Capturing seminar while taking notes

Search This thread

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
So, I really want to be able to attend a seminar with a whiteboard or projected powerpoint... record the video and audio and text on the whiteboard - WHILE using Note to take handwritten and/or typed notes.

My solution - thought I'd share this accessory structure for recording:
1 piece double sided clear 3M stickies;
1 right angle prism (about 5-8mm) with an aluminized hypotenuse (about $5 on ebay).
Then I just apply the prism to the sticky and on to the front facing camera.

Works GREAT for taking pictures/video while the note stays flat on the desk. Also great for traffic black box video with note 2 on the dash for heads up display hud.

Problems to solve:
1) background video/audio recording THAT ALLOWS S-memo or Polaris Office or similar to be on (still looking - advice greatly appreciated).
2) self-portrait camera shows orientation on screen correctly, but it transposes or mirror flips the image when saving such that text on powerpoint is mirror reversed.
3) FFC has no way to zoom in stock app.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2013-06-27-08-20-47.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-27-08-20-47.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Screenshots_2013-06-27-08-21-29.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-06-27-08-21-29.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

Optimistic Pessimist

Mar 22, 2013
Sydney
Problems to solve:
1) background video/audio recording THAT ALLOWS S-memo or Polaris Office or similar to be on (still looking - advice greatly appreciated).
2) self-portrait camera shows orientation on screen correctly, but it transposes or mirror flips the image when saving such that text on powerpoint is mirror reversed.

Thats pretty creative.

1) You could setup Multi windows to have camera and S-memo running at the same time, then just minimise( drag the divider bar) the window with the camera. (not sure if that would work)

2) Use any video editing program you have (i.e Windows Movie Maker) and use that to flip the video to how it should be

3) stick the prism to the main rear facing camera, and use that to record and be able to zoom. If the video appears mirrored, then use the video editing program to un-mirror it.

Reactions: willfck4beer

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
Thats pretty creative.

1) You could setup Multi windows to have camera and S-memo running at the same time, then just minimise( drag the divider bar) the window with the camera. (not sure if that would work)

2) Use any video editing program you have (i.e Windows Movie Maker) and use that to flip the video to how it should be

3) stick the prism to the main rear facing camera, and use that to record and be able to zoom. If the video appears mirrored, then use the video editing program to un-mirror it.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I'm on stock because this is a work phone - waiting for the warranty to expire before rooting so can't add camera app to multiwindow yet. This was a great idea though!
The rear camera was a great idea too but it wouldn't let me keep the liveview comfortably on the desk for writing.

Optimistic Pessimist

Mar 22, 2013
Sydney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuKlVKZgQc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This background configurable Secret Video Recorder SVR seems almost perfect;
Seems to lack orientation setting in exif metadata though. Would be tits if I could control horizontal and vertical (maybe with orientation lock?) mirroring flipping transpose live on android itself rather than reencoding on desktop pc in post processing.

Seems like a cool app. Might come in handy :p

Unfortunately, I'm on stock because this is a work phone - waiting for the warranty to expire before rooting so can't add camera app to multiwindow yet. This was a great idea though!
The rear camera was a great idea too but it wouldn't let me keep the liveview comfortably on the desk for writing.
Don't sweat it man, no one at your work will even know that your phone is rooted. Well, that is unless they're into rooting phones themselves and really dig into your phones information.

1-You shouldn't let your coworkers dig into your phone like that.
2-If they're into rooting phones, then they won't care anyways.

Go ahead and take the plunge man, you'll be glad that you did!!!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 2 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
This is a good point. Just haven't had the need yet. And I'm concerned about a hardware failure... warranty not being honored due to root... and having to pay our have firm pay. Maybe this is obviated by insurance though?

willfck4beer

Oct 18, 2007
Arcnote is awesome but seems to require focus and manual capture of pictures of slides.

Secret video recorder svr from zero noise dev team is exactly what I was looking for for background video and audio recording. This thing is sweet! Five stars. Arc note would be badass if it could post process video... detecting each slide transition, capturing a photo and then doing its auto zoom, keystone magic. Thank you for the recommendation nonetheless!

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
This is a good point. Just haven't had the need yet. And I'm concerned about a hardware failure... warranty not being honored due to root... and having to pay our have firm pay. Maybe this is obviated by insurance though?

Solutions for your warranty problem :

1. Use a a one click root & unroot program called framaroot v 1.4.1 : See this link for tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mQz4n-Z-M
download : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

3. When ever your sending this phone for any repair just one click unroot.

2. Use Trainagle away app from play store to reset your binary ( this is what your warranty guys check) - Now you are back to factory :) Cheers !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problems to solve:

Thats pretty creative.

Don't sweat it man, no one at your work will even know that your phone is rooted. Well, that is unless they're into rooting phones themselves and really dig into your phones information.

1-You shouldn't let your coworkers dig into your phone like that.
    2-If they're into rooting phones, then they won't care anyways.

Go ahead and take the plunge man, you'll be glad that you did!!!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 2 using XDA Premium
    Look at an app called Arcnote. Does exactly what your want and more

Solutions for your warranty problem :

1. Use a a one click root & unroot program called framaroot v 1.4.1 : See this link for tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mQz4n-Z-M
    download : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

3. When ever your sending this phone for any repair just one click unroot.

2. Use Trainagle away app from play store to reset your binary ( this is what your warranty guys check) - Now you are back to factory :) Cheers !