• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Cases that hide the camera bump

Search This thread

Celeras

Oct 19, 2009
Little disappointed to see that the official case doesn't smooth out the camera bump (though not really surprised considering it is their design choice after all). But I imagine this will be a popular request, so figured I'd get the ball rolling with a thread. Post your finds!

Reactions: adiantek_ovh

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
You can't "smooth" it out without increasing the overall bulk of a case.
What's the point?
At the same time the cam needs at least a slightly raised guard for proper protection.

I blew off the N20U because of this in favor of another N10+, to avoid Android 11 and other known issues.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Celeras

Oct 19, 2009
I've been looking since I ordered. The Spigen Tough Armor comes the closest I've seen, so far, to having a flat back.
Good find, looks pretty close if you go on their main website (extra picture that Amazon doesnt have): https://www.spigen.com/collections/...6-pro-case-tough-armor?variant=40023033937967

Much more expensive, but you get a 30W charger for free until Oct 31. Not really a deal since Amazon is ~$20 less, but almost break-even with the charger.

You can't "smooth" it out without increasing the overall bulk of a case.
What's the point?
At the same time the cam needs at least a slightly raised guard for proper protection.

I blew off the N20U because of this in favor of another N10+, to avoid Android 11 and other known issues.
Many reasons. For example. laying the device flat is important for some existing wireless charging mats. And if you own a Tesla that has something like that built in, it's not as easy as just getting a new one (might not be an issue with that specific example but we wont know until we get it).

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
This DBrand case looks like it completely hides the bump: https://dbrand.com/shop/grip/google-pixel-6-pro-cases

And their website is a hoot, too! They're very convincing with their light-hearted commentary on their products. Tempting; we'll see, I usually go with Otterbox Defender. Thanks!

In the meantime, I ordered two, one for myself and one for my wife, for now (able to return until 1/31/2021):

Myself - Spigen Tough Armor Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Case (2021) - Gunmetal

Wife - Spigen Slim Armor CS Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Case (2021) - Rose Gold

Also 2x Magglass Tempered Glass Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector (2021) UHD Full Coverage Display Guard (Case Compatible)

We've both had Otterbox Defender on our phones starting with the Pixel 1 / Pixel XL 1, so I also signed up to be notified when each of these are in stock (I assume they're gauging how much interest there is): Otterbox Pixel 6 Pro Defender / Defender Pro

I'd probably buy the blue Defender, not the Pro, although I'd likely wait until I can get it on sale.

Reactions: StrangerWeather

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
This is the one I ordered mainly for the kickstand though. I have one on my Pixel 3.

They have a good impact protection rating. Same composite design as the Zizo Bolt case with the polycarbonate retaining shell. This design can usually take a wicked multiple impact 2-4 foot drop onto concrete with zero damage and not coming apart.

Reactions: ynnek63
I see someone else already mentioned the dbrand grip case, which I'll second. I don't have mine yet, but in my research it seems to be the best option if you want to fully eliminate the hump. But I do want to point out that there are a few other "special edition" options you can get that aren't directly accessible from the main https://dbrand.com/shop/grip/google-pixel-6-pro-cases link. You have to go to the separate section of the website to get them.

If you're really looking to hide the bump, I think the teardown one does a really good job.

Teardown (Collab with JerryRigEverything)
grip_teardown-gloss_0.jpg

Icons (Collab. w/ Marques Brownlee/MKBHD)
grip_mkbhd-tripleblack_0.jpg

Robot Camo
grip_robot-camo_0.jpg

Top Liked Posts