• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

MrHappyChappy

Jul 1, 2021
cp600 so far only supports android 7 and no wireless carplay. Even with android 9 it may not support wireless as cp600p has 5ghz wifi support. cp600 is only 2.4ghz. The wifi support may not be good enough for wireless.
Is there an easy way of checking which WiFi chip is in the system please? I still can't work out which system I have and I guess this will tell me.

MrHappyChappy

Jul 1, 2021
An easy way is ti see if you can see any 5ghz wifi spots.

Or is your usb-c centered or off centered on the box?
Thanks for the guidance, here's what I did, I changed the hotspot setting on my phone to use 5ghz and the box didn't list the hotspot, as soon as I switched it to 2.4ghz, it's visible.

I also took this picture of the USB-C part of the box which looks off centre to me...
20210702_150320.jpg

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
Thanks for the guidance, here's what I did, I changed the hotspot setting on my phone to use 5ghz and the box didn't list the hotspot, as soon as I switched it to 2.4ghz, it's visible.

I also took this picture of the USB-C part of the box which looks off centre to me...View attachment 5352943
From what I have seen, the ones with off-centered usb-c are only 2.4ghz capable. And, as you mentioned, your testing seems to indicate the same. It is possible this box is not android 9 either. Download any app from playstore which is benchmark tester and it should tell you if android 9 (along with your mentioning that split screen button is not available) and it should also tell you the wifi capability.

I think the box you have is fake android 9.

Last edited:

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015

I also took this picture of the USB-C part of the box which looks off centre to me...View attachment 5352943
Also, i notice your os version shows 202103 i think. Which is March. I think first android 9 version will be June.

MrHappyChappy

Jul 1, 2021
Also, i notice your os version shows 202103 i think. Which is March. I think first android 9 version will be June.
I'm lost for words.
Even though I've provided the screenshot capture to the seller he says that he's never had a problem with these devices and it fully genuine and matches the description provided by his supplier!

I've explained the OS version release date, the WiFi capability, the missing splitscreen button, off centered USB-C but I'm being met with resistance.
20210702_171708.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Andason74

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
I'm lost for words.
Even though I've provided the screenshot capture to the seller he says that he's never had a problem with these devices and it fully genuine and matches the description provided by his supplier!

I've explained the OS version release date, the WiFi capability, the missing splitscreen button, off centered USB-C but I'm being met with resistance.
View attachment 5353073
tell him it is clearly fake os. Demand a refund and purchase from joyeauto directly if needed. Just my opinion sir. or ask at least for some partial refund if you keep the box.

Last edited:

MrHappyChappy

Jul 1, 2021
tell him it is clearly fake os. Demand a refund and purchase from joyeauto directly if needed. Just my opinion sir. or ask at least for some partial refund if you keep the box.
@Andason74 , without your help and guidance I would have been left with a device that didn't meet my requirements. I have managed to get the seller to agree to a full refund once I return the item back to him.
I am truly grateful for your support, you're an asset to this forum!
Thank you.

TheVisitorXX

Oct 19, 2020
Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
2. Open app and make /system/app writable
3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..

yuri76

Jun 8, 2011
milano
Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
2. Open app and make /system/app writable
3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
how can have root on CP600P?

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
I have the Allwinner Chipset based Android 9 AI Box (CP600P 4/32) and I can’t get Bluetooth to work at all. I have a 2020 Audi RSQ8 that already has wireless CarPlay. I purchased the box for screen mirroring my phone, and that works fine. The Bluetooth won’t work, I’ve updated to 2021-06-28 firmware and still no blue tooth. I’ve installed launcher apps and tried a Plugable USB BT 4.0 dongle and that doesn’t work either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. DAP

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
I have the Allwinner Chipset based Android 9 AI Box (CP600P 4/32) and I can’t get Bluetooth to work at all. I have a 2020 Audi RSQ8 that already has wireless CarPlay. I purchased the box for screen mirroring my phone, and that works fine. The Bluetooth won’t work, I’ve updated to 2021-06-28 firmware and still no blue tooth. I’ve installed launcher apps and tried a Plugable USB BT 4.0 dongle and that doesn’t work either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. DAP
what device are you trying to connect to?
also try going to android settings and look for bluetooth settings to set up pairing.
You can do this sometimes by asking google assistant to open settings.

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
I am trying to run an app called OBDeleven, that pairs with a dongle that is connected via odb2 port in my car.

I've downloaded every app launcher and BT settings app in the play store. They either crash or turn BT on for a second, then it goes right back off again. I must have a faulty box...

Reactions: Andason74

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
I am trying to run an app called OBDeleven, that pairs with a dongle that is connected via odb2 port in my car.

I've downloaded every app launcher and BT settings app in the play store. They either crash or turn BT on for a second, then it goes right back off again. I must have a faulty box...
but you also go to main android settings for bluetooth? Ask google assistant app to "open settings".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    I have been looking at this as well. I'm going to order one as soon as my wife will let me probably a month or two from now.

To my knowledge nobody else seems to be utilizing car play as a generic display output with touch screen support.

I can't wait to get a hold of one of these and dump the firmware, if we can replicate how they interface, perhaps we can replicate it In software.

Imagine Apple car play as a primary display, as an installable magisk module.
    That would solve the issues of Android crippling secondary displays for DRM. It would also hola many car units to be repurposed closer to their users need. But also help to minimize e-waste and unnecessary wasteful economic activity. Too much hardware goes to landfills because of lack of standardized interfaces for DIY upgrades.

so long as no money is being made it's all good. Intellectual property is an artifact of commerce,
    It has no ethical relevance in non-commercial endeavors
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.