General Carrier Services 89.0..._20220118

Search This thread

BiBaBuTzE

Jan 28, 2022
I received beta Version 90.0.423324339-carrierservices_20220121_RC00 today
Hello, is it possible to upload the Carrierservice Files? It seems that these are the Betaversion and I like to test them too. I'm a User with heavy connection problems and the Betaprogram seems to be closed. Thx a lot and have a nice Day.

Reactions: Lycidias

Lycidias

Hello, is it possible to upload the Carrierservice Files? It seems that these are the Betaversion and I like to test them too. I'm a User with heavy connection problems and the Betaprogram seems to be closed. Thx a lot and have a nice Day.
Hello, you can opt-in to the beta with this app:

Or download APK from here:

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021

all the betta update are so bulshit always the same ....bad reception, bad signal (droping signal) why google? trillion $ company that cant fix carrier iisue o.m.g

biTToe

I am having similar disconnect issues.
I just joined the beta and upgraded from 86... to 90...
I cleared cache and rebooted.
We'll see if it is any better.

QUESTION:
I cleared cache.
Has anyone tried clearing all data?

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
ok found solution for reception problem for me.

i just change my reception to h+(3g) now no signal loss all fine
anyway only download and upload is slower so what im not streaming from my device, download is ok so i wait 1 min more but all other think sweet as baby

youtube 4k is ok the buffer fast enaugh whatsapp facebook ....i dont need more anyways i dont have 5g with google in my country so .... guys just try it
it works flowless

p.s.: sry for my english its not my main language

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
ok found solution for reception problem for me.

i just change my reception to h+(3g) now no signal loss all fine
anyway only download and upload is slower so what im not streaming from my device, download is ok so i wait 1 min more but all other think sweet as baby

youtube 4k is ok the buffer fast enaugh whatsapp facebook ....i dont need more anyways i dont have 5g with google in my country so .... guys just try it
it works flowless

p.s.: sry for my english its not my main language
People didn't spend $1K on a phone to be forced to disable LTE and 5G so I can't see this being acceptable to 99% of people. Plus in the US that option won't even exist after this year because 3G is being shut down. You also take a HUGE voice quality hit dropping from VoLTE to 3G UMTS voice.

Reactions: Texan1

nosferatu123

Jan 26, 2021
People didn't spend $1K on a phone to be forced to disable LTE and 5G so I can't see this being acceptable to 99% of people. Plus in the US that option won't even exist after this year because 3G is being shut down. You also take a HUGE voice quality hit dropping from VoLTE to 3G UMTS voice.
yes you right my friend but what can we do?maybe in the states you can get back your money but many places if you buy somthing you stay with it ,cant give it back so.. when i say back to 3g its was for now till maybe they fix it ...but i think its a defect on the line

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
yes you right my friend but what can we do?maybe in the states you can get back your money but many places if you buy somthing you stay with it ,cant give it back so.. when i say back to 3g its was for now till maybe they fix it ...but i think its a defect on the line
Between things like this, battery drain, overheating, and 120 people and counting who have reported their Pixel 6/6 Pro (mostly Pro) screen randomly cracking, I think I'm gonna wait for the Pixel 7 and just hope my 3 XL doesn't brick before that.

Texan1

New version out.
Screenshot_20220201-141956.png

Reactions: Lycidias

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
That's a great idea. See you in October.
I say these things but I have no impulse control. It will go on sale somewhere and I'll end up with one. 🤷‍♂️ Or I will go manic one night and order it on Amazon like I almost did with the S21 FE last night. Didn't come to my senses until right before submitting it after choosing my payment method.

I wish there weren't so many compromises involved though, especially in the modem department. I really don't think I can cope with the lack of memory in the 3 XL that long so I guess we will see what happens.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I say these things but I have no impulse control. It will go on sale somewhere and I'll end up with one. 🤷‍♂️ Or I will go manic one night and order it on Amazon like I almost did with the S21 FE last night. Didn't come to my senses until right before submitting it after choosing my payment method.

I wish there weren't so many compromises involved though, especially in the modem department. I really don't think I can cope with the lack of memory in the 3 XL that long so I guess we will see what happens.
Been there as well. If you get a good one as I did you'll be very happy. Carrier services are helping immensely with updates almost daily. Network connectivity back to normal. Fpr basically 99% at least, no heat issues.. come on already you know you want one. You're here enough might as well join in.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Been there as well. If you get a good one as I did you'll be very happy. Carrier services are helping immensely with updates almost daily. Network connectivity back to normal. Fpr basically 99% at least, no heat issues.. come on already you know you want one. You're here enough might as well join in.
Carrier services are helping or hurting with each update - so I think this depends on your phone carrier. My service was great with the January radio image but was pretty much non-existent after the last carrier services update. But with the carrier services beta update that I got this morning, it's much better again lol.

