Case with Uncovered Buttons?

Search This thread

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
I have the spigen slim case that has the top and bottoms exposed along with the power and volume buttons exposed. The problem is I have dropped my phone a few times and scuffed the metal. I would like more of TPU or really anything with a bit more protections but with the power and volume buttons cut out as in no coverings for them. From looking through amazon, google and searching the case thread here as well as all threads in accessories I haven't been able to find anything.

Anyone know of any cases without the buttons covered but with a bit more protection than the spigen one with the top and bottom of the phone completely exposed?

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
Look up Centra case. Good for drop protection, on all sides, minus the display. You'll need a TGSP for that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I am looking for. Only thing I hate about the spigen is the top and bottom being uncovered and this looks to be a similar style case.

Link from Amazon for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AGOHZC0/

Reactions: asianrage

masters

Dec 23, 2006
Bay Point
I had the spigeon but didn't like the covered buttons. You lose the click.

I also have the the cruzerlite and I like it much better. It feels durable. It also is fine with a screen protector.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Feb 8, 2010
I've been using and loving Cruzerlite cases for years (Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and now Nexus 6P).

http://www.amazon.com/HUAWEI-Cruzerlite-Bugdroid-Circuit-Compatible/dp/B01612AK4Q

Cutouts where they belong, thin enough to not add much bulk, never had encountered phone damage despite many drops.

Are the buttons covered or uncovered with the Cruzerlite case? I thought Cruzerlite cases had uncovered buttons but their website product description says otherwise.
Precise cutouts provide easy access to all ports while buttons have been covered for protection from daily use.

alphaschnitz

Feb 26, 2011
Not sure if they have changed the design since I bought my cases (Feb 2016), but my buttons are UNcovered, but still protected, if that makes sense.

The detail photos on their website add to the confusion given that they're black case on black phone.

I've attached pix of my red case on my gold Nexus 6P.
Looking straight-on at the side of the phone (pic1), you can see the gold-tone of my buttons through the button cut-outs.

Looking at the face of the phone (pic2), the lip that wraps around to protect the screen is chamfered/grooved. With this chamfer, the buttons are ever-so-slightly recessed to prevent damage or accidental pressings, yet still very easy to find/identify by touch alone.

Hope this helps!
Sean

Reactions: MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look up Centra case. Good for drop protection, on all sides, minus the display. You'll need a TGSP for that.

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I am looking for. Only thing I hate about the spigen is the top and bottom being uncovered and this looks to be a similar style case.

Link from Amazon for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AGOHZC0/
    Not sure if they have changed the design since I bought my cases (Feb 2016), but my buttons are UNcovered, but still protected, if that makes sense.

The detail photos on their website add to the confusion given that they're black case on black phone.

I've attached pix of my red case on my gold Nexus 6P.
    Looking straight-on at the side of the phone (pic1), you can see the gold-tone of my buttons through the button cut-outs.

Looking at the face of the phone (pic2), the lip that wraps around to protect the screen is chamfered/grooved. With this chamfer, the buttons are ever-so-slightly recessed to prevent damage or accidental pressings, yet still very easy to find/identify by touch alone.

Hope this helps!
    Sean
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone