• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Center Status Bar Clock .buildprop Mod?

Search This thread

taymo

Nov 2, 2011
Georgia
Google Pixel 5
I have the straight talk variant (sm-s920l). Since we cannot install Xposed, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to modify the build.prop to accomplish the center status bar clock?

Last edited:

bfoos

Sep 15, 2015
Oneonta, NY
I don't know about that zip file, but I do know for a fact that we can have Xposed on our SM-S920L's as I have it on mine. First check this thread and grab the fixed version of TWRP and Odin linked to therein. Then grab @dkcldark's unofficial Xposed v85 from this post and flash it using TWRP once you have it installed. Then grab the Xposed installer apk from here. Once everything is installed and ready to go, you can use the Xposed installer to install the Wanam Xposed for Android 5.x.x. module which has clock position settings under the Notifications panel header, along with many other useful settings that can be explored. Since Gravity Box doesn't work on this device, this module is the next best thing.

***EDIT***
Upon investigation of that zip file, it contains a modified SystemUI.apk file from the Nexus 5 that most definitely WILL NOT WORK on a SM-S920L.

Last edited:

taymo

Nov 2, 2011
Georgia
Google Pixel 5
I don't know about that zip file, but I do know for a fact that we can have Xposed on our SM-S920L's as I have it on mine. First check this thread and grab the fixed version of TWRP and Odin linked to therein. Then grab @dkcldark's unofficial Xposed v85 from this post and flash it using TWRP once you have it installed. Then grab the Xposed installer apk from here. Once everything is installed and ready to go, you can use the Xposed installer to install the Wanam Xposed for Android 5.x.x. module which has clock position settings under the Notifications panel header, along with many other useful settings that can be explored. Since Gravity Box doesn't work on this device, this module is the next best thing.

***EDIT***
Upon investigation of that zip file, it contains a modified SystemUI.apk file from the Nexus 5 that most definitely WILL NOT WORK on a SM-S920L.
Thank you SO much for the help! You gave great instructions and I FINALLY have xposed and all the mods I wanted! You sir, deserve an applause!

bfoos

Sep 15, 2015
Oneonta, NY
Thank you SO much for the help! You gave great instructions and I FINALLY have xposed and all the mods I wanted! You sir, deserve an applause!

You are welcome! This variant hasn't seen much on the development front, but at least we can do this with it! One thing I forgot to mention was that SuperSU needs to be installed, but it seems you are already rooted, so boom!

Reactions: taymo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

***EDIT***

***EDIT***

You are welcome! This variant hasn't seen much on the development front, but at least we can do this with it! One thing I forgot to mention was that SuperSU needs to be installed, but it seems you are already rooted, so boom!