• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hello my friend. The rom I linked above worked on my device. It came with youtube and netflix on the rom. I just installed chrome with the file manager. When I said everything happened, I saw that the wifi working without a problem in the first installation is now not working and when the wifi is turned on, I get an error like "searching hard". I mean, as you can understand, it is more logical to install applications on the original rum, but I could not figure it out and I'm still searching..
tried rom link:
https://03e41727-9992-4bef-befb-74b...c148f4ab1b6774d2c7a12d.zip?dn=upgrade_pkg.zip
Did you use an alternative launcher? With every custom launcher i know, my Wifi and GPS does not work, cause it is build in the standardlauncher.

zacman

Mar 14, 2010
lastly, i couldn't solve my problem and i couldn't port any file manager to stock rom.. so i really need help for this problem and need someone to help for porting any file manager to stock rom...stable and last stock rom for my device is below...i want someone help for only port in a file manager..that's it my friends...

Last edited:

herodesthebig

Mar 4, 2010
I am in contact with the devolper and i will let him know. Seems to me the device was thrown on the market to soon, cause it has lot of bugs. The updating of the apps was my problem too, but after a 3rd restart, i didn´t try to update again. all apps that fail during this preinstall will proably trigger a reinstall on the next restart. Did you have the audio problems too? Now and then extrem stuttering of audio playback in every app and also over bluetooth.
I´m not experiencing problems wit BT, also the audio quality is better than my previous AI BOX (4Gb+32Gb)

waiting for a new update.... so fool of me...

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I´m not experiencing problems wit BT, also the audio quality is better than my previous AI BOX (4Gb+32Gb)

waiting for a new update.... so fool of me...
As you can see Mine begins to Drops audio frames after around 3minutes in every App and even over bluetooth which at least there i could understand

Attachments

• 4_5828158972997142833(1).mp4
    29.3 MB · Views: 0

krburrell

Jul 27, 2014
As you can see Mine begins to Drops audio frames after around 3minutes in every App and even over bluetooth which at least there i could understand

LwannaCM, thanks for posting the updated Applepie firmware. I have the same problem with audio drops but its more random. I like everything else about this box but these audio drops are driving me crazy. My main purpose for using the box is for listening to music. I wish I was a developer so I could pick my own hardware and create the interface myself.

Someone tell me why we can't take the android carplay interface and apply it to some other hardware?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
LwannaCM, thanks for posting the updated Applepie firmware. I have the same problem with audio drops but its more random. I like everything else about this box but these audio drops are driving me crazy. My main purpose for using the box is for listening to music. I wish I was a developer so I could pick my own hardware and create the interface myself.

Someone tell me why we can't take the android carplay interface and apply it to some other hardware?
Its random too for me, the audio Probs start around 3 Minutes and stay for a while and then come and Go. It's also driving me nuts, cause i bought it for the Same purpose. Navigation and Audio was my Focus. If Android Auto was more Open to functions, i wouldnt have considered buying this Box. I have the old cp600 too, but this Box is slow as hell and has poor Sound quality. For instance the most disturbing Things in Android Auto are that i only can skip Tracks, but cannot search and that google Maps wasts a ridicolous amount of Screen real estate for the wrong functions. Don't bother wasting your time in Finding a solution for the audio Playback issues. I have tried Everthing. Please contact the reseller and let them give you the WhatsApp number of the engineer. Only He can fix that. It mostly related to poor CPU/ memory Management which can only bei fixed by the Developer or via root Access and fiddeling with a CPU govenour. I also Don't Like this floating Button, cause it Always in the way of Something and i have to Look for it, after i moved it, which distracts me while im driving. Much better would have gestures or a nav bar with Autohide function. This is also not possible, cause this Apps use the accessibilty service, which is blocked or resetet by the Developer.
I Hope someone can Reverse engineer the carplay usage in Android to use it on a normal Phone. I mean Not this mirroring crap, i don't want to burn in the Screen of my Phone. That would have saved ne from buying These overpriced boxes, cause every cheap Smartphones would proably have better Hardware than These boxes. I also tried to use and old phone with root and aamirror and so on. But that's all not working properly to my needs. If didn't have to rely on the head unit for some functions of my Car, i would have replaced that with an Android one.

Last edited:

brbi

Oct 14, 2011
Same audio issue here. Among other things, I can't activate the mirroring function and Android auto wireless in any way. I'm in contact with the developer. He seems willing to fix everything in future firmware releases.

