Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adinkwok

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2013
Seattle
adin.dev
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FuK2Q5sA.png

This is CarbonROM for the Poco F1. For those that follow us, you would know that we have been working since the hour the first Android 9.0 repositories dropped. The CarbonROM developers have been working on getting private builds up to our release standards - I am specifically working on feature bring up and creation. Like all ROMs, flash at your own risk.

Disclaimer:
There will be bugs. The point of these builds is not only solve device-related issues, but to give a sneak peek of what the features of CR-7.0 will be. Please keep this in mind when posting in the thread.

When posting bug reports, do:
Provide details of additional modifications
Provide any logs possible

When posting bug reports, do not:
Leave any of the above out
Post without reading the whole OP
Quote the whole OP
Expect me to address any bug reports
Tag me in bug reports thinking I'll address them

If you don't follow these simple guidelines, I will probably ignore you.

List of known bugs:
Coming soon..?

Downloads:
Official downloads
Latest test build

Kernel source:
GitHub

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for the Poco F1, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
adinkwok
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 9.2.11 and above
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-01
Last Updated 2019-04-09

adinkwok

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
May 28, 2013
Seattle
adin.dev

unos21

Jun 23, 2015
Bangalore
Okay short report: ROM is blasing fast and snappy. Has most needed modifications ( system dark mode, disable notch aso.... This is my dd for the next weeks!
Thanks Dev and Carbon Team for your hard work.
Please Post some benchmark scores. I want to see the difference the precompiled bits bring.

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
Booted twrp (official)
Formatted data
Wiped everything
Flashed vendor/firmware 9.2.25
Flashed carbon
Flashed gapps nano
Wiped cache/data
Rebooted
Bootloop...

Tried the same but without gapps but same - bootloop

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Booted twrp (official)
Formatted data
Wiped everything
Flashed carbon
Flashed gapps nano
Wiped cache/data
Rebooted
Bootloop...

Did it again but this time with gapps and dfe and it booted.
So does it REQUIRE dfe?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Please Post some benchmark scores. I want to see the difference the precompiled bits bring.
Clean flash as described above (with dfe to get it to boot!)

Antutu 207999
Geekbench 1870 single core / 5172 multi-core

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Antutu 207999

In contrast - clean flash of pe caf

Antutu 242399
Geekbench 2417 single core / 8712 multi-core

Usual caveats about synthetic benchmarks apply but it seems to me that if specific tweaks were applied to carbon to improve benchmarks they don't seem to be improving matters in these cases...

Last edited:
Reactions: clonechill

ahmd gom3aa

Jul 31, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Booted twrp (official)
Formatted data
Wiped everything
Flashed carbon
Flashed gapps nano
Wiped cache/data
Rebooted
Bootloop...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Did it again but this time with gapps and dfe and it booted.
So does it REQUIRE dfe?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Antutu 207999

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

In contrast - clean flash of pe caf

Antutu 242399
Geekbench 2417 single core / 8712 multi-core

Usual caveats about synthetic benchmarks apply but it seems to me that if specific tweaks were applied to carbon to improve benchmarks they don't seem to be improving matters in these cases...
i think if you are decrypted & you flashed a newer vendor then you need dfe.. to keep your decryption state.

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
So the ROM in one word is amazing.

As for antutu, I attached a screenshot. I only installed the app and ran it, don't have any apps installed aside it, I do not know much about this benchmark nor it matters to me. But did it anyways.

This lower score could be because thermal profiles are not included? I think those would help tremendously with the score.

As for normal usage (didn't try games), everything is fluid and fast, no hiccups anywhere, definitely a solid daily driver for those who are looking to try it.

------------------
As the ROM is in a great condition from first build, there isnt any major bugs I found, but for really tiny ones, which most people won't care about but will state anyways:
1. Can the gap between clock and notification icons be smaller so 2 icons would show when there is 2 notification icons?
2. When right side of status bar is filled, icons gets pushed to out-of-sceeen to the right side instead of just just a dot, idk if this is intended to be have that way or not.
3. Swiping up the pulldown slowly while looking on left side, animation of notification icons isn't correctly working
4. Quick settings toggles in notification view aren't spread out equally, probably has to do with content padding.

Thank you,

Edit: seems like IR camera doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190302-012026_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg
    Screenshot_20190302-012026_AnTuTu_Benchmark.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,257
Last edited:

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
i think if you are decrypted & you flashed a newer vendor then you need dfe.. to keep your decryption state.
No - clean flashes each time.
Format data and wipe everything.
I couldn't get carbon to boot without flashing dfe.

Edit: yes I know how dfe works and when it's needed but in this case I was delibertely doing clean flashes for testing.
Not sure why my antutu was so much lower than the poster above.

Last edited:

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
you said before if u r encrypted , u don't need dfe
but decrypted with a new vendor .. u need dfe
so, this rom forces encryption even if you r encrypted?
You're confusing me.
I tried to clean flash carbon and it would not boot.
I did a new clean flash but this time flashed dfe at the end and it booted.
So in my case I could not get carbon to boot WITHOUT flashing dfe.

droidjunky90

Jul 17, 2015
You're confusing me.
I tried to clean flash carbon and it would not boot.
I did a new clean flash but this time flashed dfe at the end and it booted.
So in my case I could not get carbon to boot WITHOUT flashing dfe.
I think if you previously flashed vendor 9.2.25 which is the latest with the carbon rom it could be possible that your data gets "encrypted", this is the only logical explanation on why you had to flash DFE with your clean flash process.

