Votes: 39 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

joytofender

Apr 13, 2011
Irving
Change Log

Fixed headset (was having issues switching at times)
Fixed Netflix streaming
Fixed UMS(only internal sd card for now)
Revert UI to phone style as default (Nexus 7 look and feel). Will provide a patch for those that want tablet look and feel.
Added Camcorder function with back camera for now. Still no front camera.
Fixed Gallery crashing issue.
Added Google market/play support.

Great! Can't wait to try it.:fingers-crossed:

jinxmeistr

Aug 6, 2012
Jacksonville
GPS lock on google navigation

When I go to google maps - I can see my coordinates are being updated but when I hit navaigation for voice driving directions - the GPS won't engage. Gets stuck on Searching for GPS...is this a known problem?

Thanks for this ROM and looking forward to the 2.2 version :)

OddFutur3

Aug 4, 2012
Westeros
Change Log

Fixed Netflix streaming
Revert UI to phone style as default (Nexus 7 look and feel). Will provide a patch for those that want tablet look and feel.

Looking forward for the 2.2 release! Thanks so much for all your hard work and keeping our tablet alive :good:

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
When I go to google maps - I can see my coordinates are being updated but when I hit navaigation for voice driving directions - the GPS won't engage. Gets stuck on Searching for GPS...is this a known problem?

Thanks for this ROM and looking forward to the 2.2 version :)

google map requires data to work. Have you tried this with data?

Reactions: jinxmeistr

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Change Log

Fixed Netflix streaming

Added internal mic. So mic should in theory works fully now.
Also added active pen support thx to Dexter.
Testing....now...

Last edited:

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
awesome!! new release... just got my Evo View about two weeks ago and really like it (size, price, pen ;)) so i shall be testing and reporting back aswell :)

I bought mine flashed to Boost (I don't know how to flash back!! haha) so i can report on it working on Boost? (although if you have reportings that the 3G radios work on Sprint, they should for Boost aswell)

I also have 4G in my area, anyway to test this functionality without having Sprint Service? Would love to help as much as possible!

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
CGROM RC2.2 Released

Link posted on OP and below. For those that were on RC 2.1, you could try not wipe data, but always wipe cache and davilk cache. If you run into issues with Google Play, then try wipe data and re-install.

http://www.nana-sushi.com/public/CGROM_JB_2.2.zip

For those that wants to help testing. please go ahead and report back your findings. But try not to report the same issues that others have already done. Thanks.

jinxmeistr

Aug 6, 2012
Jacksonville
google map requires data to work. Have you tried this with data?

I believe google maps work offline now? However I tried it WIFI - indoor and also outdoors. I see "me" on the map and my location gets updated too...it looks like the gps is working. Its strange. So the map portion works and gives me correct driving direction routes. It's when I initiate directions for voice navigation where the problem lies...it gets stuck on "Searching for GPS".

rydehard86

Jun 18, 2010
I have waited to switch from CG ICS rom until some of the bugs were fixed in JB. The only bug no one has mentioned is the wonky scrolling. Is it better on the newest release?

Sent from my Classic EVO 4g

DevalB

Jul 9, 2008
NYC
Interesting. Not sure what changes you made, but now I am unable to install Netflix from Google Play or Amazon App Store.

Thoughts?

yncconsulting

May 10, 2012
Interesting. Not sure what changes you made, but now I am unable to install Netflix from Google Play or Amazon App Store.

Thoughts?
I didn't test with wipe since if I wipe I will lose netflix. So it's possible that the fix I thought fixes google play may not have done so. Have you tried the previous fixed someone posted?

DevalB

Jul 9, 2008
NYC
I didn't test with wipe since if I wipe I will lose netflix. So it's possible that the fix I thought fixes google play may not have done so. Have you tried the previous fixed someone posted?

If you're referring to the XML file swap and permission post, the original post was deleted, so I can't get the modified XML files.

I might just go your route and wipe -> flash 2.1 -> install my apps -> flash 2.2 without a wipe.

AuronHTC

Dec 6, 2011
Nexus 7 ui is working great! Google Now with voice commands works.. and fast too!

One problem, the 5th icon in the phone ui dropdown toggles is pink? (Almost looks like a set of kissing lips) Anyone else's icon irregular?

