• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

golffather

May 11, 2021
hXXps://youtu.be/cf38Wb4W2aU
Try to find it Here, Pass is in the beginning of the Video. The one you downloaded seems to be for the cp600

Just to update, finally got this dongle upgraded. You cannot apply the latest upgrade on its own for the CP21 otherwise it hangs whilst installing the firmware.

You must apply all the updates one by one in date sequence for this to work.

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
Greetings to everyone, friends. After long research I bought a carplay for mmb cp-21 model. I have loaded and run a wide variety of roms in my vehicle during my research and trials. (cp-600 and ai box roms could be loaded, but the wifi driver did not work, so I could not get efficiency) I wonder if there is a rom for cp-21 or cp-31 with integrated applications for the original rom only youtube, internet browser and android market? or how can we do it? Thanks.

Last edited:

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
Hello friends again. I've been dealing with it for 2 days, but I couldn't port youtube, google play store and chorome applications to the original rom of the joyauto mmb carplay box + (I think cp-21) player. I wonder if someone can find a way to include them in the novel I linked below? Thanks.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hello friends again. I've been dealing with it for 2 days, but I couldn't port youtube, google play store and chorome applications to the original rom of the joyauto mmb carplay box + (I think cp-21) player. I wonder if someone can find a way to include them in the novel I linked below? Thanks.

You could include them in the package, but you have sign it again. I won't fiddle with that, If i were you. Just sideload the Apps from apkmirror or/and Install an alternative Store. For Play Store you also need the Framework, but there are plenty of Guides Here on XDA, how to get it Work.

Reactions: zacman

mjb413

Aug 22, 2010
South Carolina
Not new to android but new to this box. I got one for my car and it seems to be stuck in a boot loop. The animation comes across for about a second then fades away. I tried to hold the reset and now the light is just purple. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance

herodesthebig

Mar 4, 2010
Hi, thanks for the upgrade file

i already follow the instructions but stuck in ”the System will be restarted”

I tried to remove the SD card after complete the copying process with no luck

any advice?

thanks in advance!

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
You could include them in the package, but you have sign it again. I won't fiddle with that, If i were you. Just sideload the Apps from apkmirror or/and Install an alternative Store. For Play Store you also need the Framework, but there are plenty of Guides Here on XDA, how to get it Work.
First of all, thanks to your attention .. but there is no application installation section in my carplay box. So there is no playstore application. However, when I install cp-600 or ai box rom, these applications occur, but the internet does not work because the wifi driver is not compatible. Therefore, if I can place 3-4 applications (youtube, chrome and google playstore etc.) into the running rom, the whole problem will disappear.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi, thanks for the upgrade file

i already follow the instructions but stuck in ”the System will be restarted”

I tried to remove the SD card after complete the copying process with no luck

any advice?

thanks in advance!
Hope you got it working!? Did a Manual restart fix the Problem?
I got a new Firmware Image from the Developer, cause i still have audio Problems with this one, i will Test it myself and Post it later today.

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
First of all, thanks to your attention .. but there is no application installation section in my carplay box. So there is no playstore application. However, when I install cp-600 or ai box rom, these applications occur, but the internet does not work because the wifi driver is not compatible. Therefore, if I can place 3-4 applications (youtube, chrome and google playstore etc.) into the running rom, the whole problem will disappear.
Don't you have some Kind of File Browser installed, so you can Install apk's?

Reactions: zacman

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
Don't you have some Kind of File Browser installed, so you can Install apk's?
yes, i have file browser (but i can't try install app. i will try), only udisk video player, wifi and bt function, mirror screen and carplay..this is simple apps. for 1gb ram and 16 gb.rom..but i found a rom for cp-91 or an other box in old posts..and now i can use youtube, netflix and wifi without no problem..lastly i will try loading chrome and google playstore with app...

golffather

May 11, 2021
yes, i have file browser (but i can't try install app. i will try), only udisk video player, wifi and bt function, mirror screen and carplay..this is simple apps. for 1gb ram and 16 gb.rom..but i found a rom for cp-91 or an other box in old posts..and now i can use youtube, netflix and wifi without no problem..lastly i will try loading chrome and google playstore with app...
Hi Zacman

I have the same CP-21 box
How did you load the rom onto the box which has the new apps for Youtube, netflix etc?
Is it using Upgrade_pkg.zip in root of USB drive?

Or did you flash it some other way?

Do you have some screenshots of how your CP-21 Screen now looks like and you still have access to Carplay?
Thanks

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
Hi Zacman

I have the same CP-21 box
How did you load the rom onto the box which has the new apps for Youtube, netflix etc?
Is it using Upgrade_pkg.zip in root of USB drive?

Or did you flash it some other way?

Do you have some screenshots of how your CP-21 Screen now looks like and you still have access to Carplay?
Thanks
Hello my friend. The rom I linked above worked on my device. It came with youtube and netflix on the rom. I just installed chrome with the file manager. When I said everything happened, I saw that the wifi working without a problem in the first installation is now not working and when the wifi is turned on, I get an error like "searching hard". I mean, as you can understand, it is more logical to install applications on the original rum, but I could not figure it out and I'm still searching..
tried rom link:
https://03e41727-9992-4bef-befb-74b...c148f4ab1b6774d2c7a12d.zip?dn=upgrade_pkg.zip

herodesthebig

Mar 4, 2010
Hope you got it working!? Did a Manual restart fix the Problem?
I got a new Firmware Image from the Developer, cause i still have audio Problems with this one, i will Test it myself and Post it later today.
Hi:

After 3 restarts, it began to make the upgrade

Problems apparently solved:

already Updated apps via Google Apps don't need to be upgraded each time the Apple Pie box starts

not solved:

OEM GPS from a Porsche Cayenne doesn't work

suggestions:

Phone App is really disturbing, maybe a floating window during Navigation ...

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi:

After 3 restarts, it began to make the upgrade

Problems apparently solved:

already Updated apps via Google Apps don't need to be upgraded each time the Apple Pie box starts

not solved:

OEM GPS from a Porsche Cayenne doesn't work

suggestions:

Phone App is really disturbing, maybe a floating window during Navigation ...
I am in contact with the devolper and i will let him know. Seems to me the device was thrown on the market to soon, cause it has lot of bugs. The updating of the apps was my problem too, but after a 3rd restart, i didn´t try to update again. all apps that fail during this preinstall will proably trigger a reinstall on the next restart. Did you have the audio problems too? Now and then extrem stuttering of audio playback in every app and also over bluetooth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
    2. Open app and make /system/app writable
    3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
    4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
    5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
    6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
    7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
    I am trying to run an app called OBDeleven, that pairs with a dongle that is connected via odb2 port in my car.

I've downloaded every app launcher and BT settings app in the play store. They either crash or turn BT on for a second, then it goes right back off again. I must have a faulty box...
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.