CC9 stock ROM on CC9 Meitu Edition?

Search This thread

Asiatikone

Aug 14, 2019
Hi there. I own a CC9 Meitu Edition (bought it because of 8GB Ram and the 256GB Storage) and was a little surprised that the camera app is totally different to the normal CC9. Now I wonder if it's possible to flash the stock firmware of the normal CC9 on the Meitu Edition.
I don't want to try it out and brick my phone. Anybody experience?
Thanks in advance.

Asiatikone

Aug 14, 2019
Can you please upload stock camera app from meitu edition ? So I can try it on regular cc9 , Thank you

Sorry I can't post outside links in the thread yet because I am still new. I sent to you as private message. But if you can post the stock cam of the normal CC9 I can try it this way too.

Last edited:

acccceee3

Apr 8, 2018
Can you please upload stock camera app from meitu edition ? So I can try it on regular cc9 , Thank you

already tried that .. its missing some extra feature on stock. meitu cam. compare (meitu cam installed in cc9)

tried also to extract meitu stock firmware. and i found out that. theres some cam.lib files. & camera tools that found in /root/system of meitu. thats missing on cc9

its almost 500mb (cameratools + cameramaterials + meitu lib files)

Asiatikone

Aug 14, 2019
already tried that .. its missing some extra feature on stock. meitu cam. compare (meitu cam installed in cc9)

tried also to extract meitu stock firmware. and i found out that. theres some cam.lib files. & camera tools that found in /root/system of meitu. thats missing on cc9

its almost 500mb (cameratools + cameramaterials + meitu lib files)

That's because the meitu cam also comes with so many filters and beautyfy stuff. But the cam only is not so big. Tried it yesterday. I can't even install the stock CC9 cam apk on the Meitu.

Asiatikone

Aug 14, 2019
Anybody there who could port the Meitu cam to CC9 or the CC9 to Meitu? Would be nice if somebody could successfully do that. I miss the manual mode on the Meitu camera app. Instead thousands of beautify filters and so on. Don't know why they cut that function off. PRO mode = panorama slowmo and time lapse lololol.
I hope Xiaomi will implement that again with the next update.

Aug 19, 2019
So did you buy a CC9 Meitu version with Global Rom?

Hi there. I own a CC9 Meitu Edition (bought it because of 8GB Ram and the 256GB Storage) and was a little surprised that the camera app is totally different to the normal CC9. Now I wonder if it's possible to flash the stock firmware of the normal CC9 on the Meitu Edition.
I don't want to try it out and brick my phone. Anybody experience?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Yes, Mi CC9's software including camera app are 100% Xiaomi, Meitu edition however its calculation is adapted from their newly merged company Meitu, and that's how makes it a selling point.

sorry this is a bit off the topic, so did you buy a Xiaomi CC9 Meitu edition with global Rom? Although I am a Mi fan, I always bought the global version, till when I saw review of Xiaomi CC9 Meitu, it's the very first time I have learnt about Global Rom and seriously considering not to wait for a global version. How do you feel about the phone? Saw the Xiaomi eu for CC9 just released. I am a rookie about all of this, does it give you any problems (assuming you are using the global rom)? Is there no ways banking app and google pay won't work on a global rom xiaomi phone? I know probably I am asking very basic questions here, if anyone can clear some doubts for me, I will be deeply appreciated. Oh, and suggestions on any reliable site where they ship worldwide, great thanks!:)

Asiatikone

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
Yes, Mi CC9's software including camera app are 100% Xiaomi, Meitu edition however its calculation is adapted from their newly merged company Meitu, and that's how makes it a selling point.

sorry this is a bit off the topic, so did you buy a Xiaomi CC9 Meitu edition with global Rom? Although I am a Mi fan, I always bought the global version, till when I saw review of Xiaomi CC9 Meitu, it's the very first time I have learnt about Global Rom and seriously considering not to wait for a global version. How do you feel about the phone? Saw the Xiaomi eu for CC9 just released. I am a rookie about all of this, does it give you any problems (assuming you are using the global rom)? Is there no ways banking app and google pay won't work on a global rom xiaomi phone? I know probably I am asking very basic questions here, if anyone can clear some doubts for me, I will be deeply appreciated. Oh, and suggestions on any reliable site where they ship worldwide, great thanks!:)

No I have the Chinese Rom with Google play. I don't know about banking apps but so far Google pay works for me. Didn't tried any banking apps bc I don't use them.
But if I were to choose between CC9 and CC9 Meitu again I'd buy the normal CC9 global instead + a 256GB SD. I don't feel any difference in the 2GB Ram. But mainly because I think the camera app is superior than the Meitu version. You can still download the Meitu cam app later on which has more beauty functions then the stock cam app on the camera for CC9 Meitu edition. Little confusing. The Meitu edition comes with many camera/beautify apps. The main 2 are the special stock camera for the Meitu Edition. Which I think lacks a lot functions from the normal version, and the other one is the Meitu Beauty Cam app which everybody can download.
For the Chinese Rom I can live with it a lot bloatware but can be delete after unlocking BL. There are some insignificant apps that don't seem to work properly with the ROM in the newest their newest version but I just installed the older version and it works again fine.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019
No I have the Chinese Rom with Google play. I don't know about banking apps but so far Google pay works for me. Didn't tried any banking apps bc I don't use them.
But if I were to choose between CC9 and CC9 Meitu again I'd buy the normal CC9 global instead + a 256GB SD. I don't feel any difference in the 2GB Ram. But mainly because I think the camera app is superior than the Meitu version. You can still download the Meitu cam app later on which has more beauty functions then the stock cam app on the camera for CC9 Meitu edition. Little confusing. The Meitu edition comes with many camera/beautify apps. The main 2 are the special stock camera for the Meitu Edition. Which I think lacks a lot functions from the normal version, and the other one is the Meitu Beauty Cam app which everybody can download.
For the Chinese Rom I can live with it a lot bloatware but can be delete after unlocking BL. There are some insignificant apps that don't seem to work properly with the ROM in the newest their newest version but I just installed the older version and it works again fine.

:good: Thank you for replying me.

luizzcosta

May 13, 2021
I have a cc9 meitu edition and flashed global room, but it came with a very poor native camera app. The one I had previously, on the stock original Chinese version, it had a way better native camera app. Pictures were much better before, with much more details and sharpness. Now it's pretty average.
I've tried to download the APK but it can't be installed on the phone, it says "conflicting providers".
How can I install it on my phone now? Any clues?

I have a cc9 meitu edition and flashed global room, but it came with a very poor native camera app. The one I had previously, on the stock original Chinese version, it had a way better native camera app. Pictures were much better before, with much more details and sharpness. Now it's pretty average.
I've tried to download the APK but it can't be installed on the phone, it says "conflicting providers".
How can I install it on my phone now? Any clues?
Hello, Can you please tell me which ROM did you install ? and where can I download it. Thanks