Cases for ZU

Search This thread

MrSewerPickle

Aug 17, 2010
Frisco
In reference to where the Incipio Dual Pro can be purchased:

I'm not sure were to order it now. I have one for my XZL and it provides decent protection. It won't protect much against flexing or any horizontal stress but again its a pretty good case.

The oddest part is that it is by far the most "rugged" case for the Ultra. I thought by now that most phones have the option of a truly rugged case but for some strange reason that isn't the rule with the Ultra. I understand that some people like no cases and some enjoy TPUs and that's fine but options are always better than none at all.

I'm honestly not surprised you can't really find it anywhere because again, its about as rugged as you are going to get for the Ultra and the ONLY rugged case for the phone (surprise why its sold out now?)

The ultra may be the best phone I've ever owned but I would love to know why there are lack of rugged cases for it. If a manufacturer did make one for the phone they could really cash in (assuming they Z Ultra is still selling good)

Reactions: lexdad86

Torguy

Aug 31, 2014
In reference to where the Incipio Dual Pro can be purchased:

I'm not sure were to order it now. I have one for my XZL and it provides decent protection. It won't protect much against flexing or any horizontal stress but again its a pretty good case.

The oddest part is that it is by far the most "rugged" case for the Ultra. I thought by now that most phones have the option of a truly rugged case but for some strange reason that isn't the rule with the Ultra. I understand that some people like no cases and some enjoy TPUs and that's fine but options are always better than none at all.

I'm honestly not surprised you can't really find it anywhere because again, its about as rugged as you are going to get for the Ultra and the ONLY rugged case for the phone (surprise why its sold out now?)

The ultra may be the best phone I've ever owned but I would love to know why there are lack of rugged cases for it. If a manufacturer did make one for the phone they could really cash in (assuming they Z Ultra is still selling good)

I actually just the Incipio Dual Pro case for my new Z Ultra, got it from Pacific mall for those located in Toronto Canada.

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Given the recent price drops just about everywhere, I'm sure the last of the ZU stock is selling quite well. I'm one such new owner. That said, I'm wishing there was a better selection of cases. I'm finding tons, but the thing is, they're all so similar to each other. Especially all the cheap Chinese cases. I've looked everywhere... Quality cases that stand out from the crowd is what we're missing. There are a few, yes, but I'm a bit disappointed that companies like Otterbox and Seidio opted not to make a nice rugged case.

I made an order over the weekend for the cognac Stilgut leather book type case, but haven't really seen any reviews for it. Seen a couple generic comments about it, and other commentary about Stilgut cases for other phones - even then, not much in English. From the looks of it, those looking for a high quality and very elegant looking case, this is the brand to get. I've always been a fan of German craftsmanship, and this one being handmade with genuine leather, I'm confident that I'll be very happy when my shipment arrives. I might post a full review with pics, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Triflot

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Just bought the black off of Amazon. There are some glowing reviews for it on there, so take a look.

Yeah, I seen those reviews. It did help with my decision to buy - and I would have bought from Amazon too, but they wouldn't ship to Canada, so I was stuck buying straight from Stilgut.
Here's a pretty good video review showing one of their cases made for the HTC One M8, if you'd like to get an idea of what to expect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJgolOgnPo

And now a question for everyone... I typically get 3-4 cases for each phone I have, each for different use case scenerios. That said, what's the best wallet case? There seems to be tons of them to choose from, most of them fake leather, and most cheap Chinese made. I prefer real leather with a premium look and feel, and I don't mind paying for quality. Afterall, I did buy the Stilgut for when I'm going for the classy look. As for wallet cases, I've been considering the one from Tuff-luv. I already have the Tuff-luv wallet for my old Nexus 4, and while I love that it's real leather, it still comes off as a little cheaply made. The magnetic clasp was misaligned by a few millimeters, and the TPU the phone clips into feels a bit cheap as well. Any other suggestions?

buatcintaku

Dec 29, 2011
Badas, Kediri
TPU case S line that i use
577671_201408251117020536.png

waiting for imak clear case, bumpercase screwless

lovehoshi

Nov 28, 2010
ATL
Given the recent price drops just about everywhere, I'm sure the last of the ZU stock is selling quite well. I'm one such new owner. That said, I'm wishing there was a better selection of cases. I'm finding tons, but the thing is, they're all so similar to each other. Especially all the cheap Chinese cases. I've looked everywhere... Quality cases that stand out from the crowd is what we're missing. There are a few, yes, but I'm a bit disappointed that companies like Otterbox and Seidio opted not to make a nice rugged case.

I made an order over the weekend for the cognac Stilgut leather book type case, but haven't really seen any reviews for it. Seen a couple generic comments about it, and other commentary about Stilgut cases for other phones - even then, not much in English. From the looks of it, those looking for a high quality and very elegant looking case, this is the brand to get. I've always been a fan of German craftsmanship, and this one being handmade with genuine leather, I'm confident that I'll be very happy when my shipment arrives. I might post a full review with pics, if anyone is interested.

I just received my Stilgut leather case today and have to say that it is very beautiful.

I got this one:
http://www.amazon.com/StilGut®-Ultr...id=1411341384&sr=8-1&keywords=stilgut+z+ultra

Now I'm trying to find a magnetic charger that can be used with this case on, because my MAGTRON adapter does not work - it's too thick... (That would be the only complaint I have with this case.)
Finding the right accessories for this phone is a pain but definitely worth the search cause this phone is a beast.

Last edited:

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
I'm liking the SPA-ACX3 a lot for my qx10 lens/camera. Quality is good, price is quite steep as it's genuine Sony.

caB2YZP.jpg

Last edited:

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
Sure:

All slots are there except the microsd bay, which makes sense. Very good fit. Clear back is solid perspex.

