• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

can't use the wireless charging

Search This thread

chriscsh

Aug 13, 2007
Hong Kong
hi
my pixel 4 xL broken the wireless charging after the march update, until now, i upgrade to the android 12, but still can't get it work. anyone have this same problem? or anyone have solution to fix this?

Reactions: danw_oz

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hey! 👋🏻
I mean, Wireless charging is something that is rarely broken by an update, though it's possible🙄. Here is what I recommend you to do:
Refresh the whole firmware of the Google Pixel 4 XL and use the latest version version. 📲
If it still doesn't work do the process again, but this time flash the the version of Android that you remember had no problem with Wireless charging. 🔋
If nothing worked I would recommend you to try using another Wireless charging, if you don't want to buy a new one you can try one on some tech store on your city.
If nothing work I am sorry but your Wireless charging coil is broken, and you need to fix your phone. 📵
Fortunately it's very easy, you just need to change the back cover or just replace the wireless charging coil which is glued down on the back of the phone. Here is a link to fixit's web page with a guide on how to fix only the charging coil, though if you want you can buy a new back glass for 40$, just check it had all the camera sensors. 📸
Hope this helps you!!! ;D

Reactions: chriscsh

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
hi
my pixel 4 xL broken the wireless charging after the march update, until now, i upgrade to the android 12, but still can't get it work. anyone have this same problem? or anyone have solution to fix this?
I've had two P4XL's replaced under warranty, one as recently as a month ago. The same thing happened on both of them. The battery swells in the middle of the phone, separating the back glass from the frame around the volume buttons. I didn't see it until I took the case off and inspected the phone. Google has extended warranty for battery related issues if you purchased the phone directly from them. Check your phone carefully for this swelling and glass separation.

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
I've had two P4XL's replaced under warranty, one as recently as a month ago. The same thing happened on both of them. The battery swells in the middle of the phone, separating the back glass from the frame around the volume buttons. I didn't see it until I took the case off and inspected the phone. Google has extended warranty for battery related issues if you purchased the phone directly from them. Check your phone carefully for this swelling and glass separation.
That's strange, battery swallen is something that happens, but the device need to be very hot to for that to happen( like the battery need to be at almost 50 degrees, and should be older than 3 years).
Though if you can get it replaced that's a good idea 💡

chriscsh

Aug 13, 2007
Hong Kong
upgrade to android 12, but the wireless charging still not work, so maybe the wireless charging coil is broken :(

v12xke

Dec 5, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Nothing to do with 12. Charging coils are flexible and don't break. Batteries swell and their fragile connections do break. In the picture, the back glass is separated from the frame, indicating the battery is swollen. It is flush at the bottom corner but bulges in the center. This is an extreme case, yours may be more subtle but you have to rule it out.

separation.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi
    Hey! 👋🏻
    I mean, Wireless charging is something that is rarely broken by an update, though it's possible🙄. Here is what I recommend you to do:
    Refresh the whole firmware of the Google Pixel 4 XL and use the latest version version. 📲
    If it still doesn't work do the process again, but this time flash the the version of Android that you remember had no problem with Wireless charging. 🔋
    If nothing worked I would recommend you to try using another Wireless charging, if you don't want to buy a new one you can try one on some tech store on your city.
    If nothing work I am sorry but your Wireless charging coil is broken, and you need to fix your phone. 📵
    Fortunately it's very easy, you just need to change the back cover or just replace the wireless charging coil which is glued down on the back of the phone. Here is a link to fixit's web page with a guide on how to fix only the charging coil, though if you want you can buy a new back glass for 40$, just check it had all the camera sensors. 📸
    Hope this helps you!!! ;D