Accessories Case / Screen protectors

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
According to the Google Store, the only screen protector - as of now - that is "officially" rated to work properly with the FP scanner is the Case Mate variant, it's a flexible/non glass one.

I sifted through most ebay/Amazon P7 Pro screen protector offers that are available, and oddly enough most tempered glass screen protectors have a warning message that states that the FP scanner won't work due to a technical limiation.

Hopefully that doesn't mean that no glass screen protector will work.

--

Concerning cases, I planned on getting a Paralax from Caseology, but it seems that they changed their design. The P6 Pro had a wonderful two-toned design (gold colored accent on the camera hub and centered in the middle, with the black variant), that is now a boring/terrible grey-ish accent. So I'm not sure yet what kind of Case I'm going for.

The Caseology Athlex (a new case) looks promising, since it has a dent in the middle to rest your finger, but the neon colors on it are ridicolous.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Samuel Holland

Spigen most thin option(I think tough armor it's called), and Whitestone Dome like always(there taking preorders and shopping soon). Whitestone dome was $19.99 for two.
I hope this can help someone.

Spigen tough armor

Whitestone Dome

Last edited:
Reactions: ei8htohms

jbaysingar

Oct 19, 2009
Spigen most thin option(I think tough armor it's called), and Whitestone Dome like always(there taking preorders and shopping soon). Whitestone dome was $19.99 for two.
I hope this can help someone.
IIRC, the Thin Fit is Spigen's thinnest model, and the Tough Armor is actually bulkier than the Thin Fit, Liquid Air, and Rugged Armor models.

I went with the Spigen Liquid Air. It's what I've got on my current phone. It hits the right balance for me between protection and bulk. FYI, though; some people don't like it because it's possible for stuff to get in the grooves in the triangle texture on the back. It doesn't bother me - I just brush it off, and it's fine - but I thought I'd mention it just in case that's something that's an issue for anyone.

Samuel Holland

IIRC, the Thin Fit is Spigen's thinnest model, and the Tough Armor is actually bulkier than the Thin Fit, Liquid Air, and Rugged Armor models.

I went with the Spigen Liquid Air. It's what I've got on my current phone. It hits the right balance for me between protection and bulk. FYI, though; some people don't like it because it's possible for stuff to get in the grooves in the triangle texture on the back. It doesn't bother me - I just brush it off, and it's fine - but I thought I'd mention it just in case that's something that's an issue for anyone.
Also, been using Spigen Thin Fit on my prior devices which works for me!📱
Thanks, and yes, for me it needs to fit in my work shirt; I have thin fit on m yOnePlus 8 & 9 pro. I'm thinking a good chance, I'm gonna have to get another case, but I didn't see thin fit so I figured I'd try the tough option. Thanks for the heads up. I see on Spigen website, they have it along with a charger for free w/purchase.

Last edited:

jbaysingar

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks, and yes, for me it needs to fit in my work shirt; I have thin fit on m yOnePlus 8 & 9 pro. I'm thinking a good chance, I'm gonna have to get another case, but I didn't see thin fit so I figured I'd try the tough option. Thanks for the heads up.
I hear ya. I'm not sure what's up with Spigen P7 Pro cases on Amazon right now. I had to go to Amazon's "Spigen Store" page to find the Liquid Air because it didn't show up in the search results for whatever reason.

FWIW, according to the Spigen website a P7 Pro version of the Thin Fit does exist, they just don't seem to be currently selling it on Amazon for whatever reason.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

universil

Jun 21, 2010
Aberdeen
I have ordered the luxurious bellroy leather case again, (same as for pixel 6 pro), and also the caseology one.
UK costs,
£49 and 16.99.
Both great cases.

yaddam205

Nov 4, 2014
According to the Google Store, the only screen protector - as of now - that is "officially" rated to work properly with the FP scanner is the Case Mate variant, it's a flexible/non glass one.

I sifted through most ebay/Amazon P7 Pro screen protector offers that are available, and oddly enough most tempered glass screen protectors have a warning message that states that the FP scanner won't work due to a technical limiation.

Hopefully that doesn't mean that no glass screen protector will work.

--

Concerning cases, I planned on getting a Paralax from Caseology, but it seems that they changed their design. The P6 Pro had a wonderful two-toned design (gold colored accent on the camera hub and centered in the middle, with the black variant), that is now a boring/terrible grey-ish accent. So I'm not sure yet what kind of Case I'm going for.