Afraid the cup of tea and bathroom don't come with it.

I've had mine a few months and take it out of the case every night to fit in my charger, and it's fine, no wear or tear. I hear the cheaper ones come apart by the perspex but this one's pretty solid.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry for necroposting but the case you have looks different from the Muvit website. The camera cutout is different for example. Are you sure they are the same case?

http://mymuvit.net/muvit/control/productDetails?productId=SEBMC0017

momonmac

Oct 11, 2014
^ I purchased the above case based on your recommendation. :good:

Hope it's really good as you say it is.

jess91

Nov 9, 2014
Anybody try the "shockproof" cases on the bay (google 231232678454)?

It looks like a knock-off Incipio DualPro with a magnetic charger cutout which I need. I would have purchased the DualPro otherwise despite the slightly ridiculous price tag.

It is a shame there's no really good durable (Otterbox like option) with magnetic charger cutout.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Being in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Bangkok these past few days. I've ran around and tried most of the cases posted in this thread. They all feel really cheap and ****ty, and ruin the z ultra imo. I despise gel tpu cases particularly, so seeing how most of the flip cases are tpu mixed with crappy stiff and crappily textured flip covers, I couldn't bear to put my phone in any of them.

But anyway after scouring shops all over shanghai, hong kong and bangkok, I finally got 2 I find acceptable for now.

First is my pocket mode case. It adds very little, and has no flip bulk.

A perfectly molded half-case Nillkin with a grippy but clean textured plastic (someone else linked here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nillkin-Mat...y-Xperia-Z-Ultra-ZU-C6802-XL39h-/141031317546) I bought it on taobao for less than 5 US dollars shipped to my shanghai apartment.

For my second case, a flip case, it took me much longer to find one...
    I tried on a ton of other cases in hong kong (while i was there a couple days ago to fix my second Z Ultra with dead screen defect), most of the ones posted already in this thread. All were disappointingly bad, at least to me... but I have high demand for a flip case. I can go on and on about why certain cases are horrible but I'll just say what I do want.

I am looking for something that has basic protection from drops and impact. Looks great, and equally important that it feels great in my hands, and finally isn't a pain to remove (so i can dock on dk30 at home).

The flip cover I found today.

Here it is.

nKymJDUl.jpg

texture: stiff cardboard covered by soft foam-like material. Grippy texture unlike the cheap plastic ipad trifold ones.
    Overall size is larger than other cases since it protects differently than others. The protruding edges protect, rather than having an actual side being covered by material. I prefer this as I hate cheap material covering up the nice glass and metal feel of the phone. But since it's slightly larger now in footprint, and grippier in nature, I will only use this case when I go out with my day bag. My pockets hate this case.

yLPKE6yl.jpg

So since protection is provided by the front and back face's protruding edges, they only use a minimal number and size of tabs to hold the phone in place. NO cheap feeling TPU. I LOVE this design. You can argue that the phone isn't as protected since there's no cover clasp but i'm not too worried.

Tabs on the right are stiff plastic that the phone SLIDES (no snapping, no prying) into. Then..

s98cjj9l.jpg

...the left side very comfortably and every so satisfyingly slides into the RUBBER tab on the left side of the phone. This rubber tab happens to cover the magnetic dock port.

vXKj48pl.jpg

I love the feeling of pushing the phone into the left tab. The fit is great.

j0oSAhgl.jpg

The "stand" mode actually stays up and is stable. I've tried this stand mode on other flip covers and they all fail to stand up. The trifold ones are laughable, they don't even stand up and the others move and slide without even touching them. This one stands great since the texture of the case is slightly grippy in nature. (not sure how it'll react to skin oil over time though)

BONUS
    yjZRoQDl.jpg

pVD7G75l.jpg

when I got home I found out it's designed to fit with the dk30 (actually i think they just got lucky with this)
    I personally hate how this looks and I'll personally just remove the phone from the case to use the dock since it's so easy to do with this case but I'm sure some of you care about not having to remove the case to use the dock - so here are pics.

It's made by Kaso Workshop, I paid 15usd equiv for it.
    The origin case from Sony (Malaysia) actually quite awesome. :D

I get it free during purchase the phone.

9421353884_25285b4cd8_b_d.jpg

9418591345_6bb26c8ab6_b_d.jpg

9448214513_9b542e331b_b_d.jpg

9450999106_74d8c5e016_b_d.jpg
    my 4th case thus far...the cheapest by far that i've gotten and yet its by far the best

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181400289992?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

love the grip and all the cutouts are there even the magnetic charger. fits great as well.
    Just got a nice surprise in the mail today - my wife got me an awesome Rock S-View Flip Case!
    First impressions - Very happy with the fit and quality of the case. Still leaves the phone very slim and the window is very handy as it allows me to check the time and any notifications without having to flip open the cover. The window has a clear piece of plastic so it still protects the screen whilst being transparent. You can still swipe through the plastic window to use the screen to flip through any lock screen widgets you might have.

Pictures here

Product Link (blue, white and orange only - not sure where the black one went)
    Key Features of the Cover
    Slim light-weight PU leather front flip cover with transparent window that protects the front screen
    Plastic rear cover that the phone securely clips into protecting the top, bottom and corners whilst retaining access to the USB port, magnetic charging port, headphone jack, micro SD card slot, volume and power buttons
    Built in folding stand that allows you to prop up the phone to watch movies
    Front 'S-View' window allows quick access to view the lock screen including the clock, notifications and widgets. The transparent plastic window still allows you to swipe through the widgets
    I like this as well.. odd they won't ship to Canada, since that is also where I am.

I messaged the seller & he agreed to ship to Canada for free. i bought 2.
    Will post pics when they arrive :)