Carrier unlock Sprint LG ThinQ V8?

Search This thread

wxfreak

Apr 25, 2011
Kansas City
LG G8
I have a Sprint ThinQ V8 that is no longer active after receiving a new phone from T-Mobile (a few months back). T-Mobile ported the phone number and deactivated the LG V8 remotely.

How can I get my LG SIM/carrier unlocked or should it already be unlocked?

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
I have a Sprint ThinQ V8 that is no longer active after receiving a new phone from T-Mobile (a few months back). T-Mobile ported the phone number and deactivated the LG V8 remotely.

How can I get my LG SIM/carrier unlocked or should it already be unlocked?

So, never did what you're describing. You had a G8 on t-mo network, you got a new phone from them, they ported the number to the new phone (why didn't you just take the sim out of the old one and put it in the new one?).

anyway, maybe when you say 'ported the number' yer basically saying on t-mo's website they now show the new phone instead of the old one. That's not really 'porting the number', that's just changing on their site which phone you have, and you put the old sim in the new phone?

Completely unsure what you mean 'deactivated the LG G8 remotely'? What? Is this a phone that you've completely paid for? If so, they have zero business doing anything with that phone other than carrier unlocking it.

you might want to explain a little more about what's going on.

wxfreak

Apr 25, 2011
Kansas City
LG G8
So, never did what you're describing. You had a G8 on t-mo network, you got a new phone from them, they ported the number to the new phone (why didn't you just take the sim out of the old one and put it in the new one?).

anyway, maybe when you say 'ported the number' yer basically saying on t-mo's website they now show the new phone instead of the old one. That's not really 'porting the number', that's just changing on their site which phone you have, and you put the old sim in the new phone?

Completely unsure what you mean 'deactivated the LG G8 remotely'? What? Is this a phone that you've completely paid for? If so, they have zero business doing anything with that phone other than carrier unlocking it.

you might want to explain a little more about what's going on.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion, I'm a newbie at understanding how everything works. The LG V8 ThinQ phone was obtained from Sprint and was on Sprints network until T-Mobile called offering a new Nord N200. When I got the Nord N200, I called T-Mobile customer service and they transferred the number from the LG to the Nord by guiding me on codes to enter. The LG has been payed off for awhile. Is there a way I can check to see if the LG is now carrier unlocked? Thanks in advance.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion, I'm a newbie at understanding how everything works. The LG V8 ThinQ phone was obtained from Sprint and was on Sprints network until T-Mobile called offering a new Nord N200. When I got the Nord N200, I called T-Mobile customer service and they transferred the number from the LG to the Nord by guiding me on codes to enter. The LG has been payed off for awhile. Is there a way I can check to see if the LG is now carrier unlocked? Thanks in advance.

Oh, that explains it. Yes a simple way to check if it's unlocked is put a sim in it. If it connects to that carrier, you can make calls etc, then it's been unlocked. If it's not, call Sprint, I think they are legally bound to unlock it if it's paid off.

Reactions: wxfreak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Oh, that explains it. Yes a simple way to check if it's unlocked is put a sim in it. If it connects to that carrier, you can make calls etc, then it's been unlocked. If it's not, call Sprint, I think they are legally bound to unlock it if it's paid off.