Accessories Case / Screen protectors

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Where did you find the glass screen protectors? I only found one on Amazon.
I looked through most European Ebay and Amazon sites (France, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK...) and there were dozens of models, not sure if those are available in the US (if you didn't find many, I assume you're not from Europe).

trevagreene

Jan 8, 2011
Melbourne
Spigen most thin option(I think tough armor it's called), and Whitestone Dome like always(there taking preorders and shopping soon). Whitestone dome was $19.99 for two.
I hope this can help someone.

Spigen tough armor

Whitestone Dome

Never used the Whitesone Dome protectors. Do these generally go edge to edge ? In other words are they case friendly ?

drmorrowa2

Dec 8, 2020
Google Pixel 7 Pro
+1 for Spigen Liguid Air. Just wish it came in colors that coordinate with the available colors of the device. :( the hazel variety of the case on the google store is not in stock.

I've always gone with skinomi, becuase I like the matte screen protectors, but the one for the P7P has a notch where the front camera is instead of a hole. That's a deal breaker for my OCD self. Anybody else like the matte screen protectors?

Reactions: Aphex13

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Just wish it came in colors that coordinate with the available colors of the device. :(
It seems that all cases this year for the P7 Pro have worsened in terms of colours. My favourite cases have all changed, and not to the better. And the ones that haven't changed don't really fit with the P7 Pro base colours. It's a pity.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My wife and I always use OtterBox Defender cases, and some kind of tempered glass screen protectors. I ordered the two black OtterBox Defender Pro cases for the P7P from Verizon, because they're on sale there, but only that color and variety. I ordered one Whitestone Dome kit (two protectors) directly from Whitestone with a 10% off promo code. Same combination we use with our Pixel 6 Pros.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have the Caseology Parallax (Ash gray) for my Pixel 6 Pro. I really like it and it has served me well, but I wanna try something different for my P7P. I'm hesitating between the Spigen Rugged Armor and Caseology Athlex.

swiftsnake

May 29, 2016
Anybody know if a P6P case will fit on a P7P? They seem pretty close to identical.
My understanding is that they won't. At the very least, the power and volume buttons are at slightly very different positions. I've heard (I think from MKBHD or the Verge's reporting) that the change in screen curvature and slightly different overall dimensions will require new cases.

I've always been a tech 21 fan, and I've ordered the evo check for the P7P. Even though I have the case buying disease, I kind of keep coming back to tech 21 cases.

Docavelli

May 8, 2009
psst... right behind you
I use a dbrand skin and Spigen Thin Fit case. When I'm out and want to show off my phone, I like to ditch the case. The color combo of the skin always draws attention. Especially with the distinct visor of the pixel.

This year I'm also getting a clear Ringke case as well. I usually don't like how clear cases look but we'll see.

Ringke Fusion [Minimalist Fit] Compatible with Google Pixel 7 Pro Case 5G, Transparent Elegant Look Minimal Bulk Cover for Women, Men - Clear https://a.co/d/1Ngpq6x

As for screen protectors. I've been using this cheap brand for years with no complaints. They're not oleophobic but they are easy to apply, take hits well and it has worked well with the 6pros FP reader. So I anticipate no problems with the 7 pro.

(2 Pack) Supershieldz Designed for Google (Pixel 7 Pro) Screen Protector, High Definition Clear Shield (TPU) https://a.co/d/fHxcHJQ

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I use a dbrand skin and Spigen Thin Fit case. When I'm out and want to show off my phone, I like to ditch the case. The color combo of the skin always draws attention. Especially with the distinct visor of the pixel.

This year I'm also getting a clear Ringke case as well. I usually don't like how clear cases look but we'll see.

Ringke Fusion [Minimalist Fit] Compatible with Google Pixel 7 Pro Case 5G, Transparent Elegant Look Minimal Bulk Cover for Women, Men - Clear https://a.co/d/1Ngpq6x

As for screen protectors. I've been using this cheap brand for years with no complaints. They're not oleophobic but they are easy to apply, take hits well and it has worked well with the 6pros FP reader. So I anticipate no problems with the 7 pro.

