Car Launcher Pro

Search This thread

pants001

Mar 8, 2015
Perth
There is a trial version of it. Just look at the devs other apps.

I installed it yesterday to give it a go. Really nice clean interface, im liking it a lot.
Some benefits.

Simple interface, clean...Shows speed and time and shortcuts to some apps (I only use music, digital radio and spotify so this is perfect for me)
Installs as an App and you can start it from shortcut, once happy you can have it start automatically on boot as your default launcher.
Has in built screen dimming which works (All other auto dimmers have never worked for me)
3 different launcher themes, im using the one in the photo.
Easy to remove if not happy

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
I installed it yesterday to give it a go. Really nice clean interface, im liking it a lot.
Some benefits.

Simple interface, clean...Shows speed and time and shortcuts to some apps (I only use music, digital radio and spotify so this is perfect for me)
Installs as an App and you can start it from shortcut, once happy you can have it start automatically on boot as your default launcher.
Has in built screen dimming which works (All other auto dimmers have never worked for me)
3 different launcher themes, im using the one in the photo.
Easy to remove if not happy

Does it work with your hard buttons?

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
I gave it a shot on mine. Looks really nice. I wish the app buttons were a bit larger though. Looks much more like a OEM type interface.

pants001

Mar 8, 2015
Perth
I gave it a shot on mine. Looks really nice. I wish the app buttons were a bit larger though. Looks much more like a OEM type interface.

Ye thats what i thought, looks similar to WinCE radio launchers
One thing i found to be a pain was that android by default, launches apps you had previously running (Which includes this Launcher)
So its already loaded when your device boots up, but as you open up your music, the Self boot of the app kicks in as well and you go back to desktop.

Im sure easy to get over somehow

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
So you have it set to autoplay off usb? Mine was playing the music as soon as it booted. If you disable the autoplay it doesn't launch the music app on startup.

I have it and love it! Originally downloaded it because it uses power amp as the default music player, I downloaded pro because with pro I can make it as my default home screen launcher. I've been very pleased with the results so far. And I've been running its for about a month.

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK
I'm a bit confused by this app. Can someone help please? I bought a car with AndroidAuto built in and I made the assumption (probably wrongly) that this is a replacement launcher for my car dash. But - I'm not sure how to get it to mirror into my vehicle. Do I need AA installed, or do I use Mirror Link? Confused!

enko420

Mar 28, 2011
I used the Trial for about 5 minutes before I purchased the full version. This is exactly what I needed :) Now, Unfortunately im going to have to purchase poweramp i think :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not possible to deactivate speed in Statusbar and on main screen.
    Stupid information on unit screen in a car for me.
    Looking on the cars display for this.

Getapped and getalked with 6603

Go into app settings and disable notifications. That removed the statusbar speed.
    Main screen, use a different layout.
    All of the three offered screens containing speed.
    Not good for me.

Getapped and getalked with 6603

Versus the main instruments?

Which btw can be up to 10% inaccurate, or even more if some muppet has fitted a wrong wheel and tyre setup.

In these days of excessive speed cameras that gps fed speed display is vastly more accurate than your vehicle and is a highly valuable feature.
    I solved the Spotify problem.

"In Spotify settings you need to enable to send information via broadcast."
    Has anyone seen this before or more importantly tried it on these head units?
    Looks really good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autolauncher.motorcar
    I have decided to go with Car launcher app, for me is the most stable and customizable in the market; here is my latest work, edited from free Theme1:

I can give you only some instructions, because it is a theme transformation and can not be loaded - depend from one device to another;
    So: the background is from internet, with a little photoshop; the 3d icons I' ve made also with a graphic program, and I also changed some fonts with an editor, and place them on the app. I can acces android auto, and the music player (MUSICOLET) will start from where you left; the phone app is DRUPE.
    About how to change the items in theme (Theme 1 in this case) there are some youtube posts, but I can guide you to if needed.