CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

nixuspix

Nov 15, 2013
Riga
Has anyone tried to install a custom launcher on the CP600 Android 9 box and the carplay app is not working use the custom launcher but is able to run smoothly on default launcher.
It seems like the bluetooth is unable to connect on the custom launcher. The custom launcher that I am using is Car Launcher (Free)
You're right, noticed the same with my new ux999. You have to select as the home Default launcher and after everything connects correctly just switch ti CL

Larzouz

Jan 25, 2021
Hi,
I just received my applepie mini and it is very nice piece of hardware.
I have some issues using CarPlay.
i connected my phone in BT with applepie using the BT Phone app.
then i launch speed play but CarPlay never kicks in
Any hint that could help me out?
Thanks

Yossii

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,
I just received my applepie mini and it is very nice piece of hardware.
I have some issues using CarPlay.
i connected my phone in BT with applepie using the BT Phone app.
then i launch speed play but CarPlay never kicks in
Any hint that could help me out?
Thanks
Set wifi sharing setting 5Ghz to 2.4GHz.

Larzouz

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks.
i didn’t change anything but is started working :)

i have an other issue:
I use waze on applepie mini itself and my iPhone is linked in BT for calls. When I am in a call the volume of navigation instructions are much louder than when I am not on call.
do you know if there is something I can do?
Thanks

chadamir

Dec 15, 2010
If I buy the apple pie mini to use with my android phone, can I use head unit reloaded? Is it able to take data/audio/phone calls from the phone?

Larzouz

Jan 25, 2021
Yes It can take calls from phone. You can also share data from phone.
i don’t know for HUR but there is an app for android auto wireless

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
Alright so I read every single page and I'm a bit mystified as to which is the best of the best when it comes to which product is the superior one but doing my due diligence I would think it would be the

UROID (4+32G) found here https://www.car4play.kr/product-page/uroid since it uses the vehicles built in GPS and MIC and I understand apparently you can flash the UROID firm to other boxes but unless someone can specify the exact boxes without them being a fake then I'm a little stumped as to which boxes can accept the UROID flash and so if all of this is correct in my understanding can anyone offer any feedback as to which is the best box of them all? Also did anyone ever figure out how to get the UROID firm on to something like the Raspberry Pi? It would be kick-arse to be able to use our own hardware and I thank you in advance. Regards. 2021 Honda Ridgeline.​

chadamir

Dec 15, 2010
I have the Exploter apple pie mini. I can get Bluetooth to connect but the speed play thing is doing nothing. Just sits on waiting. I have a Samsung galaxy note 10+

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi all, I have the android 9 box and it won’t boot anymore just flashing blue can anyone help?
Reflash Device:

mikeylaw81

Mar 8, 2014
Reflash Device:

How do I do that sorry

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
How do I do that sorry

or

You have to push the reset button while pluging in your device to your pc. it´s between the venting holes. Just push it gently, it´s fragile!
There is a service called google :)

Reactions: supermiki73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    I have been looking at this as well. I'm going to order one as soon as my wife will let me probably a month or two from now.

To my knowledge nobody else seems to be utilizing car play as a generic display output with touch screen support.

I can't wait to get a hold of one of these and dump the firmware, if we can replicate how they interface, perhaps we can replicate it In software.

Imagine Apple car play as a primary display, as an installable magisk module.
    That would solve the issues of Android crippling secondary displays for DRM. It would also hola many car units to be repurposed closer to their users need. But also help to minimize e-waste and unnecessary wasteful economic activity. Too much hardware goes to landfills because of lack of standardized interfaces for DIY upgrades.

so long as no money is being made it's all good. Intellectual property is an artifact of commerce,
    It has no ethical relevance in non-commercial endeavors
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
    2. Open app and make /system/app writable
    3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
    4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
    5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
    6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
    7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
    It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.