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
I think if you previously flashed vendor 9.2.25 which is the latest with the carbon rom it could be possible that your data gets "encrypted", this is the only logical explanation on why you had to flash DFE with your clean flash process.
Again this is not making sense to me.
Each time I installed I formatted data, wiped everyting, flashed the vendor/firmware and ROM etc.
I was not carrying data over from one installation to another so what you're talking about seems irrelevant here.
Anyway dfe does not decrypt - it just prevents vendor/firmware from encrypting if not already encrypted.
I think you're confused about how some of this stuff works to be honest....
Your only reason for flashing dfe above is not correct.
I had to flash dfe to get carbon to boot which seems to imply that carbon cannot with the vendor/firmware encryption process or an encrypted phone.

Pkease read my posts carefully.
I was starting totally afresh when testing carbon and pe caf here.

Last edited:

droidjunky90

Jul 17, 2015
Again this is not making sense to me.
Each time I installed I formatted data, wiped everyting, flashed the vendor/firmware and ROM etc.
I was not carrying data over from one installation to another so what you're talking about seems irrelevant here.
Anyway dfe does not decrypt - it just prevents vendor/firmware from encrypting if not already encrypted.
I think you're confused about how some of this stuff works to be honest....

Pkease read my posts carefully.
I was starting totally afresh when testing carbon and pe caf here.
what is irrelevant here my friend? you are aware that Disable Force Encryption stats the matter by the name here, you clean flashed the ROM, and you had a bootloop, am not sure even if you have removed all the locks before booting to TWRP nor sure about of you even have your data decrypted to begin with, the fact that you had to flash DFE to sort the bootloop also explains it, wanna make sure go ahead and clean flash the same ROM but this time around without flashing DFE.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

what is irrelevant here my friend? you are aware that Disable Force Encryption stats the matter by the name here, you clean flashed the ROM, and you had a bootloop, am not sure even if you have removed all the locks before booting to TWRP nor sure about of you even have your data decrypted to begin with, the fact that you had to flash DFE to sort the bootloop also explains it, wanna make sure go ahead and clean flash the same ROM but this time around without flashing DFE.

Edit: some ROMS here require a specific vendor firmware version to operate and functions as it should, try CRdroid and you will face the same obstacle on 9.2.25 version.

hexisg

Feb 5, 2015
antutu score 242687 , clean flash.
In my opinion this rom is faster than PE CAF rom.It is simply instantaneous.
Dirac sound is a very important extra to me.
As of bugs : in the about menu on the sim card tab there are no info available on signal strenght and all other boxes.
As a small request if it is possible to add display profiles from LOS 16.
Amaizing work on this one.

dalyer

Jun 24, 2013
Dublin
what is irrelevant here my friend?

You are talking about being decrypted and needing to flash dfe after vendor/firmware to stay decrypted.
This is irrelevant because I was starting from a clean base/fresh setup each time.
you are aware that Disable Force Encryption stats the matter by the name here
Don't know what you're talking about.
you clean flashed the ROM, and you had a bootloop
I clean flashed EVERYTHING!
am not sure even if you have removed all the locks before booting to TWRP
What "locks" are you on about?
nor sure about of you even have your data decrypted to begin with,
there was no data "to begin with" since I formatted/wiped/flashed afresh.
the fact that you had to flash DFE to sort the bootloop also explains it
All it explains is that the ROM does not boot if vendor/firmware is not patched with dfe.
Edit: some ROMS here require a specific vendor firmware version to operate and functions as it should, try CRdroid and you will face the same obstacle on 9.2.25 version.
The requirements in the OP are 9.2.11 (which I don't know even exists) OR LATER.
9.2.25 is later obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FuK2Q5sA.png

This is CarbonROM for the Poco F1. For those that follow us, you would know that we have been working since the hour the first Android 9.0 repositories dropped. The CarbonROM developers have been working on getting private builds up to our release standards - I am specifically working on feature bring up and creation. Like all ROMs, flash at your own risk.

Disclaimer:
    There will be bugs. The point of these builds is not only solve device-related issues, but to give a sneak peek of what the features of CR-7.0 will be. Please keep this in mind when posting in the thread.

When posting bug reports, do:
    Provide details of additional modifications
    Provide any logs possible

When posting bug reports, do not:
    Leave any of the above out
    Post without reading the whole OP
    Quote the whole OP
    Expect me to address any bug reports
    Tag me in bug reports thinking I'll address them

If you don't follow these simple guidelines, I will probably ignore you.

List of known bugs:
    Coming soon..?

Downloads:
    Official downloads
    Latest test build

Kernel source:
    GitHub

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for the Poco F1, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    adinkwok
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 9.2.11 and above
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-01
    Last Updated 2019-04-09
    Android 10 dropped.

We're cooking.
    On to the next...

Hi all!

I am a bit late to post this news, but I have retired from my role in CarbonROM and will be stepping away from Android open source development as a whole. There are many positive things going on in my life that have me strapped for bandwidth. I try my best to put in as much heart into everything that I do, but unfortunately I can't do that for this project anymore. I have been an active member on XDA for about 7 years now and it is quite crazy to see how far I have come since then; it has been a hell of a ride. Thank you so much for supporting my journey in Android open source development, especially those who know what an s7560m is or remember my original TGM Kernel project. Until next time!

Adin
    New build with the latest Pixel branch (9.0.0_r34) merged.

Fixed some status bar padding and properly implemented IR camera face unlock.

CARBON-CR-7.0-TBA-ADIN76-beryllium-20190311-0345.zip