The Caseology Athlex (a new case) looks promising, since it has a dent in the middle to rest your finger, but the neon colors on it are ridicolous.
Where did you find the glass screen protectors? I only found one on Amazon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered this tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and I'm 100% satisfied. And I'm very particular about screen protectors. Install went smoothly and it's virtually invisible! The fit is unbelievably accurate! No hole punch cutout for selfie camera and fingerprint sensor works great! It's as if it's not even there.. I only wish it came with a small one for the rear camera as well.

3 Pack Ultra Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 7 Pro 3D Curved Tempered Glass Shield Support Fingerprint Unlocking, Scratch & Impact Protection, Full HD Clear & Smooth Touch for Pixel 7 Pro 5G (transparent) https://a.co/d/hwONVkl
    Bought a Spigen Tough Armour but returned it. Added a bit too much bulk and out of the cases I tried, it was the only one that resulted in my screen protector starting to peel off in a couple of the corners. It also made the phone look a bit s**t for me when in the hand, more so than the photos did.

I don't think Otterbox are going to release the Strada folio case for this device (they didn't on the Pixel 6 Pro) so I've gone for something similar. Not cheap, but looks fantastic and is genuine leather, not the PU rubbish that falls apart after 6 months. My only concern is the lack of perforations for the earpiece, but should still be usable with a bit more volume.

1667984711653.png
    It arrived a few hours back. Goes on lovely and feels great in the hand. You can tell it will last for some time, highly recommended, Some pics attached.

The rear is completely protected, I put some tape either side of the black lens protector, but it can't be seen.
    I've been using film protectors on any phone with a curved screen until now. I decided to bite the bullet and go with whitestone for the 7 pro. I managed to get 20% off on preorder which helped me with the decision. I have never installed a loca glue protector before, but I watched several videos ahead of time. I prepped everything when i got it, double checked that I had everything the way I wanted it, then went ahead with the install. The first time installing a whitestone and it went perfect! I am so happy to have a tempered glass protector on my phone :)

In regards to the case, I have the Google chalk, and both spigen ultra hybrids (clear & black). All work well and have no interference with the screen protector.
    Not on this one, downloaded compass app, smooth with zero issues.
    Aramid fiber case from AliExpress is very nice...

photo_2022-10-22_18-03-37 (Custom).jpg
    Not sure what people complain about. The modem on my P6P works pretty much exactly like every other phone I've ever had.

Anybody know if a P6P case will fit on a P7P? They seem pretty close to identical.
    Also, been using Spigen Thin Fit on my prior devices which works for me!📱
    The IMBZBK is junk for a UV kit. One of the protectors didn't even have the protective film on the back but they stuck the peel sticker on the back. Since there was no protective film pretty much -1 protector right out of the box. I've done tons of LOCA installs without a hitch so I am very experienced. I think there's an issue with their kit because they use these little annoying plugs to hold the protector in place. The black hammer used to slowly lower the protector to the screen also wobbles around quite a bit and doesn't stay straight.

First protector had a huge area where I could see newton rings basically it wasn't touching the screen and as a result the adhesive didn't fill that area. Second one the same thing happened but it eventually filled the area but then formed small bubbles. I'd say I could have gotten a defective kit, but considering 1 of the 3 protectors was DOA I'm inclined to think it's a junk product. I think the plugs are too tight and causes the protector to lift from the screen enough to cause the issue I had during installation. Just go with a film and use it until your Whitestone comes.
    I bought 2 cases and one screen protector:

The Bellroy Leather case in Bluestone from the Google Store:

The Spigen Thin Fit in Metal Slate:

The Spigen Neo Flex Screen Protector:

1 - The Bellroy leather case is a bit disappointing. I've had 2 of their cases in the past for other Pixel variants and I've been mostly happy with them. But I feel like with each iteration they use less and less leather. This year seems to be the least amount of leather I've ever felt and I really can't justify the price. I mean I'll probably keep it but it's kind of a rip off. I'll give this a 3 out of 5.

2 - The Spigen Thin Fit is quite comparable to the Bellroy case. It's not leather but actually feels sort of the same. They're both a bit on the slippery side, honestly. I actually think I prefer the Spigen case, though, just because it seems slightly more protective and the camera covering is a little more robust than the Bellroy. I'll give this a 4 out of 5.

3 - The Spigen Neo Flex is a nice screen protector. I have no complaints. I've been going the Whitestone Dome route these past few years but I didn't feel like waiting for it. I'll probably just keep this one on as it's doing the job and I have no complaints. Pretty easy installation. I have zero lint and zero bubbles. So that's a win. And you really don't notice that it's even on the phone. I give this one a 5 out of 5.