[Case]Case compatibility list for 2000mah kit

Search This thread

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
Hello all,

As i'm sure some of you have been trying to find a case that fits the 2000mah kit from Samsung and having a lot of trouble? well being a case whore i'm building a collective list of cases which do or do not fit, if you have any info please PM me and i'll add your results to the list, please PM fitting and non fitting cases, but please CTRL+F and search for the case your going to PM me incase it's already on the list. without further ado;

DOES FIT

[CM014056] Case-Mate Tough (However it is very tight, and ideally need the rear rubber being trimmed OR removed back cover)
[CM015699] Case-Mate Safe skin (Fits but has a loose area below camera)
[EF-C1A2B*EC] Samsung Galaxy S2 Flip Cover (Rear side cut out around battery cover, perfect fit)
[EF-CA12P] Samsung Leather Pouch Case (Tight but fits, some screen protectors may dislodge)
[Not Known] Samsung D30 Galaxy S II Leather Slip Case (Tight but fits, some screen protectors may dislodge)
[EF-C1A2LBEC] Samsung Galaxy S II Leather Pouch Case (Fits fine)
[Not Known] SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid EX (Fits fine)
[Not Known] SGP Linear Series (Fits)
[Not Known] SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid (Fits but has a loose area below camera)
[Not Known] SGP Neo Ultra capsule (Fits)
[F8M136EBC00] Belkin Samsung Galaxy Swell Grip Graphix (Fits but loose around camera area)
[Not Known] Nillkin TPU (Nearly Perfect)
[SAM4-I9100-20-E4OTR_A] Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy S2 (Fits, slightly loose area above the extended battery cover)
[ICPSAI9100D1D] i Case Pro (Fits)
[Not Known] Aeonaz POLARBEAR (Light modification required)
[Not Known] Zenus Air Jacket
[3BSSGXF41] PDair Leather Case Flip Type
[Not Known] Rearth Ringke Case
[CM014641] Case-Mate Pop Case

DOES NOT FIT

[CM014048] Case-Mate Barely There Case (Will not clip on at all)

[SAMGS2CCBL] Samsung Genuine Mesh Vent Case (Will no clip on at all)
[EEB-U20BBUG] Samsung S2 Power Pack (Cannot align usb connector without damage)
[EF-GS2L] Samsung Moulded Leather Flip Case (clips cannot stretch to phone body due to moulded back)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4269213

Some pics would be realy realy nice, so everybody could see how it fits and if they could get used to it.

EDIT: Also you can add the SGP Neo Hybrid and SGP Neo Hybrid EX to the list. First one has a loose are around the camera (as seen in another thread) and the other one fits nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ccrows

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
I would put some pictures up but I don't own all of them, and a few I've checked out in Retail stores, however If I buy any that fit, i'll make sure I post up photos of the fit.

D

Deleted member 4269213

Then just put the pictures in you own. Some others who have the extended battery and a case could send you their pictures and you could implement them into your post.

When I get my S2, 2000 mAh battery and decided for a case i will do some pictures for you, too.

PS: You could link every name of the cases to their official pages, too.
Here are some:

SGP Neo Hybrid EX: sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-case-neo-hybrid-ex-series.html

SGP Neo Hybrid: sgpstore.com/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-case-neo-hybrid-series.html

Case-Mate Tough: case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Cases/Case-Mate-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Tough-Cases.asp

Case-Mate Barely There: case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Cases/Case-Mate-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Barely-There-Cases.asp

Hope I can help improving your thread ;) I think your thread can help very many people.

Last edited by a moderator:

jytow0716

Jul 26, 2011
KL
anyone tried with casemate pop? might as well getting 2000mah battery rather than getting another spare samsung ori battery if pop case fits well:)

voidflare

Sep 26, 2011
What about this Case:

- Belkin Grip Graphix Swell Does it fit?
Hi all!

