Can't use VPN on any roms - Why?

Search This thread

CherryRook

Jul 31, 2013
HTC Dragon
GT-i9020
I bought a used Nexus 10 and flashed Lineage OS 17.1 on it. I have to use VPN to visit google or youtube because I'm in Mainland of China, but no VPN works on my N10.
I tried other ROMs, change the network, and different VPNs and they are not working at all. I'm so confused, any way to solve this?

Umarabdullah230

Dec 6, 2022
Google Nexus 10
I bought a used Nexus 10 and flashed Lineage OS 17.1 on it. I have to use VPN to visit google or youtube because I'm in Mainland of China, but no VPN works on my N10.
I tried other ROMs, change the network, and different VPNs and they are not working at all. I'm so confused, any way to solve this?
I've few friends in China, and there are facing the same issue. Likely it is related to VPN service provider and not the tablet.

CherryRook

Jul 31, 2013
HTC Dragon
GT-i9020
I've few friends in China, and there are facing the same issue. Likely it is related to VPN service provider and not the tablet.
Nah... My provider is stable. I use same service on different devices including a Nexus 7 (2013) with LOS18, it's perfect though.
Downgraded my N10 to LOS14.1 (Android 7.1.2) few days ago and vpn works well on it, so Im pretty sure it's about the software part. Any thoughts?