• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Cat S62 Pro OTA Updates

Search This thread

ChristGuel

May 23, 2021
Hello together,

yesterday, i try your OTA/update zip (Version 0.030.02) for CAT S62 pro, but my phone abort the update because it is the 0.029.0 Version but the phone expect 0.030.02 Version. What is the Problem?

My main Problem is, the phone reboot everytime in recovery mode. Wether the last update my phone shut down because an empty battery. Now i need the right Version of Android for this phone.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Gadgetadd1ct

Feb 10, 2021
Hello together,

yesterday, i try your OTA/update zip (Version 0.030.02) for CAT S62 pro, but my phone abort the update because it is the 0.029.0 Version but the phone expect 0.030.02 Version. What is the Problem?

My main Problem is, the phone reboot everytime in recovery mode. Wether the last update my phone shut down because an empty battery. Now i need the right Version of Android for this phone.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry for my bad english :)
Hi,
How did you force the OTA updates by USB?
I also have a Cat S62 that is stuck in fastboot and will not boot past that.
Cheers.

smilem21

Jul 21, 2021
Can anyone list all OTA update for Cat S62 Pro?
My phone has stock version 0.026.00
Flir camera version is 3.0.38 (I updated to v 3.0.44), everything works, but anybody has old version?

I blocked the android updates with RethinkDNS no-root firewall by blocking the Android process that appears when you click on updating the System ->System update.

You can block these in your router to make sure the phone does not download OS update, before you block the offending system process with the use of the RethinkDNS

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@mindkontrol

I've edited above post and removed the reference to a social media from it. As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to your post or you. Please refrain from sharing of social media in future. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Last edited:

mindkontrol

Nov 9, 2021
@mindkontrol

I've edited above post and removed the reference to a social media from it. As an exemption from the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the XDA Forum Rules, we grant only developers the privilege to share references to their social media in their own development threads. These conditions obviously don't apply to your post or you. Please refrain from sharing of social media in future. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
Oops, should have refrained from pasting the link, won't happen again. Thanks!

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

ZXR

Jan 25, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi all,
I now also own a S62pro and till now it is on 0.022.01. Updates not always make things better, so which version is the one you would recommend?
I expect it will update to the latest Android 10 and then to 11, is this correct? Should I stay at 10 then?
Best regards

dorcky

Nov 8, 2009
Hi! Anyone knows how to downgrade to back to v10 ? V11 is BAD! I made a very big mistake updating to 11. Thank`s!

chazzle001

Dec 23, 2021
If i can bump the thread for a bit... Is it strange that i have NO OEM unlocking option in developer settings? Australia is the Country., i was thinking maybe they do this to all CAT phones in Aus.

I got My s62 pro couple weeks back. The phone at times gets hot when in use and my voice sounded like i was talking under water , so the person at the other end explained. Generally the audio sounds a bit high pitched, it is a quirky phone. Could it be possible that spyware was installed whilst in transit, and the ability to access OEM unlocking was hidden so not to flash to another rom, just a possibility i was considering.

Lots to take in, hope someone can help. I tried many ways to start the rooting process using fastboot commands but always fails. Tried many solutions but seems i need to find the OEM unlock or i have an expensive paper weight. Hope someone can help. And yes i contacted CAT Support but still waiting so not sure how to proceed, has anyone else`s S62 pro had the missing OEM unlocking option . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

Top Liked Posts