Central Download Hub for Ace II -Please vote

Would you like a central download hub?

• Total voters

S.AMU

Aug 6, 2013
Offenburg
Hey folks,

What do youthink of making a central download hub for our Ace 2?

For now our Ace II comunity has a lot of different Roms, Kernels (thanks to the developpers :good: ) and other things. Each developper is hosting his builds on different sites, so that it is a little bit difficult to be always up to date and to find the actual download-site.
So for now we got the idea of using a central server, where all builds and files are going to be hosted.
The advantages would be:
-a completely lightweight and add free (not like devhost) download site
-we only have to have one internet adress in our mind to acess all our files.
-easy managed file system

Also we thought of using an adapted verson of zwliews Kernel-app (do you still remember it?), so that all people would have a ace 2 download app-hub on our phone.
The advantages would be:
-notifications when there is something new
-even more easier to download all new things.

So if you would like to have one of those things or both please vote for it. :D
If there is enough interest we could make this and @zwliew will be willing to sit behind his PC and adapt his app for the new purposes.
For all people who alrady wants to take a look to the possible new server: xda.mister-freeze.eu. For now there are already some files, but unfortunately there are not all really actual. For THW moments only the builds from ace2nutzer are actual. So you can download them already from there.

Last edited:

shaqman89

Feb 1, 2014
Jakarta
If someone wants to make tutorials (videos or whatever else) you can contact me of course :)
Will do.

How is this going on so far?
If it's domain and server that is needed, I actually have access to create a subdomain and could host several files if it's preferred.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
I don't know, zwliew is not answering my PMs anymore...
But I've answered your PMs :p

That's sad. @zwliew will you continue your work?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using XDA Free mobile app
Sorry, since the school period is nearing, I'm getting increasingly busy. If anyone can tell me:
1. What the file server domain is.
2. Who the people hosting their downloads there are.

I'll get started when I can.

Reactions: gothicVI

S.AMU

Aug 6, 2013
Offenburg
Will do.

How is this going on so far?
If it's domain and server that is needed, I actually have access to create a subdomain and could host several files if it's preferred.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
I don't really understand what you mean [emoji4]
Can you try to re-explain it please? :)

philsilvers

Feb 25, 2019
Hey folks,

What do youthink of making a central download hub for our Ace 2?

For now our Ace II comunity has a lot of different Roms, Kernels (thanks to the developpers :good: ) and other things. Each developper is hosting his builds on different sites, so that it is a little bit difficult to be always up to date and to find the actual download-site.
So for now we got the idea of using a central server, where all builds and files are going to be hosted.
The advantages would be:
-a completely lightweight and add free (not like devhost) download site
-we only have to have one internet adress in our mind to acess all our files.
-easy managed file system

Also we thought of using an adapted verson of zwliews Kernel-app (do you still remember it?), so that all people would have a ace 2 download app-hub on our phone.
The advantages would be:
-notifications when there is something new
-even more easier to download all new things.

So if you would like to have one of those things or both please vote for it. :D
If there is enough interest we could make this and @zwliew will be willing to sit behind his PC and adapt his app for the new purposes.
For all people who alrady wants to take a look to the possible new server: xda.mister-freeze.eu. For now there are already some files, but unfortunately there are not all really actual. For THW moments only the builds from ace2nutzer are actual. So you can download them already from there.
I vote

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone