CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

SonicSpinner

Oct 11, 2008
A brand new carplay box ai is coming on april 15th. with qualcomm processor, much more powerfull
android 9, app split screen, SIm card tray, and much more.

Tasker_Jun

Feb 10, 2021
A brand new carplay box ai is coming on april 15th. with qualcomm processor, much more powerfull
android 9, app split screen, SIm card tray, and much more.
Where did you get this news? I heard about that few days ago. Did you see the video about that? I heard that the seller send the video to someone.

SonicSpinner

Oct 11, 2008
Where did you get this news? I heard about that few days ago. Did you see the video about that? I heard that the seller send the video to someone.
haha, damn the rumors fly fast ;P, they sent the video to me, . they are testing it . out driving with split screen video and navi same time. and also testin apple carplay feature. it looks like they can switch from apple carplay to device android back n forth. really smart.

SonicSpinner

Oct 11, 2008
Features:
1. It has all the functions of Carplay Ai Box and is version 9.0
2.Wired to Wireless Carplay
3.Wireless Android Auto
4.Support SIM
5.Support wireless Mirrorlink
6.GPS
7.App split screen
8. Support TF memory card (maximum extended memory 128G)

Faster, Qualcomm processor

perfektny

• Aug 23, 2008
    Features:
    1. It has all the functions of Carplay Ai Box and is version 9.0
    3.Wireless Android Auto
    4.Support SIM
    5.Support wireless Mirrorlink
    6.GPS
    7.App split screen
    8. Support TF memory card (maximum extended memory 128G)

Faster, Qualcomm processor
    Would you please post the link? Which 'brand' is it?

There is new firmware for our AI boxes:

Megatons72

Apr 15, 2021
    Только что получено 1-е обновление прошивки для электронного ключа Android 9 / RK3399 / PX6 Android Ai.

оно датировано 16 января 2021 года (предыдущее датировано ноябрем 2020 года).

основные изменения, которые я заметил до сих пор:

- Наконец, часть дисплея CarPlay работает со скоростью 30 кадров в секунду / Гц, раньше она работала со скоростью 15 кадров в секунду ... что приводило к прерывистым движениям быстро движущихся объектов (например, движущихся карт)) - теперь это исправлено, и отображение очень плавное.

-Беспроводные ключи CarPlay (USB) теперь работают правильно - до обновления беспроводной CarPlay зависал через 5-10 минут.

однако ... чертов Bluetooth все еще отключен ... USB-адаптер Bluetooth не работает из-за отсутствия стека Bluetooth.

Надеюсь, кто-нибудь найдет эту прошивку удобной и найдет способ получить root-доступ и внедрить стек Bluetooth.

Внимание: устанавливайте на свой страх и риск!

[URL unwurl = "true"] https://we.tl/t-kdI1YaU0KA [/ URL]

Megatons72

Apr 15, 2021
    Hello, members of the forum. I got ai box with android 9, in a metal case. But it does not connect with my 2018 lexus nx car, while the iPhone connects perfectly with carplay. I connected ai box via hdmi to TV and saw that the unit works and The download of Androyd takes 12-15 seconds. Advise what you can do, can someone tell me the password to reset to the factory settings or should I flash it with a new firmware? The seller is silent or writes all sorts of nonsense. I bought it here.
    AL_Mel, please upload the firmware for AI BOX Android 9 again to the file sharing service. I want to reflash. It is impossible to download from the old link

Conan_pg

Dec 4, 2017
    Caratteristiche:
    1. Ha tutte le funzioni di Carplay Ai Box ed è la versione 9.0
    3.Wireless Android Auto
    4.Supporto SIM
    5.Supporto Mirrorlink wireless
    6.GPS
    Schermo diviso 7.App
    8. Supporta la scheda di memoria TF (memoria estesa massima 128G)

Processore Qualcomm più veloce

haha, accidenti le voci volano veloci; P, mi hanno mandato il video ,. lo stanno testando. fuori dalla guida con video a schermo diviso e navi allo stesso tempo. e anche testare la funzione apple carplay. sembra che possa passare da Apple Carplay al dispositivo Android avanti e indietro. davvero intelligente
    Salve, confermo, uscirà mercoledì

UEFA_ICT

Jun 19, 2012
    warsaw
    Yesterday I tested new firmware from KAP TRADER (UROID) - link provided by

perfektny - to my CP600 and it successfully flashed. The same day I came back to car and AI BOX CP600 stucked in bootloop :)

Tomorrow I'll be flashing it with default FW by PhoenixSuit, hopefully it will come back up.

