Question CarPlay on fyt headunit

Search This thread

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
Hi all does anyone else have an issue with apple carplay showing pixilation and artefacts on the screen?

Seller is not much help with this issue.

Attachments

• 346D032B-4E4A-45A0-8D66-15FCD93DB1AF.jpeg
    346D032B-4E4A-45A0-8D66-15FCD93DB1AF.jpeg
    794.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 6C2F1BD8-5C6A-4D37-8B2D-76761BA4922E.jpeg
    6C2F1BD8-5C6A-4D37-8B2D-76761BA4922E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
No couldn’t resolve the problem. Restarting the headunit or phone would clear it but it kept coming back. I’ve since changed to a Teyes cc3 and haven’t had the issue

hzn942

May 6, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply, I have the same pixilation problem, not as bad as yours, still useable. just want to check if there's any solution

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
I did try everything but just couldn’t sort it. Not much on the internet about it but some merc users had it but was fixed with a reboot of the phone.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
There is a lot to find about "apple carplay pixelation" on the apple forums like "I pressed the home button and then Apple car play again and the screen went back to normal without losing the route map." Of course this is only a work-around.
Next to that: keep an eye on new releases of the carlink app. The latest version (multiple links in this forum) solves a lot of issues.

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
Thank you. I did try multiple versions and the seller was sending updated carlink apks but none worked. I also bought a dongle which showed the same issue unless the software was set to software mode and not hardware. Once I did that the CarPlay screen wasn’t as high res but didn’t show any pixelation.

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
Mine freaked out like that a few times.
I made sure it wasn't on Satellite view, used 5G wifi, and it mostly took care of it. sometimes all it took to clear was pulling down the menu on the head unit or dismissing the lower menu bar or similar.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Mine freaked out like that a few times.
I made sure it wasn't on Satellite view, used 5G wifi, and it mostly took care of it. sometimes all it took to clear was pulling down the menu on the head unit or dismissing the lower menu bar or similar.
Thank you. I did try multiple versions and the seller was sending updated carlink apks but none worked. I also bought a dongle which showed the same issue unless the software was set to software mode and not hardware. Once I did that the CarPlay screen wasn’t as high res but didn’t show any pixelation.

And you both tried it on wireless and via USB?
I can imagine that wireless is the nicest one, but if a USB cable solves "everything", I would still use it. Maybe not for a 5 minute drive, but certainly for over an hour. It takes just as much time to connect/disconnect as to use one of the work-arounds during the trip (and maybe multiple times).

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
And you both tried it on wireless and via USB?
I can imagine that wireless is the nicest one, but if a USB cable solves "everything", I would still use it. Maybe not for a 5 minute drive, but certainly for over an hour. It takes just as much time to connect/disconnect as to use one of the work-arounds during the trip (and maybe multiple times).
Mine never connected via USB. I think only one of my USBs alllows that, and I chose the wrong one when piping it through to the front camera (i'd have to connect to it behind the glovebox)
I don't use carplay anymore since getting a DPI changer to make google maps actually usable on the screen. Before it was too small. wish I could set resolution by app or some kind of zoom mode for maps.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Mine never connected via USB. I think only one of my USBs alllows that, and I chose the wrong one when piping it through to the front camera (i'd have to connect to it behind the glovebox)
Yeah, I had that too. Mine has 3 USB connections, but one seems not functional (or is that one the OTG? I did not even try, to be honest). 2 are in the glovebox and the 3rd behind the glovebox connected to my DAB+ antenna.

Reactions: marchnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree about the dpi. I’ve changed mine to around 622 so that apps are more useable on the road.
    Yeah, I had that too. Mine has 3 USB connections, but one seems not functional (or is that one the OTG? I did not even try, to be honest). 2 are in the glovebox and the 3rd behind the glovebox connected to my DAB+ antenna.