• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cell Coverage Terrible

Search This thread

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
Sir what do you mean warranty requests.
Extending the warranty I presume.
I will start request repairs untill they fix it or give me money back.
I love this phone but I need it for work out of big towns where network signal is poor and comparing with s21u or iPhone 12 Pro Max this phone have a big issue with network signal.

Reactions: Dominikm27

StormCell

Jun 14, 2010
Bear Creek
Got this in Fayetteville today. Only had to restart phone once and turn on/off Airplane Mode twice. Not even 5G.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-112235_Speed Test.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-112235_Speed Test.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 42

maximus81

Jul 25, 2009
Melbourne
I am in similar situation. Moved over to GF3 from S21U and I have noticed bad network connectivity in areas where I had no issues on my S21U. I am based in Australia and on Telstra network which has best network coverage. Have done network settings reset but no improvement noticed.

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
Guys start sending reports about it over the Samsung Members app. I've done it, few of my friends also.
Maybe they can fix it over the next 1 or 2 updates.

Reactions: Dominikm27

acc3d

Jan 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I can echo the same experience with my US Unlocked ZF3 on Verizon: terrible cell/data performance (no signal at times) in areas my US unlocked S21U had great coverage.

I've used the Samsung Band Selection app to switch network mode to 'LTE ALL', which seems to resolve a good chunk of issues.

I wouldn't be so frustrated except for the fact that it's almost October and we're sitting on July security patch/software. I'm confident these issues will be fixed via software, but what's taking so long?

Even the official Verizon model is sitting on the July patch.

StormCell

Jun 14, 2010
Bear Creek
I can echo the same experience with my US Unlocked ZF3 on Verizon: terrible cell/data performance (no signal at times) in areas my US unlocked S21U had great coverage.

I've used the Samsung Band Selection app to switch network mode to 'LTE ALL', which seems to resolve a good chunk of issues.

I wouldn't be so frustrated except for the fact that it's almost October and we're sitting on July security patch/software. I'm confident these issues will be fixed via software, but what's taking so long?

Even the official Verizon model is sitting on the July patch.
Where are you finding LTE ALL?

mffu

May 9, 2006
US
Came from Unlocked Note20 Ultra which I had zero issues with cellular reception on Verizon.
Bought the Unlocked Z Fold3 and have terrible cellular reception in nearly all places I never had issues on the Note20 Ultra.
Are the antenna bands different?
Is the new metal back or frame drastically reducing range?
If you were depending on some CDMA coverage with Verizon, Fold3 has it disabled in the ROM, although the module is there and the radio is listed in FCC certification papers. I had Fold2 prior to Fold3 and had better reception on Verizion for sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Spoke to a Verizon TS agent who said she is dealing with a LOT of folks with bad signals on their ZF3.

Asurion approved my claim and is sending me a new phone.
    Guys start sending reports about it over the Samsung Members app. I've done it, few of my friends also.
    Maybe they can fix it over the next 1 or 2 updates.
    I live in poland. T-Mobile does not have domestic roaming.

The problem is with the ZF3, not with the network. Other phones work fine in these places.
    If they not fix it within next 1 or 2 updates I will start warranty requests until I'll get full refund.
    Spoke to a Verizon TS agent who said she is dealing with a LOT of folks with bad signals on their ZF3.

Asurion approved my claim and is sending me a new phone.
    Try to change your SIM. It helped me.
    AT&T in N Texas, from N20U to ZF3...Same. I get some network issues occasionally.
    You might need a new sim, I'm thinking about doing that myself.

My fold is also the unlocked from Sammy.
    AT&T in N Texas, from N20U to ZF3...Same. I get some network issues occasionally.
    You might need a new sim, I'm thinking about doing that myself.

My fold is also the unlocked from Sammy.
    New sim, install yourself, handle it like a stick of ram.
    ESD can damage it; very little built in out of circuit protection. Most phone store salespeople handle them extremely carelessly... you pay the price when it fails sometimes even months, years latter. Most sim cards fail because of previous ESD exposure just like ram sticks.