• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Carplay AI box upgrade Android

Search This thread

kkdoxy

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,

I bought this Android carplay box:
Android 7.0 Carplay AI Box 4+32G

Ha8b24207e60248d085db905381487149p.jpg

Im using it in Mercedes Class A250e with last MBUX.

The central touch console works very well with the box, but in car steering wheel controls dosent work. And i think that i need to upgrade for Android 9 for working with car steering wheel controls.

So, my question is:
How i can upgrade the android version? and Where is that compatible Android version for this Android AI box?

Thanks a lot

shaiq123

Mar 12, 2010
Gurgaon
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello,

View attachment 5204337

The central touch console works very well with the box, but in car steering wheel controls dosent work. And i think that i need to upgrade for Android 9 for working with car steering wheel controls.

So, my question is:
How i can upgrade the android version? and Where is that compatible Android version for this Android AI box?

Thanks a lot
For me, only the volume control button works from the steering wheel controls. None of the other button works. I am using in Honda Accord.

gabyhsh

Jun 5, 2021
For me, only the volume control button works from the steering wheel controls. None of the other button works. I am using in Honda Accord.
This 4-core box is not easy to use. The Qualcomm 8-core box is perfectly compatible with the original car's touchpad, steering wheel buttons, scroll wheel, and knob operations. Those who can operate CarPlay can operate this box.

carplay retrofit

Jul 1, 2021
Hello,

View attachment 5204337

So, my question is:

Thanks a lot
Latest 4+64G Android 9 is here : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.2.778a29c4kFBysr

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
I have the Allwinner CP600P 4/32 running
The 2021-06-28 update. It came from Alibaba seller with a really old firmware. Bluetooth didn’t work out if the box which is what led me to come across this forum.

I cannot get Bluetooth to work. It turns on then off right away.
Purchased a usb dongle (Plugable 4.0) and same thing- doesn’t work.
All I want to be able to do is connect to Bluetooth OBD2 devices for gauges. That’s all I care about as I already have wireless CarPlay. Can someone help me?

2020 Audi RSQ8
iPhone 12 Pro Max

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I have the Allwinner CP600P 4/32 running
The 2021-06-28 update. It came from Alibaba seller with a really old firmware. Bluetooth didn’t work out if the box which is what led me to come across this forum.

I cannot get Bluetooth to work. It turns on then off right away.
Purchased a usb dongle (Plugable 4.0) and same thing- doesn’t work.
All I want to be able to do is connect to Bluetooth OBD2 devices for gauges. That’s all I care about as I already have wireless CarPlay. Can someone help me?

2020 Audi RSQ8
iPhone 12 Pro Max

Buy a cheap Phone that ist rootable and use Android Auto Hacks and AAAD, also depending on your mib Version of your Audi you can Take a Look at this: https://github.com/jilleb/mib2-toolbox You also find newer firmwares for your cp600p in my firmwarethread.

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
Buy a cheap Phone that ist rootable and use Android Auto Hacks and AAAD, also depending on your mib Version of your Audi you can Take a Look at this: https://github.com/jilleb/mib2-toolbox You also find newer firmwares for your cp600p in my firmwarethread.
Thank you so much. you think my box is bad, or not meant to pair with OBDeleven?
Thanks for the toolbox. Ive been trying to get CarPlay to appear in the VC, which is enabled on the Audi TT only. I don’t know if it will help with that or not.

DAP56

Jul 11, 2021
Denver
Your FW thread is where I got the 2021-06-28 update from (and I still have the Bluetooth issue) Thanks for posting those updates. Best info on the net for this stuff

Reactions: LwannaCM

Infotainment

Jun 2, 2021
ShenZhen
Hello,

View attachment 5204337

So, my question is:

Thanks a lot
The AI Box is upgrade to Android 9.0 now ,with 4G LTE built-in. Check the link http://mtw.so/61A6wo

Top Liked Posts