(2 Pack) Supershieldz Designed for Google (Pixel 7 Pro) Screen Protector, High Definition Clear Shield (TPU) https://a.co/d/fHxcHJQ
I wish the Thin Fit came in clear, so I went with the Ringke Fusion as the case selection on launch day was slim.

It just arrived today and it seems like an alright case but I was hoping for it to be a bit slimmer.
It has a bit more thickness in all regards compared to my no-name slim Pixel 6 Pro case. The top and bottom lip are a bit tall and it has the "sound tunnel" that the Thin Fit has. Volume up button has a pretty large and pointy dot on it. Lanyard loop is almost flush with the case side, which is nice because the photos made it seem like it stuck out pretty far.
Seems like it will be decent for drop protection, but I don't know how long the case will hold up because TPU+PC cases can sometimes fall apart at where they are bonded because of fatigue from removing the case.

More cases have started showing up on Amazon and I've ordered three no-name slim clear TPU cases so I'll see soon which one is the slimmest.

Docavelli

May 8, 2009
psst... right behind you
I wish the Thin Fit came in clear, so I went with the Ringke Fusion as the case selection on launch day was slim.

It just arrived today and it seems like an alright case but I was hoping for it to be a bit slimmer.
It has a bit more thickness in all regards compared to my no-name slim Pixel 6 Pro case. The top and bottom lip are a bit tall and it has the "sound tunnel" that the Thin Fit has. Volume up button has a pretty large and pointy dot on it. Lanyard loop is almost flush with the case side, which is nice because the photos made it seem like it stuck out pretty far.
Seems like it will be decent for drop protection, but I don't know how long the case will hold up because TPU+PC cases can sometimes fall apart at where they are bonded because of fatigue from removing the case.

More cases have started showing up on Amazon and I've ordered three no-name slim clear TPU cases so I'll see soon which one is the slimmest.
My Ringke Fusion just arrived as well. I've never used one. It's an ok case. I'm interested to see how it handles scratches as well. It does confirm that the 7 pro is slightly smaller than the 6 pro.

JamesR913

Dec 23, 2008
Has anyone tried a latercase? They seem like the thinnest possible cases available which is what I'm looking for

raejr78

Jan 6, 2011
Savannah, GA
I ordered 3 cases. I have the Cyrill TPU case in Kale, Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case, and the Spigen Rugged Armor case coming in this weekend. Also just pre-ordered the Whitestone Dome screen protector for $19.99 plus shipping for the 2-pack on their site.

McTerry

Ordered the UAG Scout Series case realizing it will probably be too thick for my old first gen Pixel Stand but willing to sacrifice that for protection. The old Pixel stand has been giving me realign fits for a while now so it's probably on its last legs anyway.

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
Does anyone have any experience with the official Google cases? I pre-ordered the chalk one as I liked the aesthetic but read some iffy reviews of their official Pixel 6 cases. Considering whether to cancel and go with a different brand now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered this tempered glass screen protector from Amazon and I'm 100% satisfied. And I'm very particular about screen protectors. Install went smoothly and it's virtually invisible! The fit is unbelievably accurate! No hole punch cutout for selfie camera and fingerprint sensor works great! It's as if it's not even there.. I only wish it came with a small one for the rear camera as well.

3 Pack Ultra Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 7 Pro 3D Curved Tempered Glass Shield Support Fingerprint Unlocking, Scratch & Impact Protection, Full HD Clear & Smooth Touch for Pixel 7 Pro 5G (transparent) https://a.co/d/hwONVkl

So the Nillkin case is taking its sweet time to arrive...
    I didn't like the Rugged Armor much, so I got a Caseology Athlex case and OMG I love how it feels in the hand. This one is gonna be hard to beat. Absolutely love it.
    Bought a Spigen Tough Armour but returned it. Added a bit too much bulk and out of the cases I tried, it was the only one that resulted in my screen protector starting to peel off in a couple of the corners. It also made the phone look a bit s**t for me when in the hand, more so than the photos did.

I don't think Otterbox are going to release the Strada folio case for this device (they didn't on the Pixel 6 Pro) so I've gone for something similar. Not cheap, but looks fantastic and is genuine leather, not the PU rubbish that falls apart after 6 months. My only concern is the lack of perforations for the earpiece, but should still be usable with a bit more volume.

1667984711653.png
    It arrived a few hours back. Goes on lovely and feels great in the hand. You can tell it will last for some time, highly recommended, Some pics attached.

The rear is completely protected, I put some tape either side of the black lens protector, but it can't be seen.
    I've been using film protectors on any phone with a curved screen until now. I decided to bite the bullet and go with whitestone for the 7 pro. I managed to get 20% off on preorder which helped me with the decision. I have never installed a loca glue protector before, but I watched several videos ahead of time. I prepped everything when i got it, double checked that I had everything the way I wanted it, then went ahead with the install. The first time installing a whitestone and it went perfect! I am so happy to have a tempered glass protector on my phone :)

In regards to the case, I have the Google chalk, and both spigen ultra hybrids (clear & black). All work well and have no interference with the screen protector.
    Aramid fiber case from AliExpress is very nice...

photo_2022-10-22_18-03-37 (Custom).jpg
    Not sure what people complain about. The modem on my P6P works pretty much exactly like every other phone I've ever had.

Anybody know if a P6P case will fit on a P7P? They seem pretty close to identical.
    Also, been using Spigen Thin Fit on my prior devices which works for me!📱
    The IMBZBK is junk for a UV kit. One of the protectors didn't even have the protective film on the back but they stuck the peel sticker on the back. Since there was no protective film pretty much -1 protector right out of the box. I've done tons of LOCA installs without a hitch so I am very experienced. I think there's an issue with their kit because they use these little annoying plugs to hold the protector in place. The black hammer used to slowly lower the protector to the screen also wobbles around quite a bit and doesn't stay straight.

First protector had a huge area where I could see newton rings basically it wasn't touching the screen and as a result the adhesive didn't fill that area. Second one the same thing happened but it eventually filled the area but then formed small bubbles. I'd say I could have gotten a defective kit, but considering 1 of the 3 protectors was DOA I'm inclined to think it's a junk product. I think the plugs are too tight and causes the protector to lift from the screen enough to cause the issue I had during installation. Just go with a film and use it until your Whitestone comes.
    I bought 2 cases and one screen protector:

The Bellroy Leather case in Bluestone from the Google Store:

The Spigen Thin Fit in Metal Slate:

The Spigen Neo Flex Screen Protector:

1 - The Bellroy leather case is a bit disappointing. I've had 2 of their cases in the past for other Pixel variants and I've been mostly happy with them. But I feel like with each iteration they use less and less leather. This year seems to be the least amount of leather I've ever felt and I really can't justify the price. I mean I'll probably keep it but it's kind of a rip off. I'll give this a 3 out of 5.

2 - The Spigen Thin Fit is quite comparable to the Bellroy case. It's not leather but actually feels sort of the same. They're both a bit on the slippery side, honestly. I actually think I prefer the Spigen case, though, just because it seems slightly more protective and the camera covering is a little more robust than the Bellroy. I'll give this a 4 out of 5.

3 - The Spigen Neo Flex is a nice screen protector. I have no complaints. I've been going the Whitestone Dome route these past few years but I didn't feel like waiting for it. I'll probably just keep this one on as it's doing the job and I have no complaints. Pretty easy installation. I have zero lint and zero bubbles. So that's a win. And you really don't notice that it's even on the phone. I give this one a 5 out of 5.