• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Capri vs Magisk

Search This thread

KnightTheWayne

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone. I have begun to experiment with the Moto g10 (XT2127-2). The following is what I have discovered. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
So I downloaded stock rom, extracted boot img, patched it using magisk. After installing updates to May 1, 2021, I unlocked bootloader and flashed the patched boot.img to boot _a and boot_b in fastbootd mode.
Device booted up successfully without touchscreen, WiFi or cellular networks.
So via otg, I used a mouse. & I was able to get internet access via Bluetooth tethering. My main concern was to determine whether or not magisk is working.
Magisk went through the routine as usual and everything seemed successful.
I like the simplicity and detailed info provided by link2sd. So after installing the application, I saw the superuser prompt and felt really confident!
Testing time. I immediately attacked a system app - Google search. I tried to uninstall but all I got was fail! Android UI replied this time with the message that the application cannot be removed or deleted.
Is android finally ahead of root access?

KnightTheWayne

Jun 21, 2021
So I flashed the complete stock rom in regular fastboot mode, but I replaced boot.img with the patched boot.img.
Now everything works, except complete root access :( ...
Editing the system or product partition is not allowed at this time. (Same thing on Android 10 on other devices.)

Some system apps can be disabled though. But Motorola updates CANNOT be frozen. It's as though the developers tested superuser access before releasing to the public and restricted the former power we enjoyed.

Last edited:

xdaman-2021

May 2, 2021
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Moto G10
Hi everyone. I have begun to experiment with the Moto g10 (XT2127-2). The following is what I have discovered. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
So I downloaded stock rom, extracted boot img, patched it using magisk. After installing updates to May 1, 2021, I unlocked bootloader and flashed the patched boot.img to boot _a and boot_b in fastbootd mode.
So via otg, I used a mouse. & I was able to get internet access via Bluetooth tethering. My main concern was to determine whether or not magisk is working.
I like the simplicity and detailed info provided by link2sd. So after installing the application, I saw the superuser prompt and felt really confident!
Testing time. I immediately attacked a system app - Google search. I tried to uninstall but all I got was fail! Android UI replied this time with the message that the application cannot be removed or deleted.
Hello,
As far as I know, dis-functioning touch-screen after magisk, is caused when boot-image and firmware mis-match, like we have many editions of the moto-g10, like 'RETEU', 'RETIN'(g10-power), 'RETGB, as found here.

Our device is merely a combination of moto-e7-plus and moto-g30, so keep watching, their general, guides, and development threads for better understanding. Actually all the devices with qualcomm-460, are useful to us, like the oneplus-n100.

This may interest you, as moto-g-play-2021 is also very similar to our device, and its community is far more active than ours.

Reactions: Shiina Akasha

Shiina Akasha

Oct 19, 2020
Hello,
As far as I know, dis-functioning touch-screen after magisk, is caused when boot-image and firmware mis-match, like we have many editions of the moto-g10, like 'RETEU', 'RETIN'(g10-power), 'RETGB, as found here.

Our device is merely a combination of moto-e7-plus and moto-g30, so keep watching, their general, guides, and development threads for better understanding. Actually all the devices with qualcomm-460, are useful to us, like the oneplus-n100.

This may interest you, as moto-g-play-2021 is also very similar to our device, and its community is far more active than ours.
Thanks a lot for the pretty confident suggestions! It really did work, Rooting the Device via patching the boot image of correct firmware file (Retin in my case).

Everything went smooth!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,