Can't update to android 10

Search This thread

k00lguy105

Nov 4, 2007
Hawaii; Island of Oahu
I have the tencent version with 512gb and WW fingerprint but I downloaded the latest update from asus (UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0210.2001.60-1.1.97-user.zip) and renamed it to update.zip and put it on the root directory and rebooted and it asked me about the system update I say yes and I get an error, so I tried ADB sideload in recovery and i get this error terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc' what(): std::bad_alloc

can anyone help me install this update?

Last edited:

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Hi, first off there's 2 versions on ASUS website, CN & WW. Ensure you downloaded WW & try to flash it without changing the name , in root folder , restart device.

Alad_N

Sep 18, 2019
Same issue

I've the same problem. Tencent version with WW fingerprint and failed to install the update when moved to root folder. But I didn't try to sideload it though, not sure if we should?
My current build no: PKQ1.190414.001.WW_Phone-16.0631.1910.35-0

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
nope update failed error

Okay well 1 more thing you can try.

Try to update to beta 7 first and then update directly to beta 10 which is infact the latest Android 10 build, this should work 100%

Saying that, I wouldn't recommend Android 10. It's terrible with battery life, lowers the output sound of the speakers, has issues with 3rd party launchers and makes the phone overheat

k00lguy105

Nov 4, 2007
Hawaii; Island of Oahu
Okay well 1 more thing you can try.

Try to update to beta 7 first and then update directly to beta 10 which is infact the latest Android 10 build, this should work 100%

Saying that, I wouldn't recommend Android 10. It's terrible with battery life, lowers the output sound of the speakers, has issues with 3rd party launchers and makes the phone overheat

Well after hearing all these issues I'll stick with Android 9 for now, thanks anyway

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm
The problem to why update fails is because your tencent version is using WW ROM that is not official one for the tencent version. Tencent version is Chinese version and should be using CN ROM. So update is failing because of device is not meant for WW ROM and secondly you got wrong fingerprint version probably WW when it must also be CN or that it's CN now aswell.

All tencent rog phone 2 with WW ROM is not official device and has been modified by seller, before it was repacked. Asus do not sell tencent version officially with WW ROM, only with CN ROM. So your device has mostlikely no warranty aswell since bootloader is mostlikely unlocked aswell which voids the warranty by seller for reflashing from CN ROM to WW ROM.

Last edited:

k00lguy105

Nov 4, 2007
Hawaii; Island of Oahu
The problem to why update fails is because your tencent version is using WW ROM that is not official one for the tencent version. Tencent version is Chinese version and should be using CN ROM. So update is failing because of device is not meant for WW ROM and secondly you got wrong fingerprint version probably WW when it must also be CN or that it's CN now aswell.

All tencent rog phone 2 with WW ROM is not official device and has been modified by seller, before it was repacked. Asus do not sell tencent version officially with WW ROM, only with CN ROM. So your device has mostlikely no warranty aswell since bootloader is mostlikely unlocked aswell which voids the warranty by seller for reflashing from CN ROM to WW ROM.

So the extra square trade warranty i bought is no good?

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3

k00lguy105

Nov 4, 2007
Hawaii; Island of Oahu

Guybrush.d

Aug 28, 2007
Naples
Hi everybody, yesterday finally I got my rog 2. I bought the same 12gb tencent with WW rom installed from seller. I updated it to Android 9 build .64, my question is, after i read this forum, so officially Android 10 is not out yet for the rog2? I read about all this builds, this means that they still are in a test stage right? If so I'll wait for a stable release before update...Thanks

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm
Hi everybody, yesterday finally I got my rog 2. I bought the same 12gb tencent with WW rom installed from seller. I updated it to Android 9 build .64, my question is, after i read this forum, so officially Android 10 is not out yet for the rog2? I read about all this builds, this means that they still are in a test stage right? If so I'll wait for a stable release before update...Thanks

You should return your device asap since your device is not official by Asus. Asus do not make tencent version with WW ROM!

Also Android 10 is out for Rog phone 2.

Guybrush.d

Aug 28, 2007
Naples
You should return your device asap since your device is not official by Asus. Asus do not make tencent version with WW ROM!

Also Android 10 is out for Rog phone 2.

Thanks for your opinion...Of course I choose liberally to buy this phone. I also knew it was a CN version with WW rom, buying this phone version I saved 200$ so you can understand why...best regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your opinion...Of course I choose liberally to buy this phone. I also knew it was a CN version with WW rom, buying this phone version I saved 200$ so you can understand why...best regards

Latest A10 release is stable and going great for battery etc etc
    here