Yes, as most soft cases the Graphix fits, but you'll see some looseness in the camera section. Also, I did not like the grip of this case at all, it felt slippery imo.
I went for the Neon hybrid instead, very satisfied.

sooby77

Nov 22, 2005
How tight is the fit on the Case Mate Tough case with the 2000mah battery? I like the look of it and just placed an order for it. Is it so tight that there's a risk of damaging the phone?

oldswe

Mar 21, 2011
Zenus Skin Air Jacket

Just got the new battery and put it in my Zenus Skin Air Jacket... dont know what to say... sadly it doesnt fit... but its useable.

The edge of the phone comes out a bit and therefore the access to the volume and powerbutton is limited.

I made some photos but cant post the links due lack of postcount :mad:

Last edited:

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
The Walnutt bumper fits for sure, but hell, it it even fits my Momax 2700mah Expower batts, so that's a moot point.

randomA

Aug 30, 2011
Singapore
what is the sense of using a bumper of a sgp neo hybrid ?
i mean, isnt the purpose of a case to cover the whole phone? both the examples above mentioned appear to just cover the borders of the phone, leaving uncovered the whole back of it.
actually sgp neo hybrid series sounds just like a overpriced bumper.
anyone, can prove the opposite?

actually i am very interested in this because it looks like there is no real hard non/bumper case fitting with the new battery: and the only (crappy) solutions appear to be either bumpers or gum/rubber cases ...

LBTaylor1984

Aug 22, 2005
London
How tight is the fit on the Case Mate Tough case with the 2000mah battery? I like the look of it and just placed an order for it. Is it so tight that there's a risk of damaging the phone?

IT fits but the rubber part is under a small amount of pressure, pushing the phone out of the hard plastic casing. it is MINIMAL, if your like me and fiddle with your phone all the time, it is just a case of pushing it with the lightest touch back in.

It won't damage the phone unless your trying the impossible (pushing the phone into the bottom cutout.) and pushing so hard you crack the hard plastic shell in otherwords impossible. the ideal would be to cut the rubber out in the shape of the battery lid compartment. on the rubber part, then assembling with the hard casing. so you remove the tension off the added thickness.

paira

Feb 8, 2011
if I have a hybrid neo spg .... and put the battery without the back cover ... only with the case spg ... looks good? or can cause problems? (Sorry for my English)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

sooby77

Nov 22, 2005
IT fits but the rubber part is under a small amount of pressure, pushing the phone out of the hard plastic casing. it is MINIMAL, if your like me and fiddle with your phone all the time, it is just a case of pushing it with the lightest touch back in.

It won't damage the phone unless your trying the impossible (pushing the phone into the bottom cutout.) and pushing so hard you crack the hard plastic shell in otherwords impossible. the ideal would be to cut the rubber out in the shape of the battery lid compartment. on the rubber part, then assembling with the hard casing. so you remove the tension off the added thickness.

Cool. Thanks for the detailed description. I hate to mangle new case, but I may have to do that. Wonder if cutting out the battery compartment rubber part may reduce shock resistance of the case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

As i'm sure some of you have been trying to find a case that fits the 2000mah kit from Samsung and having a lot of trouble? well being a case whore i'm building a collective list of cases which do or do not fit, if you have any info please PM me and i'll add your results to the list, please PM fitting and non fitting cases, but please CTRL+F and search for the case your going to PM me incase it's already on the list. without further ado;

