Can't verify update

Search This thread

Illyve1

Mar 30, 2022
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm trying to update my Redmi Note 8 Pro global from 12.0.8 to 12.5.1 manually since it doesn't find new updates no matter what i do.
I downloaded the ROM and selected it in "Choose update package", it tries to verify the update for a few seconds then just show me the message "Can't verify update. Couldn't verify update package." or "Can't verify update. Can't flash this stable ROM."

I tried to install it via USB flashing it with mi flash tool, still got the same message.

Does anyone know a fix for this, or at least why this is happening? Any help are appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-06-17-27-10-434_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-06-17-27-10-434_com.android.updater.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 2,079
Last edited:

Illyve1

Mar 30, 2022
Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you are scared of losing the warranty, you wont once you relock the bootloader. Any other way, you ve tried it and it didn't work
It's not about the warranty, it's about my bank apps that might not work with the bootloader unlocked.

I'm going to do some research on how to unlock and lock the bootloader, as I didn't know it was possible to lock it again. Thank you for your help!

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
If you are scared of losing the warranty, you wont once you relock the bootloader. Any other way, you ve tried it and it didn't work
Hello, i saw ur comment and made this acc.. can u guide me how to unlock mi10t and like explain whole process from A to Z? I dont wanna brink my phone. And also please guide me how to relock it again as well. Thank you. (I dont want to unlock my phone but its been like more than a year that i havent received a single update, not even a security patch).

Fytdyh

Hello, i saw ur comment and made this acc.. can u guide me how to unlock mi10t and like explain whole process from A to Z? I dont wanna brink my phone. And also please guide me how to relock it again as well. Thank you. (I dont want to unlock my phone but its been like more than a year that i havent received a single update, not even a security patch).
I fear that you might have misunderstood me. You cannot relock the bootloader while running a modified stock rom/custom rom. You can only relock the bootloader on a stock rom.

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
I fear that you might have misunderstood me. You cannot relock the bootloader while running a modified stock rom/custom rom. You can only relock the bootloader on a stock rom.
😅 What is the process? Like i found the official rom of my mi 10t but idk how to unlock and relock in fact im worried about bricking my phone and if i able to do stuff right im worried i wont get OTA updated about unlocking my phone

Fytdyh

😅 What is the process? Like i found the official rom of my mi 10t but idk how to unlock and relock in fact im worried about bricking my phone and if i able to do stuff right im worried i wont get OTA updated about unlocking my phone
Are you running the latest stock version of your rom? Then, if you plan on using a smartphone with a locked bootloader, you already are. With a locked bootloader you won't get unofficial updates.

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
Are you running the latest stock version of your rom? Then, if you plan on using a smartphone with a locked bootloader, you already are. With a locked bootloader you won't get unofficial updates.
The issue is.. im using miui 12 (12.0.11.0) with security patch or January 2021. Xaiomi blocked/stopped the upgrade from android 10 to 11.

Reactions: shidoro

Fytdyh

Follow these guides
1. https://www.guidetoroot.com/unlock-...ets_Unlock_the_bootloader_on_the_Xiaomi_Phone
if it says wait a week, wait a week.

2. download latest fastboot rom available for your phone (your model is Mi 10T Global):

3. download latest miflash and install

4. after selecting the rom, first select "clean all" and flash. if it boots and everything works, retry and select "clean all and lock". why ? if you lock the first time and it doesnt boot, you need to take it to service.

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
Follow these guides
1. https://www.guidetoroot.com/unlock-...ets_Unlock_the_bootloader_on_the_Xiaomi_Phone

2. download latest fastboot rom available for your phone (your model is Mi 10T Global):

4. after selecting the rom, first select "clean all" and flash. if it boots and everything works, retry and select "clean all and lock". why ? if you lock the first time and it doesnt boot, you need to take it to service.
Tyvm i will give this one a try

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
Follow these guides

Hi im back again. So im waititng for 1 week for my device to unlock. Soooo as its my first time doing stuff like this.. i was going through A LOT of new stuff and found xiaomi.eu rom r better in performance than global one. So i got 2 questions i hope u dont mind me asking them here.
1. Eu rom is really better than global? (Btw EEA = ea rom on this website:- https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/apollo/ ) ??
2. I heard to get eu rom i need something like twrp and adp something.. but can i get ea room from recovery just like global rom (method u mentioned above. Bcz ur method seems SUPER easy than eu rom one).

Fytdyh

Hi im back again. So im waititng for 1 week for my device to unlock. Soooo as its my first time doing stuff like this.. i was going through A LOT of new stuff and found xiaomi.eu rom r better in performance than global one. So i got 2 questions i hope u dont mind me asking them here.
1. Eu rom is really better than global? (Btw EEA = ea rom on this website:- https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/apollo/ ) ??
2. I heard to get eu rom i need something like twrp and adp something.. but can i get ea room from recovery just like global rom (method u mentioned above. Bcz ur method seems SUPER easy than eu rom one).
The rom from Xiaomi.eu is a custom rom. Xiaomi.eu is a group of enthusiasts who modify the stock Xiaomi rom, adding and removing features. Make no mistake, that's a custom rom. Close the bootloader with that one installed and you hard brick your device. The method I told you is the official one, which makes downgrading and upgrading your phones super easy. Now, if you want to flash a different version of the stock rom to your phone and lock the bootloader afterwards, be careful. There were reports that nothing happened and everything worked, but unfortunately not that many. A different stock rom might have a different cell tower reception, not adjusted to your country. So you might get less reception.

Reactions: Swatyoyo

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
The rom from Xiaomi.eu is a custom rom. Xiaomi.eu is a group of enthusiasts who modify the stock Xiaomi rom, adding and removing features. Make no mistake, that's a custom rom. Close the bootloader with that one installed and you hard brick your device. The method I told you is the official one, which makes downgrading and upgrading your phones super easy. Now, if you want to flash a different version of the stock rom to your phone and lock the bootloader afterwards, be careful. There were reports that nothing happened and everything worked, but unfortunately not that many. A different stock rom might have a different cell tower reception, not adjusted to your country. So you might get less reception.
Ah i got it thank you soooooo much for the clarification. I will go for your method because i want to lock my phone again. I will report back after installing everything. Thank you

Swatyoyo

May 17, 2022
Pakistan
Hey today my phone unlocks so i will be doing the update. I just wanted to ask that on website:- https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/apollo/ there is miui updates (i downloaded a fastboot 5.2g latest one 12.5.10.0) and firmware of 150mbs. So i have to install both firmware and miui rom? Or just stock miui rom? I read somewhere that firmware is for user which come from very old stock rom to latest one. So how to install firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow these guides

Unlock bootloader, download the appropriate ROM for your version of smartphone (fastboot version), delete the check from the flash bat and you can flash. First try flashing, see if it boots. If everything is OK, you can try flash and lock.
    The issue is.. im using miui 12 (12.0.11.0) with security patch or January 2021. Xaiomi blocked/stopped the upgrade from android 10 to 11.