But depending on how my service is over the course of the day today, I may downgrade to the November radio image as I had zero service issues when that was flashed.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Carrier services are helping or hurting with each update - so I think this depends on your phone carrier. My service was great with the January radio image but was pretty much non-existent after the last carrier services update. But with the carrier services beta update that I got this morning, it's much better again lol.

But depending on how my service is over the course of the day today, I may downgrade to the November radio image as I had zero service issues when that was flashed.
So you're bootloader unlocked but do you have a custom rom or just stock? The update last night was really good on my device and network, but like you say I'll see over the course of a day. I don't have many options so I'm stuck if it's bad. But the last few have been pretty good but not like last nights.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
So you're bootloader unlocked but do you have a custom rom or just stock? The update last night was really good on my device and network, but like you say I'll see over the course of a day. I don't have many options so I'm stuck if it's bad. But the last few have been pretty good but not like last nights.
I'm running all stock. I just like unlocking the bootloader so that I can manually update/change certain images on the phone and get root access if necessary. With the bootloader unlocked, you can flash whichever radio image you want. Since I had the best service reliability on the November build (heck, I was getting constant LTE and a little 5G service through like 10ft concrete walls lol), I saved the November radio image on my phone so that I can flash it again if my service is intermittent in the same location on the January build. But hopefully it stays as good as it is now with this morning's carrier services beta update!

*Edit* - I noticed that it's performing like it did on the November build with the latest carrier services beta update. So when my 5G signal gets questionable, it instantly switches to LTE before I lose connection. When the 5G comes back and is strong, it switches back to 5G seamlessly. After the regular January update with the January radio image, when my 5G connection got iffy, it would just disconnect completely and wasn't even attempting to switch to LTE lol - and this was with Adaptive Connectivity enabled and with LTE as my preferred data type in the SIM settings. Now, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think that I had messaged Google something regarding this issue after flashing the January update. So, with today's/yesterday's carrier service beta update, so far so good!

*Edit 2* - Got another carrier services beta update this morning. Now the service is still good, but a little more questionable. I'm definitely going to flash the November radio image tonight to see what happens. If my service is better, then I'll just keep re-flashing that radio image after each update.

*Edit 3* - Back on the November radio image and my connection is much better. In areas with weak signal, it seems to stay on LTE until it receives a significantly strong 5G signal - only then does it switch to 5G. On the January build, it was mostly ignoring LTE or trying to switch to 5G far too often without testing the signal's strength prior to switching... Granted, the phone outputs a little more heat with the November radio image so I'm assuming it had allocated a heavier power draw to the modem. Regardless, if you're having a similar issue, perhaps flashing the November radio image will help you as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: bobby janow

granosalis

Jan 13, 2022
I have installed new carrier service this morning (89.0.422537817).
from this morning the network battery consumption in standby (computed among 24h) is reduced from 27 to 21%. I thin I'll know more tomorrw after 24h from the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hopped off the December 10th beta and manually installed this new carrier services 89. build. The connection seems more stable at first pass, but I also cannot seem to pick up 5G UC. I am going to take a drive and go tower hopping to see if I can jump start it with a handoff.

I think swider is talking about the app from the playstore rather than what T-Mobile shows in the sim option. Admittedly my knowledge is limited on the particulars of this stuff.
    I thought you said you were going to drive by a tower and jump off
    Whenever an update says "Bug fixes and stability improvements" I just wanna rip my hair out. Why can't they provide a list as to what bugs they actually fixed?? I enjoy reading such updates to see if I actually had a bug they took action on, and to also be informed about bugs that were present to begin with.
    What exactly does "carrier services" even do? It definitely isn't modem firmware, so can't impact signal strength or stability.
    This is the millions $$ question. Some say it deals with RCS messaging. Others have dug into the app and say it deals with IMS-related stuff. The going consensus is that it basically provides instructions of sorts to carriers on how to best optimise their service for the hardware. I can say that the .89 beta apk has improved my circumstance now about 24 hours in. I haven't had any disconnects that I am aware of. The device also appears to run cooler. I mean this could all be placebo and they could just be doing tower work, but it feels like an improvement to me.

T-Mobile is still September policy.