• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Carrier iq?

Search This thread

similiken

Nov 11, 2021
In regard to my three v20 h910's i got, and the looming february 2022 3g deactivation from att, and the fact that no custom rom supports volte (i tested lineageos, it says lte until dropping to umts when you answer or make a call).

I've got no problem working on making stock more like lineageos, i at least have that option; and that's pretty great since now i'm rocking a debloated, signature spoofing, microg oreo stock firmware (and i'm also doing the same thing with MM 6.0 on my parent's g3's because same thing).

The point is going back to stock, does carrier iq have no more lingering apk's? Is it now renamed since att purchased that company? What's up with it?

Darnrain1

Jan 2, 2018
In regard to my three v20 h910's i got, and the looming february 2022 3g deactivation from att, and the fact that no custom rom supports volte (i tested lineageos, it says lte until dropping to umts when you answer or make a call).

I've got no problem working on making stock more like lineageos, i at least have that option; and that's pretty great since now i'm rocking a debloated, signature spoofing, microg oreo stock firmware (and i'm also doing the same thing with MM 6.0 on my parent's g3's because same thing).

The point is going back to stock, does carrier iq have no more lingering apk's? Is it now renamed since att purchased that company? What's up with it?
LGv20 H910 Root Step by Step guide to install Oreo Stock & debloat, Wi-fi Calling, VoLTE, LTE Data, all working!

Last edited:

similiken

Nov 11, 2021
Looks like i was good. Already got the att_iqi package removed.
I also added in a lot of extra data to your thread you quoted here that you'll most definitely want to go over.

EDIT: Looks like i was right, att acquired carrier iq in order to have carrier iq under att ownership. Many articles make it sound like att acquired and dismantled them. Yet it makes absolutely no sense why a company would purchase another in order to not use their new to them intellectual propery and new to them arm of business.

Last edited: