• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
If you like the stock launcher as much as me, i think you already figured a way out get rid of it. If not, here is what i have done:

1. Download Lawnchair 2 from Playstore or any other launcher you like
2. Download Navigation Bar (Wormhole Space) from the Playstore (worked best for me).
3. Start Navigation Bar and set it up (I only set the bar to autohide and made it bigger)
3. Start Lawnchair and in the applauncher to settings (systemsettings)
4. Go to the app section, Lawnchair and set it as default app (launcher).
5. Go to the app section again and look for the Start(blabla). This is the standard launcher. Go and kill it (Be Sure Navigation Bar is working before doing this)

Now you have nearly stock android and got rid of the nasty launcher the is always in the way of something.
I tried a few restarts and it always launching both new apps as standard.

Hope this helps someone

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
If you like the stock launcher as much as me, i think you already figured a way out get rid of it. If not, here is what i have done:

2. Download Navigation Bar (Wormhole Space) from the Playstore (worked best for me).
3. Start Navigation Bar and set it up (I only set the bar to autohide and made it bigger)
5. Go to the app section again and look for the Start(blabla). This is the standard launcher. Go and kill it (Be Sure Navigation Bar is working before doing this)

Now you have nearly stock android and got rid of the nasty launcher the is always in the way of something.

Hope this helps someone
did your wifi retain auto connect capability? is this the small box with android 7? I tried other launcher, but it seems wifi start up is built into the default launcher.

Reactions: SonicSpinner

GingaG

Nov 16, 2008

Hope this helps someone
Seems that Auto wifi connect is built into the Standard launcher also the car intern GPS and steering wheel Control only works with the bulit in launcher. Maybe there are seperate Services for that functions which have to launch manuell if an other launcher comes in. Any solution for it?

DrFraC

Apr 25, 2021
Hello, i'm a possessor of ai box unit android 7 4GB, quite sure a cp600 (have to check) installed on a t-roc 19. I've successfully installed Adw launcher 2 and almost everything works fine: a couple of widget made from kwgt, custom wallpaper ecc. The point is that the system needs to load the default launcher in order to work properly: half of the time if ADW launcher is set as primarly launcher i have sound problem such as no audio or the ability to turn down the volume but not turning it up (with still no audio output) sometimes even wi fi not connecting problems.
So i decide to use a macro in macrodroid app in this order:
- when device on:
- connect to selected wi fi
-open adw launcher
-media button (play spotify)
Of course when i start the device it opens the default launcher then start the macro and everything's fine but even here half of the times macro not starting at all or not working properly.
Finally, my question is "is there a way to make adw launcher works fine as primary launcher without using macrodroid or using macrodroid 100% of the times successfully?

Thanks for your time.

Hurto

May 12, 2019
I tried 3 different what I found at home and all work fine. No need to install any software or driver. These work: Gembird BTD-MINI5, Trust Bluetooth USB 4.0 Adapter , ASUS USB-BT400 . But I think you can try any.

One more thing: you need to access full settings to pair Bluetooth, I installed ADW launcher and there is access to all settings.

ADW launcher would be fine set like default one. But they packed the factory launcher also with phone application, so you need to start both launchers. Then the Home button is launching factory launcher :) so it is better to use only the factory one. This would be solved by custom rom.

View attachment 5191769
Hi
can I know the exact procedure to activate bluetooth with ADW Launcher please?

Tasker_Jun

Feb 10, 2021
A brand new carplay box ai is coming on april 15th. with qualcomm processor, much more powerfull
android 9, app split screen, SIm card tray, and much more.
I just received new ai box with qualcomm processor. I know you are member of 4pdf.ru

I can not join 4pda.ru. So anyone who interested this new box, let me know. I will testing all of curious things. And upload about that. Most of all, the new box can use car original GPS.

Attachments

• 20210428_113552.jpg
    20210428_113552.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 20210428_113555.jpg
    20210428_113555.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 108
  • 20210428_113756.jpg
    20210428_113756.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 108

perfektny

Aug 23, 2008
I just received new ai box with qualcomm processor. I know you are member of 4pdf.ru

I can not join 4pda.ru. So anyone who interested this new box, let me know. I will testing all of curious things. And upload about that. Most of all, the new box can use car original GPS.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?

Tasker_Jun

Feb 10, 2021
It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-181341_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428-181341_AliExpress.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

perfektny

Aug 23, 2008

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I found slightly different version of this box with far better and clear description. It looks like they are producers or at least software developers. Or who knows :)

I got answer from them about dimensions - the box size is 110mm*90mm*20mm.

FB group with lot of test videos: https://www.facebook.com/NAVLYNX.Lane.Hu

Last edited:

SonicSpinner

Oct 11, 2008

hey buddy. thanx alot for the info. i allreayd ordered mine also. looking very much forward to get it.
im glad it uses the cars own mic signal. also it looks much more powerfull. i was gettign tired of the sloppy cp600 4/32. and most when gettung calls on my phone, man the quality was bad and distorted.

also great with dual bluetooth for obd and other devices.

sentencedbr

Nov 9, 2009
Sao Paulo
new firmware is out for the cp600. and probably also working for the other CP.
this is dated march 10. 2021. I just upgraded with successfull through the usb disk,.

PC new firmware download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AlJ5FpCTPq47nx24q8DxJismK57x1GkW?usp=sharing
PC upgrade guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18g2pfcfAf1hbolVbU_LvSuVSkAAakvLN/view?usp=sharing
U disk upgrade, new firmware download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g2OdwMFsAWfafs3lPJ0DS2KoHyQ4Avxb/view?usp=sharing
U Disk Upgrade Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGIjGMjcnrxkPGqmLqx4PQaIDtU6WvfS/view?usp=sharing
System version number: 20210310

Hey man, could you upload the PC firmware and PC upgrade guide again? I'm getting 404 error.

Today I received my Cp-600 and I can't connect it to my car.
When it seems to start it reboots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tell him it is clearly fake os. Demand a refund and purchase from joyeauto directly if needed. Just my opinion sir. or ask at least for some partial refund if you keep the box.
    @Andason74 , without your help and guidance I would have been left with a device that didn't meet my requirements. I have managed to get the seller to agree to a full refund once I return the item back to him.
    I am truly grateful for your support, you're an asset to this forum!
    Thank you.
    Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
    2. Open app and make /system/app writable
    3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
    4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
    5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
    6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
    7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
    Mine is not supports? Cp600
    Read carefully. CP600P with Android 9 and no you can't Update your CP600, yet.
    I am trying to run an app called OBDeleven, that pairs with a dongle that is connected via odb2 port in my car.

I've downloaded every app launcher and BT settings app in the play store. They either crash or turn BT on for a second, then it goes right back off again. I must have a faulty box...
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.