_ADB_CMD_GET_FAIL_RESULT (0xC6DA)
"
(I retried many times but not work!)
Update process failed.jpg

This also happens if I tried any other firmware version.

I honestly don't know what to do, I really would like to have Oreo 8.0 or 8.1 on my device, it's the best Android OS (minus it's disabilities on EDL mode and probably others), I've researched and looked up many topics here but I just get it to work!

Does anyone know what might be happening here? And might anyone know how to resolve this?

Hope you're all well during these times too! 🙏

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Anyone at all may I ask? :(

I thought to give it another go and I managed to figure out how to get into EDL mode which successfully recognises as 9008 :)

However, I am still doomed, the EDL fails when I try flashing with Oreo 8.0 firmware and I get this:
Error = ERROR_NOT_READY (0X15)
EDL fails.jpg

Is flashing any Android 7.1.1 just possible to do at all??? :cry:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Hello again!

I'm still stuck doing this :(

I've tried the EDL route again and it's still not working!

This time I get a different error when i choose to continue after the first flash fail.

This time i get the:
Error = ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE (0X6) xda
EDL fails 2.jpg

I really don't know what to do, as I really want to try and get Oreo flashed onto my device! :(

Can anyone help me on this matter?? 🙏

JinbrianZ

Aug 18, 2013
CEBU
@Nokia_8_fan

OST v6.2.8 is a NO NO.
must use
OST v6.0.4 and just normally flash it.

Use this firmware ver. for oreo 8.1 (March sp)
PLE-5580-0-00WW-B01

also your bootloader ver. should remain/downgraded to nougat.

P.S if you succeed and want to update the sp using ota then you should follow the procedures
but you should stop at august sp else you will get bootloop after doing the same procedure, and in that case you will need to reflash the whole firmware again thru ost, using ota zip wont do besides it is only sp update no major fixes till 2019 jan sp.

Last edited:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
@Nokia_8_fan

OST v6.2.8 is a NO NO.
must use
OST v6.0.4 and just normally flash it.

Use this firmware ver. for oreo 8.1 (March sp)
PLE-5580-0-00WW-B01

also your bootloader ver. should remain/downgraded to nougat.

P.S if you succeed and want to update the sp using ota then you should follow the procedures
but you should stop at august sp else you will get bootloop after doing the same procedure, and in that case you will need to reflash the whole firmware again thru ost, using ota zip wont do besides it is only sp update no major fixes till 2019 jan sp.

Hello @JinbrianZ

Great to hear from you here!

I have used PLE-5580-0-00WW-B01 firmware. Got it from hikaricalyx's website.

I have tried OST 6.0.4., 6.1.2. and NOST and they all give me this update process failed! :(
OST La fail.jpg

And yes, I was in bootloader mode and device recognises in adb/fastboot command window.

Why is this happening?
What else can I do??
:(:unsure:

I am running out of things to do here :cry:

JinbrianZ

Aug 18, 2013
CEBU
check your bootloader recovery ver. should something 7.1.2 not 7.1.1 by using nougat ota....
use december 2017 ota update instead, seems ur not following the instructions.

Last edited:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
check your bootloader recovery ver. should something 7.1.2 not 7.1.1 by using nougat ota....
use december 2017 ota update instead, seems ur not following the instructions.

@JinbrianZ

I just updated the recovery to 7.1.2. via SD card. I can access recovery only, no longer into the OS itself (this happens everytime I update OTA via SD card).

I booted into bootloader now, I tried again with OST LA, and I still get the same results! :cry:

JinbrianZ

Aug 18, 2013
CEBU
@JinbrianZ

I just updated the recovery to 7.1.2. via SD card. I can access recovery only, no longer into the OS itself (this happens everytime I update OTA via SD card).

I booted into bootloader now, I tried again with OST LA, and I still get the same results! :cry:

okay, then goto nokia 6 OTA updates find feb 2018 and choose ur variant.
note: do not rename the zip name and do not put it in any folder.
and just follow the instructions.

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
thats good to hear!

anyways you should read the OP in OTA thread, and see my first reply here.

@JinbrianZ

I have seen the OTA thread, (that's where I got the OTA updates from).

However, I'm still uncertain how to now update 8.0 to 8.1. :(

P.S. It's a shame that I have lost the ability to EDL and to enter recovery mode using Power + VolUp buttons :cry:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
@JinbrianZ

Are you talking about this thread by any chance??

JinbrianZ

Aug 18, 2013
CEBU
@JinbrianZ

Are you talking about this thread by any chance??

yes

this one
How to install 8.x/9.x OTA updates from recovery

JinbrianZ

Aug 18, 2013
CEBU
@JinbrianZ

Yes I've done this, and like with every other OTA update that I update from SD card it always brings me back to Recovery mode and NEVER enters the operating system! :(

So basically, it's almost as if no OS was installed when I apply any sort of OTa update. :cry:

first.-
if you are in feb patch oreo 8.0 and want to update to march 8.1 update
then you need to install the first march 8.0 update then march 8.1 dont skip any ota update..
you need to downgrade again ur recovery to nougat first by using december 2017 ota
when installing it will fail and will auto reboot to recovery, meaning your device is in bootloop state and cant enter the OS, and thats the process..
second.-
dont panic once downgraded and bootloop, you need to install the march 8.0 and downgrade again using nougat dec ota then install march 8.1 ota update. you should put it in ur sdcard without renaming it.
third.-
if you cant find ur variant model then try 1021 or 1025 it may' work fine.
if it still causing you to bootloop then try
opening the zip file from 1021/1025 and locate \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script
then change the "source & target" to ur variant.
fourth.-
if still doesnt work and fails. then dont force it. there is no other solution for that.
fifth.-
should use latest pie os instead thru ota notification update from working os.
or try using different variant for Oreo/Pie full OTA zip and install it via recovery.
remember should always downgrade to lower recovery version first before installing
higher version of ota update.

goodluck~

Last edited:

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
first.-
if you are in feb patch oreo 8.0 and want to update to march 8.1 update
then you need to install the first march 8.0 update then march 8.1 dont skip any ota update..
you need to downgrade again ur recovery to nougat first by using december 2017 ota
when installing it will fail and will auto reboot to recovery, meaning your device is in bootloop state and cant enter the OS, and thats the process..
second.-
dont panic once downgraded and bootloop, you need to install the march 8.0 and downgrade again using nougat dec ota then install march 8.1 ota update. you should put it in ur sdcard without renaming it.
third.-
if you cant find ur variant model then try 1021 or 1025 it may' work fine.
if it still causing you to bootloop then try
opening the zip file from 1021/1025 and locate \META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script
then change the "source & target" to ur variant.
fourth.-
if still doesnt work and fails. then dont force it. there is no other solution for that.
fifth.-
should use latest pie os instead thru ota notification update from working os.
or try using different variant for Oreo/Pie full OTA zip and install it via recovery.
remember should always downgrade to lower recovery version first before installing
higher version of ota update.

goodluck~

@JinbrianZ

Thanks for the good luck wishes, but I was unsuccessful! :(

I've tried understanding and executing your instructions (mainly step 1 and 2).

Now I did strangely manage to install Oreo 8.1 using Feb 8.1 update.
From what I remember, I downgrade to 7.1.1 recovery or OS and then proceeded immediately to Feb 8.1 update via. SD Card. And it worked!

However I downgraded again because I was comparing all the OS's. I tried again and ever since it doesn't work anymore!
The Feb 8.1 update installs until it gets to the third stage where the progress bar doesn't move for a long time and it gives me "Error" with the green robot caution sign. Then it reboots and stuck on 8.1 recovery mode. Never the OS.

This was the first and last time I EVER managed to get 8.1 installed. I am so confused why this happened.

I have also in the meantime tried Rooting my phone but for many days and weeks it is just IMPOSSIBLE!
Did Nokia make it this difficult??
How did you manage to Root your phone???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    okay, then goto nokia 6 OTA updates find feb 2018 and choose ur variant.
    note: do not rename the zip name and do not put it in any folder.
    and just follow the instructions.

@JinbrianZ

Okay great, I got the OTA Feb 2018 update and installed from SD card and it worked!

I am officially running Oreo 8.0! :D

Now, how do I get it to 8.1 perhaps?? :unsure:
    @JinbrianZ

Okay great, I got the OTA Feb 2018 update and installed from SD card and it worked!

I am officially running Oreo 8.0! :D

Now, how do I get it to 8.1 perhaps?? :unsure:

thats good to hear!

anyways you should read the OP in OTA thread, and see my first reply here.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone