General Caution Xperia 1 IV USA version XQ-CT62 bootloader unlock not allowed!

Search This thread

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010
I have a meeting with Sony tomorrow to plead our case, wish me luck.

edit: Had a good call, but no information to share yet, will post a reply at the earliest with info.

edit2 (Feb 24, 2023): Hope to have update next week, but really encourage everyone to voice their opinions on the Sony thread mentioned, they are looking!

edit3 (March 3, 2023): No update but I don't want to rush the contact I was given at Sony. Will followup next week.

edit4 (March 9th, 2023): Got my response, posted a new reply for visibility. Unfortunately :(

Last edited:

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Would it be possible to unlock the bands of the non-US phones? Should be same integrated modem afaik.

SonicSamZ

Oct 10, 2010
I wanted to do a final bump on this. Unfortunately it is not the news we were all hoping for. Sony is saying (after a very long back and forth) definitely that the US variant cannot and will not be bootloader unlocked.

Even with the information presented before, it seems it is not enough to convince them otherwise.

For me this is a dealbreaker, and I'll be switching phones.

Sorry to everyone who was waiting with baited breath.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
I wanted to do a final bump on this. Unfortunately it is not the news we were all hoping for. Sony is saying (after a very long back and forth) definitely that the US variant cannot and will not be bootloader unlocked.

Even with the information presented before, it seems it is not enough to convince them otherwise.

Try the unlocker mentioned here

DeXel55

Apr 20, 2010
SoCal

The curious part is what will happen with 1 V release. They're going to lose almost entire US customer base with this. Well, I guess back to Pixel.

D

Deleted member 2398568

I just posted a guide for unlocking the US Xperia 1 IV, working for me and others. Enjoy!

Mod edit: Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SonicSamZ
D

Deleted member 2398568

Mods removed the thread, without any warning. This community has let me down. Best of luck to you all.

• Angry
Reactions: ragu24

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
It's no surprise the thread was closed without a warning, you broke multiple XDA rules. The community did not let you down, you let yourself down posting things that clearly violated the rules.
Which rules would those be then? I just read them all and fail to see the problem

*11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something*

He ain't selling jack nor was profiting or endorsing anything, its was a site that can provide a paid software key that is the ONLY way to unlock the device bootloader for the American models.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeXel55 and kinggo2

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Which rules would those be then? I just read them all and fail to see the problem

*11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something*

He ain't selling jack, its was a site that can provide a paid software key that is the ONLY way to unlock the device bootloader for the American models.
As taken from the closed thread,rules #7, #11,#13.

https://xdaforums.com/t/xda-developers-forum-rules.4200559. If he doesn't see a problem take it up with the moderators.

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
As taken from the closed thread,rules #7, #11,#13.

https://xdaforums.com/t/xda-developers-forum-rules.4200559. If he doesn't see a problem take it up with the moderators.
Neither of those are even remotely applicable. He isn't selling or trading anything, nor was he shilling/associated/advertising/profiting from those links in any way.

Mods ****ed it and they didn't even care to warn. No wonder all the talent is migrating to other mediums in lieu of XDA

Reactions: kinggo2

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Neither of those are even remotely applicable. He isn't selling or trading anything, nor was he shilling/associated/advertising/profiting from those links in any way.

Mods ****ed it and they didn't even care to warn. No wonder all the talent is migrating to other mediums in lieu of XDA
XDA Mods are always closing threads with links to paid software or services. It's nothing new at all. They are doing their job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would encourage more users affected by issue to keep voicing their displeasure here: https://us.community.sony.com/s/que...der-unlock-is-not-possible-why?language=en_US

Seems like Verizon wanted to restrict the bootloader because they planned on selling the phone, yet that never happened, and the request to restrict bootloader unlocks was never lifted. At least that's a reasonable theory.
    D
    Deleted member 2398568
    XDA Mods are always closing threads with links to paid software or services. It's nothing new at all. They are doing their job.
    There are numerous threads with paid unlocking services for Samsung devices, and where the posters are affiliated with them or even stand to make a profit and are directly asking for money. Aren't those breaking the rules?

I never asked for money. I never claimed to be selling something, or to be affiliated with any of the links I shared.

I'm done with XDA. No appreciation at all. I put countless hours into finding this solution. Yes, I was let down by the community here.
    there is no "global" version, 62 for US, 72 for Asia, 54 for Europe. And some carrier versions for Japan.
    Oh no that's no good. I'm in ohio and typically have 5G UC on my Raven and rn on the us variant I'm pulling similar speeds. I checked bands on that international and it was only missing a lesser used one, band 41. Unless I'm mistaken..thanks for the insight though!
    this is from gsmarena, I`m not sure how accurate it is

5G bands1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6 - Europe
    1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 77, 78, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave - USA
    1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6 - Asia
    Signal is great. No issues. Actually I had the same speeds on the US model, 100mbps-400 depending on the area. I have not see anything about bravia core. Will look into that and see.
    That`s good, in my area we only have the 71 band for real 5G, and my CT72 would show 5G, but I could only get 20mb download, but when I had the CT62 that actually had the 71 band, I was able to have download speeds of 250mb,