CarPlay AI Box - "Android headunit" dongle?

Search This thread

seanseymour

Jul 20, 2009
I've got a few questions for anyone knowledgeable about this space...

I picked up the Binize version of this the other day and, so far, it's been pretty awesome. My only complaints so far is I can't get onto ADB (wireless adb is not an options, probably because android 9?) and my car has an always on USB port so my phone is constantly pairing to the device.

1. Previously, I was using an AAWireless dongle and it had an option to not bluetooth pair unless it found the car's bluetooth available. Is there any way to set up something similar with these boxes?

2. I'm considering returning this one for a different box I can ADB into and am looking at the UX-999 Pro on aliexpress but can't seem to find one with US radios so I guess I'll have to wait.

3. Is there any resource that has a good breakdown of these devices? This thread is the best I've found and, while it's a good resource, I still feel like I'd have to just buy each of the different devices to get a feel for which ones work well and which ones don't.

Istebene

May 7, 2022
The benefit of root as it is known
1- Control the processor through the kernel-manager program and raise its speed from 1500 MHz to 1800 MHz
2- Modify the MiuDrive.apk file to add languages that do not exist
3- Switch between MiuDrive.apk files to try system updates without upgrade_pkg.zip every time
4- Delete all advertisements in programs through the AdAway.apk program, which needs root
5- Add car launcher apk and make it work directly after working MiuDrive.apk without my intervention and this needs root
This is what I remember now

Hello,

Have you been able to add more languages ?
I would be interested in adding French to my device.

Thank you in advance for your response and your help.

amjy2020

Jul 9, 2021
Hi I want to ask my car have android 4.4.2 and i have connect Carlinkit wired dongle and it's working good I want to turn it to full android can i add Carlinkit Ai box to the Carlinkit dongle will it work

zetagemini

Feb 24, 2021
Hi all! I have the new Applepie Max but I have a problem with SIM card... The SIM was inserted correctly but... it doesn't recognize any SIM (i'm from Italy). What can I do?

macsax

Jun 30, 2010
Monza
hi all, I'm searching a method to connect my new carlinkit tbox to a pc/mac/androidTVbox for download apps and configure the system to home, and finally put the carlinkit "well installed" in the car. does anyone have tried this solution?

thanks,
Sandro.

macsax

Jun 30, 2010
Monza
Hi all! I have the new Applepie Max but I have a problem with SIM card... The SIM was inserted correctly but... it doesn't recognize any SIM (i'm from Italy). What can I do?
Hi, I'm from Italy too and I have put a wind tre data sim on a cpc200, quite same hardware, double chek if the simcard has PIN enabled, if yes, try to disable it.

Sandro.

_WHAT_

Jun 7, 2009
Looking to get one of these so I can run youtube, netflix and so on in the car.

What should I look out for - what is the best unit??

macsax

Jun 30, 2010
Monza
many manufacturers, same hardware... for me, best choose is 8 cores and 4gb of ram, to have a decent performance and a brunch of time without the need to buy another one... I have the carlinkit cpc200 tbox, playstore, netflix, youtube preinstalled, Android 9, simcard for data and microsd for storage, it's enough for me.

_WHAT_

Jun 7, 2009
I see some running Android 9 and some 10 and 11 - is there any reason so many are on 9 still?

How about netflix is that still supported on old android versions?

What to go for?

macsax

Jun 30, 2010
Monza
pay attention to android 11 box, 4 cores box are still android 9, it's a wrong description at all... if you research in xda forum, there is a thread who specify most of the box with spec, sw and firmware upgrade.

_WHAT_

Jun 7, 2009
Do you have a link to the thread would be great.

Also did not get the thing with cores and android versions....

GaryTan2

Mar 19, 2021
1663225059625.png
1663225101218.png

murray1152

Oct 12, 2022
$160 got this carplay ai with their coupon code .
f2c3fcdc5e074bc08f973219b843cf8b.jpeg
446ab3bcf1ee474c858452992ed7a242.jpeg
cef6cf5f49624e40b85441a3f0e49e02.jpeg

Pratibhu

Sep 26, 2022
Thanks, I have ordered 2 seperate type of Bluetooth dongle. Will try later tonight.

just confirming you been able to connect a external devise (not your phone or a speaker/audio device) via Bluetooth? Where did you go in system setting to search for the Bluetooth devices?
Hi, I got myself the Tp-Link UB400 Bluetooth Dongle, and have installed the ADW2 Launcher, however, even after all that the Bluetooth Settings is showing as unavailable. Is this a dongle compatibility issue or is there something I am missing? Can someone please tell me the steps to add a bluetooth device to pair with this dongle? Thank you in advance.

sambir

Sep 30, 2009
I have a Mini Cooper F60 2020 with wireless apple carplay. There is one mmb box released in 2021 which is possible to remotely connect to a BMW. The bmw is basically the same as the mini. It seems that this box is sold out everywhere, anyone know an alternative for this?

As far as i know this box doesnt work on the mini because mini uses MINIXXXXX as bluetooth/wifi name while BMW uses BMWXXXXX as name but technically they work the same. So maybe i could modify the system to make it work on a Mini. First need to get one...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have this version of AI box
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5abb2fc2wCcoEN

There is also rebranded version from Joyeauto with 4GB RAM, generally it is the same product:
    https://www.joyeauto.com/mmb-multim...-for-the-cars-with-oem-factory-apple-carplay/

Joyeauto provides also download section for this device, where is a new ROM:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oyjsw7s4q6dmvrm/AADy_yP8FC3JqnIrgjZrK-Gea?dl=0

Is there anybody who can make custom rooted firmware?

Btw. It can be plugged to any Android phone/ tablet via Carlinkit Wried CarPlay Smart Link Dongle for Android https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038683679.html

It works like in the car, it is good for playing with and installing in home.

Bluetooth is blocked only for phone connection. I plugged cheap BT dongle to the USB port of the AI box and now I can connect anything including of OBD2.

What is annoying is autohiding on-screen navigation panel. It would be better make the always visible navigation bar and all apks opening resized in the rest of the screen.

Generally it is pretty interesting and good working device.
    I have been looking at this as well. I'm going to order one as soon as my wife will let me probably a month or two from now.

To my knowledge nobody else seems to be utilizing car play as a generic display output with touch screen support.

I can't wait to get a hold of one of these and dump the firmware, if we can replicate how they interface, perhaps we can replicate it In software.

Imagine Apple car play as a primary display, as an installable magisk module.
    That would solve the issues of Android crippling secondary displays for DRM. It would also hola many car units to be repurposed closer to their users need. But also help to minimize e-waste and unnecessary wasteful economic activity. Too much hardware goes to landfills because of lack of standardized interfaces for DIY upgrades.

so long as no money is being made it's all good. Intellectual property is an artifact of commerce,
    It has no ethical relevance in non-commercial endeavors
    ladies and gentlemen. the new carplay box has been released.
    it is a beast! holy moly, thoae chinese went all in on this box.

Since some users don't like the floating buttons of the standard launcher (CP600 device) and I haven't found a solution, I have now put my hands on it and removed it.

I thought I'd share my file with the community.

But first a little disclaimer:

This is just a test. Please always make Backups! It works on my device, but I can't tell if it works on others. The base file is from the rooted firmware MIUOS1.0_010_288_2021053119, which I prefer and can confirm as working.

I am not responsible for any damage. Since it's a system app, the file can damage the device. Install it at your own risk.

Please remember to install a custom NavBar App, such as "Navigation Bar" from the PlayStore beforehand, otherwise navigation will no longer be possible.

In addition, a second launcher should be installed to be on the safe side so that it can be used if you have any problems with the default launcher.

!!! Attention, the installation requires root and the APK can't be installed as a normal app. It has to run as a system app !!!

Installation:

1. Install any File Explorer with Root-Access from the Google PlayStore, e.g. "Root Explorer"
    2. Open app and make /system/app writable
    3. Navigate to /system/app/MiuDrive
    4. Create a Backup of your original MiuDrive.apk file
    5. Download the changed MiuDrive.apk
    6. Copy the new MiuDrive.apk to /system/app/MiuDrive and overwrite the existing file
    7. Restart the device

Now the floating buttons should no longer be visible.

Hope it's helpful for someone..
    It looks a little bit bigger than CP boxes, but still can be hidden somewhere in the car. Would you please measure dimensions? Seller has incorrect info about this (10.8 x 8.9 x 10.4 cm), it does not look 8.9 cm thick.

Would you confirm that it needs only OTG-USB cable connected to cars’ Carplay port to work? No extra power cable nedded? Does it take GPS and MIC signal from the car or do you need to plug extra devices? Because I see all those accessories at the seller’s page…

What about Bluetooth settings? Can the phone and OBD2 be connected? What is the quality of calls?

Is there some car buttons mapper apk installed? Which car buttons works and does not works for you?
    1. See the below picture. It would be correct.

2.It works only otg-usb. Not necessary any cable to working.

3.it takes car original gps and mic signal. You don't need to plug extra devices.

4. You can connect Bluetooth devices. But I don't use phone connection so I don't know the quality of calls

5. The car buttons work properly maybe.

I just received few hours ago. I am still working for my family. If you ask more detail(such as video upload), I can solve your questions.

I used cp600, px6 all of ai box. But this new box is the best for now.