CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

golffather

May 11, 2021
hXXps://youtu.be/cf38Wb4W2aU
Try to find it Here, Pass is in the beginning of the Video. The one you downloaded seems to be for the cp600

Just to update, finally got this dongle upgraded. You cannot apply the latest upgrade on its own for the CP21 otherwise it hangs whilst installing the firmware.

You must apply all the updates one by one in date sequence for this to work.

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Just to update, finally got this dongle upgraded. You cannot apply the latest upgrade on its own for the CP21 otherwise it hangs whilst installing the firmware.

You must apply all the updates one by one in date sequence for this to work.

And probably wish for future updates for these devices as Google and Apple release updates.

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    Greetings to everyone, friends. After long research I bought a carplay for mmb cp-21 model. I have loaded and run a wide variety of roms in my vehicle during my research and trials. (cp-600 and ai box roms could be loaded, but the wifi driver did not work, so I could not get efficiency) I wonder if there is a rom for cp-21 or cp-31 with integrated applications for the original rom only youtube, internet browser and android market? or how can we do it? Thanks.

Last edited:

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    Hello friends again. I've been dealing with it for 2 days, but I couldn't port youtube, google play store and chorome applications to the original rom of the joyauto mmb carplay box + (I think cp-21) player. I wonder if someone can find a way to include them in the novel I linked below? Thanks.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    LG G3
    Hello friends again. I've been dealing with it for 2 days, but I couldn't port youtube, google play store and chorome applications to the original rom of the joyauto mmb carplay box + (I think cp-21) player. I wonder if someone can find a way to include them in the novel I linked below? Thanks.

You could include them in the package, but you have sign it again. I won't fiddle with that, If i were you. Just sideload the Apps from apkmirror or/and Install an alternative Store. For Play Store you also need the Framework, but there are plenty of Guides Here on XDA, how to get it Work.

Reactions: zacman

mjb413

Aug 22, 2010
    South Carolina
    Not new to android but new to this box. I got one for my car and it seems to be stuck in a boot loop. The animation comes across for about a second then fades away. I tried to hold the reset and now the light is just purple. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance

herodesthebig

Mar 4, 2010
    Hi, thanks for the upgrade file

i already follow the instructions but stuck in ”the System will be restarted”

I tried to remove the SD card after complete the copying process with no luck

any advice?

thanks in advance!

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    You could include them in the package, but you have sign it again. I won't fiddle with that, If i were you. Just sideload the Apps from apkmirror or/and Install an alternative Store. For Play Store you also need the Framework, but there are plenty of Guides Here on XDA, how to get it Work.
    First of all, thanks to your attention .. but there is no application installation section in my carplay box. So there is no playstore application. However, when I install cp-600 or ai box rom, these applications occur, but the internet does not work because the wifi driver is not compatible. Therefore, if I can place 3-4 applications (youtube, chrome and google playstore etc.) into the running rom, the whole problem will disappear.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    LG G3
    Hi, thanks for the upgrade file

i already follow the instructions but stuck in ”the System will be restarted”

I tried to remove the SD card after complete the copying process with no luck

any advice?

thanks in advance!
    Hope you got it working!? Did a Manual restart fix the Problem?
    I got a new Firmware Image from the Developer, cause i still have audio Problems with this one, i will Test it myself and Post it later today.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    LG G3
    First of all, thanks to your attention .. but there is no application installation section in my carplay box. So there is no playstore application. However, when I install cp-600 or ai box rom, these applications occur, but the internet does not work because the wifi driver is not compatible. Therefore, if I can place 3-4 applications (youtube, chrome and google playstore etc.) into the running rom, the whole problem will disappear.
    Don't you have some Kind of File Browser installed, so you can Install apk's?

Reactions: zacman

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    Don't you have some Kind of File Browser installed, so you can Install apk's?
    yes, i have file browser (but i can't try install app. i will try), only udisk video player, wifi and bt function, mirror screen and carplay..this is simple apps. for 1gb ram and 16 gb.rom..but i found a rom for cp-91 or an other box in old posts..and now i can use youtube, netflix and wifi without no problem..lastly i will try loading chrome and google playstore with app...

golffather

May 11, 2021
    yes, i have file browser (but i can't try install app. i will try), only udisk video player, wifi and bt function, mirror screen and carplay..this is simple apps. for 1gb ram and 16 gb.rom..but i found a rom for cp-91 or an other box in old posts..and now i can use youtube, netflix and wifi without no problem..lastly i will try loading chrome and google playstore with app...
    Hi Zacman

I have the same CP-21 box
    How did you load the rom onto the box which has the new apps for Youtube, netflix etc?
    Is it using Upgrade_pkg.zip in root of USB drive?

Or did you flash it some other way?

Do you have some screenshots of how your CP-21 Screen now looks like and you still have access to Carplay?
    Thanks

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
    Hi Zacman

I have the same CP-21 box
    How did you load the rom onto the box which has the new apps for Youtube, netflix etc?
    Is it using Upgrade_pkg.zip in root of USB drive?

Or did you flash it some other way?

Do you have some screenshots of how your CP-21 Screen now looks like and you still have access to Carplay?
    Thanks
    Hello my friend. The rom I linked above worked on my device. It came with youtube and netflix on the rom. I just installed chrome with the file manager. When I said everything happened, I saw that the wifi working without a problem in the first installation is now not working and when the wifi is turned on, I get an error like "searching hard". I mean, as you can understand, it is more logical to install applications on the original rum, but I could not figure it out and I'm still searching..
    tried rom link:
    https://03e41727-9992-4bef-befb-74b...c148f4ab1b6774d2c7a12d.zip?dn=upgrade_pkg.zip

herodesthebig

Mar 4, 2010
    Hope you got it working!? Did a Manual restart fix the Problem?
    I got a new Firmware Image from the Developer, cause i still have audio Problems with this one, i will Test it myself and Post it later today.
    Hi:

After 3 restarts, it began to make the upgrade

Problems apparently solved:

already Updated apps via Google Apps don't need to be upgraded each time the Apple Pie box starts

not solved:

OEM GPS from a Porsche Cayenne doesn't work

suggestions:

Phone App is really disturbing, maybe a floating window during Navigation ...

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    LG G3
    Hi:

After 3 restarts, it began to make the upgrade

Problems apparently solved:

already Updated apps via Google Apps don't need to be upgraded each time the Apple Pie box starts

not solved:

OEM GPS from a Porsche Cayenne doesn't work

suggestions:

Phone App is really disturbing, maybe a floating window during Navigation ...
    I am in contact with the devolper and i will let him know. Seems to me the device was thrown on the market to soon, cause it has lot of bugs. The updating of the apps was my problem too, but after a 3rd restart, i didn´t try to update again. all apps that fail during this preinstall will proably trigger a reinstall on the next restart. Did you have the audio problems too? Now and then extrem stuttering of audio playback in every app and also over bluetooth.

Top Liked Posts