DOES FIT

[CM014056] Case-Mate Tough (However it is very tight, and ideally need the rear rubber being trimmed OR removed back cover)
    [CM015699] Case-Mate Safe skin (Fits but has a loose area below camera)
    [EF-C1A2B*EC] Samsung Galaxy S2 Flip Cover (Rear side cut out around battery cover, perfect fit)
    [EF-CA12P] Samsung Leather Pouch Case (Tight but fits, some screen protectors may dislodge)
    [Not Known] Samsung D30 Galaxy S II Leather Slip Case (Tight but fits, some screen protectors may dislodge)
    [EF-C1A2LBEC] Samsung Galaxy S II Leather Pouch Case (Fits fine)
    [Not Known] SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid EX (Fits fine)
    [Not Known] SGP Linear Series (Fits)
    [Not Known] SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Neo Hybrid (Fits but has a loose area below camera)
    [Not Known] SGP Neo Ultra capsule (Fits)
    [F8M136EBC00] Belkin Samsung Galaxy Swell Grip Graphix (Fits but loose around camera area)
    [Not Known] Nillkin TPU (Nearly Perfect)
    [SAM4-I9100-20-E4OTR_A] Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy S2 (Fits, slightly loose area above the extended battery cover)
    [ICPSAI9100D1D] i Case Pro (Fits)
    [Not Known] Aeonaz POLARBEAR (Light modification required)
    [Not Known] Zenus Air Jacket
    [3BSSGXF41] PDair Leather Case Flip Type
    [Not Known] Rearth Ringke Case
    [CM014641] Case-Mate Pop Case

DOES NOT FIT

[CM014048] Case-Mate Barely There Case (Will not clip on at all)

[SAMGS2CCBL] Samsung Genuine Mesh Vent Case (Will no clip on at all)
    [EEB-U20BBUG] Samsung S2 Power Pack (Cannot align usb connector without damage)
    [EF-GS2L] Samsung Moulded Leather Flip Case (clips cannot stretch to phone body due to moulded back)
    The SGP Neo EX fits (as expected) and the Akiba Metal Slider from Taiwan also fits the extended battery. The cover is also removable with the slider case on.

6439971575_263985e45d_b.jpg

6439975593_b76defd85c_b.jpg

6439976347_7b39fd8ee7_b.jpg
    Thought I'd post up some pics of my 2 cases so far.

First is this black TPU case from eBay. Made an offer for $4 AUD delivered, and received it in 2 days from Sydney. Win. It fits the 2000mAh kit very well with only the slightest gap below the camera. I stuck a bit of double-sided tape inside and it's done the trick nicely.

The back of the case is a nice smooth matte texture in black. The front is raised above the screen and is a glossy black finish. Initially I didn't like gloss, but now it I think it blends nicely with the gorgeous SGS2 screen.

The second case was also purchased from eBay, and is a combination TPU and hard plastic case with a built-in stand, much like the Casemate Pop case. This was even cheaper at $2.59, but took about a week longer to arrive as it came from China.

For all intents and purposes, this case is very similar to the first case with the smooth matte black backing, and gloss black front. But this case has a transparent clear plastic component which includes a built-in stand. I've seen the Casemate Pop in person and I much prefer this subtle look over the Casemate's shiny plastic.

The kickstand works well, but only works in landscape mode. Unlike the Casemate, it won't work in portrait mode.

The case can also accommodate the 2000mAh battery kit, but the sides of the case have to stretch ever so slightly due to the hard plastic of the kickstand, and this means that the front sides of the case do not sit completely flush with the screen. A little of the SGS2 metal skin is exposed as a result. Check the pictures to see what I mean. Without the 2000mAh battery, it's a perfect fit.

For $2.59, I can live with the slight stretching. I'm hoping that the case give a little after some use, but it's no big deal.

For daily use I'll probably use the first case, and when travelling I'll use the kickstand case so that i can watch videos in comfort =)
    Also, this is my take on the Momax iCase Pro, just for your future reference.

I like this case a lot (Y)
    Correction!

(wtf I'm too new to post a link??)
    www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=5tHvfEtsvUg (Go to 6:45)
    The CaseMate Pop case actually does(!) fit the 2000mAh battery cover.
    I was looking all over to see whether this would fit or not, and I found this page and (a few others apparently did) asking about the case's compatibility with the battery cover. I was discouraged by this page's statement that it wouldn't fit, but I FOUND VIDEO EVIDENCE! And low and behold, it clearly does fit. Please fix this on the list (and maybe include the youtube URL for those who aren't sure) to prevent discouraging anyone else who has this case from buying the battery. Thanks :D