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    please search yourself, I don't have the Android box but the apple wireless
    Dongle box cp-21 with 1gb 8gb
    costs half
    and I flashed the Android firmware to test it, it works the same way
    hi friend..i also flash android firmware and works.but there is no wifi signal for youtube and netflix or google apps. could you use wifi?

perfektny

• Aug 23, 2008
    Yesterday I tested new firmware from KAP TRADER (UROID) - link provided by

perfektny - to my CP600 and it successfully flashed. The same day I came back to car and AI BOX CP600 stucked in bootloop :)

Tomorrow I'll be flashing it with default FW by PhoenixSuit, hopefully it will come back up.
    I hope you get it working. Uroid firmware works fine with my CP-95. I prefer it because box cooperates better with the car radio, it can mix car navigation sound with music from box. Also, box stays playing in the background.

In generally I'm missing car buttons mapper and better phone apk. There is not direct access to the last calls with the steering wheel call button, up-down steering wheel roller does not work at all, and incoming calls do not show names, only numbers. So for me this box is fine only for a joy ride, I have it unplugged during the business days when I need to place and answer calls frequently.

Conan_pg

Dec 4, 2017
    Ciao a tutti, qualcuno esperto può darmi qualche consiglio su questa scatola Android

Grazie
    € 192,44 50% di SCONTO | Per Benz classe S classe SL classe CLA Carplay Ai Box Radio aggiornamento Smart Android Car lettore multimediale TV Box per Apple Carplay
    Incredible this seller after I asked for information he doubled the price, I have never had such a thing before
    € 381,03 50%di SCONTO | Per Benz classe S classe SL classe CLA Carplay Ai Box Radio aggiornamento Smart Android Car lettore multimediale TV Box per Apple Carplay

Reactions: LwannaCM

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    LG G3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
      it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
      1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.
      Factory password for AI BOX (Android9 PX3399) ------ 0789
      Signore e signori. è stata rilasciata la nuova carplay box.
      è una bestia! Holy Moly, Thoae Chinese è andato all in su questa scatola.

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...m=5261.ProductManageOnline.0.0.230a4edfuNY3Ew [/ URL]
      Hi, I have already placed the order and the seller has sent me a voucher of 50 €,
      Hi all

Does anyone have the latest firmware update for the CP-21 dongle?
      I have tried the WJUC1_107_003_Update_MMB_2021012714 file from here https://www.carplaymmb.com/pages/software-updates but it says not a valid update when trying to upgrade
      hXXps://youtu.be/cf38Wb4W2aU
      Try to find it Here, Pass is in the beginning of the Video. The one you downloaded seems to be for the cp600
      Hi I have this version of AI box
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
      https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
      ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
      it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

I have been looking at this as well. I'm going to order one as soon as my wife will let me probably a month or two from now.

To my knowledge nobody else seems to be utilizing car play as a generic display output with touch screen support.

I can't wait to get a hold of one of these and dump the firmware, if we can replicate how they interface, perhaps we can replicate it In software.

Imagine Apple car play as a primary display, as an installable magisk module.
      That would solve the issues of Android crippling secondary displays for DRM. It would also hola many car units to be repurposed closer to their users need. But also help to minimize e-waste and unnecessary wasteful economic activity. Too much hardware goes to landfills because of lack of standardized interfaces for DIY upgrades.

so long as no money is being made it's all good. Intellectual property is an artifact of commerce,
      It has no ethical relevance in non-commercial endeavors
      Do you get the “Video Instructions” ?

I just received AI BOX that real android 9.

I appreciate to you tell us this device. It is indeed faster than android 7 device as you said.

But it can not support car original GPS. I ask to seller it can be support usb gps such as VK172 something.

Also, I can found the new seller
      ₩ 261,209 31%OFF | Carplay AI 박스 자동차 멀티미디어 플레이어 BMW 폭스 바겐 메르세데스 벤츠 아우디 볼보 안드로이드 PX6 시스템 4G 32G 쉬운 연결 mirrolor 링크
      This guy is selling the same device only 250 dollars. OMG.
      No, I still have not received the video.

it seems during the firmware update via USB, CarPlay display does not work so you can’t see any progress or when the firmware upgrade is done.

I connected a PC monitor on the HDMI output port and could see the android update progress. It takes about 3 minutes and then a message pops up on the screen to remove the USB disk with the update file, once you have done that, AI dongle restarts to the CarPlay screen completing the firmware upgrade process.

to summaries connect a HDMI monitor to see the progress...Or wait for 5-10 minutes for upgrade to complete while connected to your car power and then disconnect the USB disk (at your own risk).

And yes this dongle does not pickup car original GPS signal...you need to use the GPS antenna provided with the AI dongle. The android 7 unit does support car original GPS..I guess you can’t have everything.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone