CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

supermiki73

Mar 31, 2010

or

You have to push the reset button while pluging in your device to your pc. it´s between the venting holes. Just push it gently, it´s fragile!
There is a service called google :)
Awesome ... thanks for helping me.

I'm so sorry. I've tried to find on google but i had no idea where to start ...

Loop2002_kuo

Nov 17, 2021
Wifi sharing can't catch GPS signal in the house, but 4G signal is good

GPS positioning of this thing is very inconvenient

nyunyu

Jul 25, 2008
www.astronyu.com
Hi guys, I know a lot of you still using Carplay AI Boxes.
Anyone can suggest a good model? Want to get one but don't want to stuck with a fake. ... or is Joyeauto MMB ireliable enough to lasts? (I am not sure which other models to get other than Joyeauto)

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I have a question: why do you have to choose which car brand you have when you buy one of these Carplay AI boxes?

Are you all statisfied with your boxes?

iOMGNeon

Dec 9, 2021
I require some assistance with the 3rd edition of MMB from JoyeAuto running android 11. Please read my post.

Zorba68

Dec 20, 2021
Hello, friend.
Did you find the solution for bricked box? I have the same issue as you, I tried to root with update.zip file and the box bricked with no response, even no signal lamp. I'm looking for the solution but I can't find anything. If you have the solution, please help me. I post this issue because I cannot reply to your posting at 20 Oct. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

EC1

Dec 24, 2021
Hello
I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross factory CarPlay and want to get a Wireless dongle for my car.
Can any one tell me which device will work with my car. I very much appreciate any help.
Would MMB Wireless CarPlay Adapter Plus or MMB Android Multimedia Video Box work. Thank you.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hello
I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross factory CarPlay and want to get a Wireless dongle for my car.
Can any one tell me which device will work with my car. I very much appreciate any help.
Would MMB Wireless CarPlay Adapter Plus or MMB Android Multimedia Video Box work. Thank you.

Don't, you will be in a world of pain

Greg P

Dec 27, 2021
Hello

I have been using T-box and have been very satisfied how it works. Picks up my phone when I am in proximity of the car with no issues. I use Apple Music, Pandora, Waze, Google Maps and music stored on my phone. Siri will play anything I request from any of the sources by pressing the stalk button. It will also obtain Nav directions by doing the same. Phone is either in my pocket or in the door pocket with my wallet. Grab both when I leave the car. To play it safe, their official site is going to be the best way to make sure you get the latest model.

Edit: Added a link to the T-box I bought down below.

fcaronte

Nov 4, 2011
Hi all, do you know if is possible to install a firmware on an android TV box to make an carplay TV box? I think is only firmware different or needed something other? I have a "mxq pro 4k" taking dust and would to know if can be used in my car with apple Carplay\android auto. Android auto have a lot o limitations

y0bailey

Nov 20, 2012
I have a new CPC200-Tbox that is up and running and overall I'm loving it.

Waiting on my free Google Fi data only SIM card so for now I've just been tying in off my phone's hot spot.

I'm having a few issues here and there that I'm curious if anyone has run into.

#1) I can't get my Contacts to sync. It just asks me to log in, then when I use my google account it says I'm already logged in. I have cleared data/cache, messed with GOOGLE settings to Sync Contacts, nothing has helped. Going to probably remove my google account entirely and log back in, but just want to see if this is a bug that isn't fixed yet and I shouldn't waste my time troubleshooting further.

#2) basically anything that is reliant on google syncing (text messages, contacts, etc.) doesn't sync. The only thing it shows is "People details"...whatever that is.

Any thoughts?

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
I have a new CPC200-Tbox that is up and running and overall I'm loving it.

Waiting on my free Google Fi data only SIM card so for now I've just been tying in off my phone's hot spot.

I'm having a few issues here and there that I'm curious if anyone has run into.

#1) I can't get my Contacts to sync. It just asks me to log in, then when I use my google account it says I'm already logged in. I have cleared data/cache, messed with GOOGLE settings to Sync Contacts, nothing has helped. Going to probably remove my google account entirely and log back in, but just want to see if this is a bug that isn't fixed yet and I shouldn't waste my time troubleshooting further.

