• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cast doesn't work anymore after debloating

Search This thread

zoocha

Jan 1, 2018
Download the latest version of mi cast apk from apkmirror and install it, i also faced this issue with samsung tv, i updated the cast app manually and now its working without any issue.
I was about to complain again cause after testing it on a Samsung TV (never worked there) and uninstalling bloatware like TikTok manually with phone it stopped working again on my main TV (Hisense). It's driving me crazy cause I don't know the root of it.

Downloading the APK worked however. Thanks for this simple but powerful tip. Maybe it's an issue with permission or something similar. I can't find the Cast app itself in my settings but during the installation I had to set them and installing the APK also didn't update the app which is weird I think. It's more like it replaced it.

Does anyone know how I can access the Cast app and its settings? Maybe this will help in future.

Vipul9254

May 26, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
I was about to complain again cause after testing it on a Samsung TV (never worked there) and uninstalling bloatware like TikTok manually with phone it stopped working again on my main TV (Hisense). It's driving me crazy cause I don't know the root of it.

Downloading the APK worked however. Thanks for this simple but powerful tip. Maybe it's an issue with permission or something similar. I can't find the Cast app itself in my settings but during the installation I had to set them and installing the APK also didn't update the app which is weird I think. It's more like it replaced it.

Does anyone know how I can access the Cast app and its settings? Maybe this will help in future.
goto settings/apps/manage apps/click on three dot on upper right side corner/click on show all apps/ then serach for cast app u will see it.

Reactions: zoocha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clear the system cache, try a network reset.
    When you disable apks without knowing their purpose/dependencies and especially when you take the shotgun approach, things tend to screw up.
    Start from the beginning, again, if you can't ferret it out.

I prefer to use a package disabler app because you can easily enable/disable on the fly.
    Yes experiment. Debloat app one by one, so you know which app cause the cast to malfunction.
    Without knowing their dependencies... things can go amuck.
    Downloads looks like it has potential.
    Firewall blocking is a another option before you go full nuke. Karma Firewall uses almost no battery, a freeware VPN based firewall.
    I have a Redmi Note 7 which works. I didn't do anything with Firewalls and similar.

I read somewhere that MiShare, MiConnectService and MiPlayClient might caused the problem but it just made Cast visible in the dropdown status bar. Otherwise same problem.

Here is the debloated stuff:

Screenshot_3.png

goto settings/apps/manage apps/click on three dot on upper right side corner/click on show all apps/ then serach for cast app u will see it.