Tasker_Jun

Feb 10, 2021
dont you mean qualcomm?

Here ist the latest updatefile 10-05-2021 for the new ApplePie Box with the snapdragon:

https://mega.nz/file/pSoBFQxQ#0BqHAYMrgKphNwJgVQCU7bngDKmrRsjhQEhyC0yiQ-w

Sound stuttering is a lot better, but not completely fixed!

View attachment 5306317
What is the major difference thing with this new firmware? I am still old firmware ver. But I don't have any problem on sound. I saw your video uploaded few hours ago.

Here is my running video

Last edited:

Conan_pg

Dec 4, 2017
Qual è la differenza principale con questo nuovo firmware? Sono ancora vecchio firmware ver. Ma non ho alcun problema con il suono. Ho visto il tuo video caricato poche ore fa.

Ecco il mio video in esecuzione
[MEDIA = youtube] L90KQS7V56M [/ MEDIA]
Ciao, c'è la possibilità di collegare la scatola con

PC per configurare app al di fuori di carplay.

Perché alcune app passano direttamente alla modalità automatica

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I created a new thread especially to collect firmwares:

Reactions: zacman

majonic

May 19, 2021
new firmware is out for the cp600. and probably also working for the other CP.
this is dated march 10. 2021. I just upgraded with successfull through the usb disk,.

PC new firmware download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AlJ5FpCTPq47nx24q8DxJismK57x1GkW?usp=sharing
PC upgrade guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18g2pfcfAf1hbolVbU_LvSuVSkAAakvLN/view?usp=sharing
U disk upgrade, new firmware download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g2OdwMFsAWfafs3lPJ0DS2KoHyQ4Avxb/view?usp=sharing
U Disk Upgrade Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGIjGMjcnrxkPGqmLqx4PQaIDtU6WvfS/view?usp=sharing
System version number: 20210310

Release Notes:

1. Add Turkish

2.Optimize google login

3.21 Audi models support

4. Nissan car-machine connection support

5. Optimize the display number of Bluetooth phones in third-party applications

6. Porsche 21 taycan connection support

7. Skoda 21 connection support

Do not unzip Save directly to your USB flash drive Keep the file at the beginning, do not unzip Note: Do not update when the car is turned off, otherwise it will easily fail and the system will crash.
Please keep starting the car and wait for 2-3 minutes to update
1. Choose a clean U disk (there are no files, blank U disk)
2. Put the file into the root directory of the U disk, then insert the USB interface of the startup box, and wait for the prompt screen to appear, choose to upgrade now
3. If the box is red and flashing, it means you have entered the upgrade mode and wait patiently for the upgrade to be completed later. Do not turn off the power during this process!
4. Until the box flashes green, it means the upgrade is successful, about 2-3 minutes, the upgrade is complete!
5. Please keep the power on during the upgrade process
Where did you get this update? it is the only firmware that lets me update and install stock apps from google play, like netflix, disney+

Dec 25, 2012
Canada

Attachments

• 20210525_115448[1].jpg
    20210525_115448[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 64

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
    2. Open app and make /system/app writable
    3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
    4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
    5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
    6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
    7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
    „Need screen mirroring and CarPlay wireless in one device” read carefully

Guys I think there is a misunderstanding here.

The Car's Headunit has to support CarPlay and/or AndroidAuto, so that the CP-600 or such boxes can be connected and used. So, the CP-600 uses the Apple CarPlay protocol to operate on the Car's Headunit screen, GPS and audio / video / UI controls.

What xprox3000 is obviously wants is that the CP-600 itself again offers a CarPlay wireless interface to connect his iPhone to the CP-600 - which is not provided by such boxes.

Again, it's just a misunderstanding about what those CarPlay Boxes can do and what not
    tell him it is clearly fake os. Demand a refund and purchase from joyeauto directly if needed. Just my opinion sir. or ask at least for some partial refund if you keep the box.
    @Andason74 , without your help and guidance I would have been left with a device that didn't meet my requirements. I have managed to get the seller to agree to a full refund once I return the item back to him.
    I am truly grateful for your support, you're an asset to this forum!
    Thank you.
    can root the CP600P box?
    Yes, but noone has done it yet, the boot.img inside the Update.zip must ne patched with magisk and Afterwards the Update.zip must be resigned.
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.