#2) basically anything that is reliant on google syncing (text messages, contacts, etc.) doesn't sync. The only thing it shows is "People details"...whatever that is.

Any thoughts?
as you mention. remove google account and let the account set up be triggered by google contacts app.

David STOO

Feb 22, 2022
Hi all!

I looked on the forums here and couldn't find anything about it... have you seen this CarPlay AI Box thing?

Seems like similar hardware as the Android headunits but on a dongle and then you connect it through USB and it streams via CarPlay. I think it's interesting for folks like me with a traditional headunit with Android Auto/CarPlay to have full access to Android.

Does anyone knows about it? I guess we could have the same options as the headunits such as custom firmwares or maybe figuring out what software does that CarPlay integration and use it from an Android phone - getting full Android access...

A link of it from AliExpress:
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001490150523.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.2aee65942IPTWW&browser_id=260518d6db424cf3acf5e83f3a053e61&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=0011761b670f35100717ce71878704bb11fda54831&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hcb2ca91e5aa84937bf1b8eb274cfe0e0f.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Thanks!
Hello, I'm considering these two, what's the difference with this one with 130USD? If possible, share a video of the installation? https://www.xyingly.com/products/qu...ta-volvo-wireless-connection?VariantsId=12154

Vansibel

Jan 23, 2015
Hi everyone, I recently purchased the MMB Android 11 Carplay Ai Box and everything seems to be working fine but there is one feature that seems to be missing: adding a bluetooth device like a mouse of keyboard. I can pair a phone with bluetooth without issues but the android factory bluetooth menu seems to be missing in order to add other devices like a bluetooth mouse for example. I can bring the menu by force with google assistant by typing "settings" but as soon as I click the bluetooth icon it close and bring me back to the launcher. I really need this feature but it seems like it was removed from the device android built. Is there a way I can activate it for example through "Engineering mode" ? Is there anyone that knows this code to access this menu ? Thank you for your help

Attachments

• mmb11.jpg
    mmb11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63

Andason74

Dec 24, 2015
Hi everyone, I recently purchased the MMB Android 11 Carplay Ai Box and everything seems to be working fine but there is one feature that seems to be missing: adding a bluetooth device like a mouse of keyboard. I can pair a phone with bluetooth without issues but the android factory bluetooth menu seems to be missing in order to add other devices like a bluetooth mouse for example. I can bring the menu by force with google assistant by typing "settings" but as soon as I click the bluetooth icon it close and bring me back to the launcher. I really need this feature but it seems like it was removed from the device android built. Is there a way I can activate it for example through "Engineering mode" ? Is there anyone that knows this code to access this menu ? Thank you for your help
Normally, the android 9+ units with only 1 bluetooth can not connect with other bt accessories except phone.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've skimmed through the thread but I'm guessing there is no way to port this to a phone with better specs? I'm using the bingo+ box and really like it with the SIM card. I barely use Android auto since I put the SIM in. I was just looking for a bit better performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    I have been looking at this as well. I'm going to order one as soon as my wife will let me probably a month or two from now.

To my knowledge nobody else seems to be utilizing car play as a generic display output with touch screen support.

I can't wait to get a hold of one of these and dump the firmware, if we can replicate how they interface, perhaps we can replicate it In software.

Imagine Apple car play as a primary display, as an installable magisk module.
    That would solve the issues of Android crippling secondary displays for DRM. It would also hola many car units to be repurposed closer to their users need. But also help to minimize e-waste and unnecessary wasteful economic activity. Too much hardware goes to landfills because of lack of standardized interfaces for DIY upgrades.

so long as no money is being made it's all good. Intellectual property is an artifact of commerce,
    It has no ethical relevance in non-commercial endeavors
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.
    $160 got this carplay ai with their coupon code .
    f2c3fcdc5e074bc08f973219b843cf8b.jpeg
    446ab3bcf1ee474c858452992ed7a242.jpeg
    cef6cf5f49624e40b85441a3f0e49e02.jpeg