Carsifi Wireless AA

Search This thread

fcaronte

Nov 4, 2011
Hi all, Is someone found a way to fix this bug? I have it on Carsifi but AAWireless user say to have the same problem with this device too so is a general problem. Practically I discover that when Im using it and working normally, then if pass trough a no connection area after internet come back android auto wireless will completely stuck. This thing isn't happen with normal cable mode.

EDIT add how to reproduce the bug

You can simple disable "mobile data" and android auto keep working without internet but, when you enable again mobile data the system immediately got stuck and reboot itself after a few time. This is a very annoying discover during a travel (fortunately I was using navigation but I know the route)

Last edited:

ZacJ

Jul 16, 2010
So I have both Carsifi and AAWireless - just sharing my thoughts here if anyone cares.

I have a Z Fold 3 and a S20 Ultra. The phones have roughly the same load time on either device in a Hyundai Tuscon. In the Hyundai i30, the AAWireless is about 10 seconds faster than the Carsifi.

The AAWireless app is nicer and easier to use than the Carsifi app. It's also got a few more options.

The Carsifi app takes a little longer to update the device when a change is made. There is also an 'experimental' method to boot faster but it made no difference on my phones...

The only benefit to some people (with Carsifi) may be the 'magic button' - you can set it to do 2 things:
1) change paired phone (double click)
2) Play / pause music (triple click) - however on my device, this paused the music but AA froze, and pressing play rebooted the device, so after about 10 seconds it rebooted and started the music again.

I got the AAWireless many months ago, and the Carsifi yesterday (I purposely got both - one for each car, and so I can test both of them too!)

At the end of the day, both do the same thing in the same way. In summary, I like the AAWireless better as it seems to just 'work' better, the app is better and I like the developer and their reputation.

Oh and if anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll respond.

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
Installed my Carsifi module yesterday in a VW Arteon 2018. Pairing with the app worked immediately but after that Android Auto would not start. I had to change the following settings in the Troubleshooting section of the app:
  • Intercept AA protocol: disable this
  • USB Connection mode: Change this to accessory mode
After that everything worked perfectly.
Impact of the first setting mentioned above is that you cannot use certain settings in the main settings section:
  • Screen DPI (disabled)
  • Disable tap blockers (disabled)
Other than this I made no changes and really happy with the startup speed and performance. Several drives already without any issues (mostly used Waze and Spotify).
Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22+ with Android 12 (stock, unrooted).

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
Absolute rubbish . Won't connect. Haven't had a reply from support for over a week. Scam

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
Absolute rubbish . Won't connect. Haven't had a reply from support for over a week. Scam
Maybe someone here can help? I also couldn't connect the first time but after changing two settings it worked perfectly. Been driving around with it for 4 days already without any issues so it's definitely not a scam.

Breefube

Jun 30, 2022
Hi all, Is someone found a way to fix this bug? I have it on Carsifi but AAWireless user say to have the same problem with this device too so is a general problem. Practically I discover that when Im using it and working normally, then if pass trough a no connection area after internet come back android auto wireless will completely stuck. This thing isn't happen with normal cable mode.

EDIT add how to reproduce the bug

You can simple disable "mobile data" and android auto keep working without internet but, when you enable again mobile data the system immediately got stuck and reboot itself after a few time. This is a very annoying discover during a travel (fortunately I was using navigation but I know the route)
Do you have an solution ?

fcaronte

Nov 4, 2011
Do you have an solution ?
No solutions, but I discovered is a xioami bug because if you try Carsifi using another phone (I try a relame and a Samsung with pixel experience rom) will work correctly with connection toggle on off, so is a xioami problem and no solutions for now. I send a feedback to xioami but no reply for now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received mine on Saturday, and unfortunately, it is not working. It has an enable debugging option on the companion app, so I was able to send logs with my support email as well as my detailed description of what it was doing. They responded right away and even sent a config to the app just for my setup. However, still doesn't work. They said my Audi as well as a Toyota Tundra are having the same problem. My phone and the device connect fine, but it doesn't project AA to the screen. They asked for firmware version and whatever other info and they will work on a fix. This is the identical problem I had when I was trying to get the AA Gateway to work (with 2 different phones).

Honestly, I'm fairly confident in these guys. Even having problems, which sucks, they have been Johnny on the spot with returning support emails and working on fixes. They also offered to refund the cost while letting me keep the device and while they find a fix for it. I think that's some great support service. I'm disappointed that I still don't have wireless AA, but I'm pretty sure these guys will get me going sooner than later. Definitely recommend.
    Their site now links to kick-starter and shows ship dates of Oct and Nov depending on amount pledged.
    I will stick with Emil and AAWilreless. I also use his OBD2AA app, so a big fan and supporter!
    Their site now links to kick-starter and shows ship dates of Oct and Nov depending on amount pledged.
    I will stick with Emil and AAWilreless. I also use his OBD2AA app, so a big fan and supporter!
    That they do! They pushed out an earlier device, which I have and works great, but they redesigned it and are now trying to get enough backers to make it happen. Everyone who bought their previous device is getting a free upgrade to the new one. They're really trying hard to make a good company.

I also ordered AAWireless back in May, and I'm not cancelling my order, but, I'll decide which I like better once I have them both. So far, I'm not sure I even have a need for the AAWireless device? The new Carsifi device is really small and works with two phones. Anyway, a good option while you wait! They may still have the current device available, which you would have in about a week shipping.