• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

center clock for 8.1

Search This thread
J

joeeboogz

Hey guys I know a lot of people are missing center clock for oreo. So I found a substratum theme called dark infusion which allows u to change location. I'm not really comfortable flashing other mods so I can't say if they work or not. But I have seen a few. I'm just verifying that this theme (paid) does work as u can see below. If anyone else wants to share other working mods pz do. I wanna thank @NepoRood for this find as he showed me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180102-072814.png
    Screenshot_20180102-072814.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 2,573
  • Screenshot_20180102-072730.png
    Screenshot_20180102-072730.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 2,526
J

joeeboogz

Found another which I'm sure a lot of u know about but gravity box for Oreo works great on los 15.1 and crdroid. Not so good on benzo. For some reason I was having lag issues on stock also. But for those who don't you can move clock and there's a ton of other options. Make sure you install beta 2 of xposed the first one is buggy. Then search gravity or search Oreo under downloads section. Look for gravity box (o) and install activate and restart it has as many if not more customizations as any custom ROMs have fun

ffchampmt

Dec 27, 2013
Montana
Found another which I'm sure a lot of u know about but gravity box for Oreo works great on los 15.1 and crdroid. Not so good on benzo. For some reason I was having lag issues on stock also. But for those who don't you can move clock and there's a ton of other options. Make sure you install beta 2 of xposed the first one is buggy. Then search gravity or search Oreo under downloads section. Look for gravity box (o) and install activate and restart it has as many if not more customizations as any custom ROMs have fun

I'm running stock 8.1, magisk, with Gravity Box [O] and center clock is up and running

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013

Decompile your SystemUIGoogle.apk. Remove the entire code for the clock from your status_bar.xml located in the res/layout folder.
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="start|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:paddingStart="@dimen/status_bar_clock_starting_padding" android:paddingEnd="@dimen/status_bar_clock_end_padding" />"

Just below the following code
Code:
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
Put this code
<include layout="@layout/mycenterclock" />

Throw the attached mycenterclock.xml into your res/layout folder and recompile.

Alternately you could put this code in place of the layout I attached.

Code:
<com.android.keyguard.AlphaOptimizedLinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/system_icon_area" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.keyguard.AlphaOptimizedLinearLayout>

Attachments

• mycenterclock.xml
    680 bytes · Views: 426

dbama1

Sep 23, 2013
Decompile your SystemUIGoogle.apk. Remove the entire code for the clock from your status_bar.xml located in the res/layout folder.
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="start|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:paddingStart="@dimen/status_bar_clock_starting_padding" android:paddingEnd="@dimen/status_bar_clock_end_padding" />"

Code:
Put this code

Code:
<com.android.keyguard.AlphaOptimizedLinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/system_icon_area" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
You are the man! Thank you for sharing and for your work. :good:

tiro_uspsss

Dec 27, 2010
Code:

Code:
Put this code

Code:

dunno why, but I can't scan that qr code :(

suey86

Aug 7, 2017
Code:

Code:
Put this code

Code:

Dear Sir, can you please tell me where to find the "SystemGoogleUI.apk" , thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:
    Put this code

Code:
    There's a Substratum module called "Clock Tweaks for O" that will center the clock and also allow you to change the font and size.
    For those that don't want to stock up on third party apps, a center clock is a fairly simple mod.