Car Launcher Pro

Search This thread

pr0l4m3

Apr 12, 2011
No, because those players are the problem - they ignore (and thus have not implemented) any rules for android media apps. So either use other players, or insert widgets from those players in your theme.
so i still need use fcc launcher widgets in car launcher pro. As i say in other topic fcc can steering these platform.

IG_Vasilich

FCC supports some specific firmware platforms (mainly MTCD), and fails on other ones (like mine FYT - FCC just crashes when tryng to use some specific functions). CarLauncher tries to support all standard android things, without any hardware/firmware dependency.
If you want to use CarLauncher, then you get better any other music player (the built in one is pretty crappy anyway).
About radio - have you checked whether your HU is supported by NavRadio+?

pr0l4m3

Apr 12, 2011
FCC supports some specific firmware platforms (mainly MTCD), and fails on other ones (like mine FYT - FCC just crashes when tryng to use some specific functions). CarLauncher tries to support all standard android things, without any hardware/firmware dependency.
If you want to use CarLauncher, then you get better any other music player (the built in one is pretty crappy anyway).
About radio - have you checked whether your HU is supported by NavRadio+?
music player is no problem i know its crappy build in. But navradio doesnt support my HU :)

Reactions: ziddey

IG_Vasilich

and you believe that developers of car launcher will develop radio app that will support your nonstandard hardware?
Would you do it yourself if you would be developer of a universal LAUNCHER? Do you have any idea how hard is it to support any hardware without protocol description? Have you thought about the reason why KoTix2 haven't implement support of your HU radio?

pr0l4m3

Apr 12, 2011
and you believe that developers of car launcher will develop radio app that will support your nonstandard hardware?
Would you do it yourself if you would be developer of a universal LAUNCHER? Do you have any idea how hard is it to support any hardware without protocol description? Have you thought about the reason why KoTix2 haven't implement support of your HU radio?
i know i'am developer. I know its possible integrate it (FCC do it). I dont want to build separate radio but integrate. UIS7862 its new procesor and its new HU but its the fastest units on market and next customers will buy it. Its only my proposal for do it nothing more.

Write here because maybe developer of car launcher pro read this and can be good idea for him. Better integration more potential audience.

Cheers!

Reactions: lordkurt

matrixx1

Jan 30, 2011
Budapest
Android Wear
Hi, I have an MTCE PX6 headunit. If the radio goes into sleep and stays I sleep for a lo get time like 24 hours when the headunit wakes up, Carlauncher loads starts to play the music from Poweramp where it left off then the headunit freezes and restarts. Could this be caused by Poweramp or something else, or is this common with CarLuanche rPro with MTCE headunits?

Spastro

Feb 18, 2020
Just installed my android head unit last week and purchased car launcher Pro today and loving it.

Have a small question in regards to the the on dash map that follows you around.

Do I need to buy a Rader pack of some sort to have speed and red light cameras show up there? Currently I think it's using Google maps?

I have Waze set for default nav and that works well is there anyway to have Google launch that when I ask for directions using the mic on the launcher?

Cheers

techo91

Aug 29, 2007
Barcelona
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time user of car launcher pro and only recently updated to the latest available version. After that i had an issue that I would like to resolve. The issue is that after my HU boots up, I always have the car launcher screen on top. Since I have a CarPlay application that auto starts and auto connects to my phone, I would like this to be on top. Before on an older version of the Car Launcher this was working like this, but since I upgraded this is no longer the case. I was looking in the Car Launcher settings but I did not find anything there that can address the issue.
Do you guys know of a way to solve this?
Thanks.

pedro2767

Feb 27, 2011
Alba-Iulia
I purchased and installed car launcher pro. I set the launcher as default, but always when I start the car, head-unit (android auto) starts with the launcher stock ... What do I have to do, so that when I start the car, head-unit (android car) to start with the launcher "Car Launcher Pro.
Thank you very much!

teo_dor

Mar 8, 2021
ee
I purchased and installed car launcher pro. I set the launcher as default, but always when I start the car, head-unit (android auto) starts with the launcher stock ... What do I have to do, so that when I start the car, head-unit (android car) to start with the launcher "Car Launcher Pro.
Thank you very much!
Hello Pedro

See the attached files :
1 press settings
2 press the red text , first row
3 Chose Home screen app = "Car Launcher"
4 save & exit

Attachments

• CL2.JPG
    CL2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 358
  • CL1.JPG
    CL1.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 359
  • CL3.JPG
    CL3.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 355

pedro2767

Feb 27, 2011
Alba-Iulia
Hello Teo. Thank you, but...
I specified in the post, I set "Car Launcher Pro" as default. I made this setting immediately after installation.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_191627.jpg
    IMG_20210615_191627.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20210615_191802.jpg
    IMG_20210615_191802.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20210615_191836.jpg
    IMG_20210615_191836.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 143

pedro2767

Feb 27, 2011
Alba-Iulia
Thank you for your advice... I'll give it a try.
Tomorrow I'm going to try other launchers, see how they behave. 👍

(speak romanian... Your nickname tells me something... If I'm wrong, I apologize)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not possible to deactivate speed in Statusbar and on main screen.
    Stupid information on unit screen in a car for me.
    Looking on the cars display for this.

Getapped and getalked with 6603

Go into app settings and disable notifications. That removed the statusbar speed.
    Main screen, use a different layout.
    All of the three offered screens containing speed.
    Not good for me.

Getapped and getalked with 6603

Versus the main instruments?

Which btw can be up to 10% inaccurate, or even more if some muppet has fitted a wrong wheel and tyre setup.

In these days of excessive speed cameras that gps fed speed display is vastly more accurate than your vehicle and is a highly valuable feature.
    I solved the Spotify problem.

"In Spotify settings you need to enable to send information via broadcast."
    Has anyone seen this before or more importantly tried it on these head units?
    Looks really good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autolauncher.motorcar
    I have decided to go with Car launcher app, for me is the most stable and customizable in the market; here is my latest work, edited from free Theme1:

I can give you only some instructions, because it is a theme transformation and can not be loaded - depend from one device to another;
    So: the background is from internet, with a little photoshop; the 3d icons I' ve made also with a graphic program, and I also changed some fonts with an editor, and place them on the app. I can acces android auto, and the music player (MUSICOLET) will start from where you left; the phone app is DRUPE.
    About how to change the items in theme (Theme 1 in this case) there are some youtube posts, but I can guide you to if needed.