• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Car holder

Search This thread

kokobaliev

Oct 23, 2011
Hello!
I am looking for car holder/charger for the phone when its folded.
any recommendations?

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
i'm using this ZF3 car holder and this USB A to 2 USB type C cable to power the holder and charge the phone, and it works with the phone open and closed. to hold the phone closed, i shift the "hands/grips" part of the holder so they're vertical. when the phone is opened, the "hands/grips" are horizontal. see pics below; the yellow circle and check marks identify the USB-C connections. as an FYI, Android Auto works perfectly with the splitter cable.

ZF3_carholder2.jpgZF3_carholder.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021
This one is great because it doesn't block my windshield nor my Android-based stereo screen and it wirelessly charges (the USB is from my stereo, otherwise if you don't have a 3.0 USB in your car, you can get a plug for the cigarette lighter): Nalwort Wireless Car Charger 15W Qi Fast Charge with Metal Frame Dashboard and Air Vent Phone Holder Auto Clamping Wireless Car Charger Mount Compatible for iPhone 11/XR/X, Samsung S20/S10 and More https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08C2RGJPB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NFX3GSBPCQSCEE17YE2Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1