(icons in order from left to right - wifi, bluetooth, gps location, tilt, -- ??? this is the errored 5th icon -- , vibrate, sync)

Thank you so much YNC! I'm so amazed you created a nearly fully functional JB Rom for our device that seemed doomed to remain on HTC's GB/HC updates. You saved the View.

EDIT: Strolling response seems improved too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am naming this ROM with my wife's initials CG as a token of appreciation for her support of my work on this project.

Also credit should be given to Chaosz-X, as part of our ROM was based on his work (mainly the vendor config files).

We have moved to RC release which means it's fairly stable and with most functionality supported. But it doesn't mean it's fully working there are still some bugs and some functionality unsupported see below section to see what is not working.

Also remember that this is not a ported rom it's build from scratch with official HTC HC kernel source modified to work with JB AOKP, so it's very stable but the progress is slower since the degree of difficulty is higher. So be patient.

Release Candidate 2.1 [8/23]
    Video coming soon...

Alpha 1.2 [7/19] http://youtu.be/ni0SivL4_ms
    Alpha 1.1 [7/2] http://youtu.be/jiY1yNPGR90
    Alpha [6/18] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3rPVbvuAg
    Pre-alpha 2 [5/25] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9IllruYZA
    Pre-alpha 1 [5/15] http://youtu.be/mW8qLrse4pc

You MUST be on HC or flash HC hboot before installing this rom

**********************************CURRENT CHANGE LOGS******************************
    Change log RC 2.3
    Bluetooth obviously
    wifi fix for hidden network.
    youtube HD video fix.
    Disable hw key
    Fling issue - thx to IAMCHUNKY and Dexter.
    Market/Play store compatibility issue - thx to Dexter.

Known issues

Front facing camera not working
    GPS signal is weak...
    Wimax (4G)
    VPN
    WIFI tethering
    USB OTG

Ok, here is the link to the ROM.

CG ROM RC 2.3

Also since this is a AOKP rom it doesn't contain google apps(google play...etc), please download and install the google apks here.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Patches - patch are zip file just like the rom and should be install just like how you would install the rom

This patch should be apply by all that is currently on 2.3 with weak GPS
    Patch for GPS fix

This patch should only be apply if you have phone UI (i.e if you only install 2.3 and not the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).
    Patch for phone UI and WIFI ONLY

This patch should only be apply if you have tablet UI (i.e if you applied the tablet patch b4) and want WIFI only (it disable the 3g radio).
    Patch for phone UI and WIFI ONLY

This patch should only be apply if you want tablet UI
    Patch to switch to tablet UI and 3G

The step is as follow
    1. Make a nanodroid back up!!!
    2. Wipe everything. (Data, cache, Dalvka....Please wipe before you complaint!)
    3. Copy the zip file into sdcard
    4. Install the zip from recovery.
    5. Enjoy.

Disclaimers: We're not responsible if you flash this and you brick your view (or your any other device)

Here is the link to the kernel source. Kernel Git
    Device/Vendor Git Device Git

Archive Change Logs

Change log RC 2.2
    Added Mic support for internal mic
    Added active pen support thanks to Dexter.
    Fixed issue with headset vs speaker switch issue
    Fixed Netflix streaming

Change log RC 2.1
    AOKP Jelly Bean
    GPS support
    Camera back only with preview (no camcorder function)
    Sound
    Touch screen
    Microphone with headset, internal is not working
    HWA (Video, netflix, ppstream, youtube)
    UMS
    Scroll and Fling issue resolved
    Pen
    3G

Change log RC 2.0
    GPS support
    Camera both front and back with preview
    Fixed squeezed button when menu button is added.
    Microphone with headset, internal is not working

Change log Alpha 1.2
    Netflix and other video stream player buffer issue.
    UMS support to mount internal and external sd on PC.
    Fixed issue with Chrome browser, also browser speed seems to have improved.
    Added support for 720p and 1080p video streaming.
    Lost camera support.

Change log Alpha 1.1
    Camera - partially working, preview is broken but takes pictures for both front and back camera.
    Multi-touch is fixed, pinch zoom works in browser.
    Pen - partially working, you can write and draw on Quill app.
    Fixed FC issue when selecting Theme under Settings
    Fixed FC issue when selecting Apps under Settings, this is the issue when you have apps installed on SD card.
    Fixed FC issue with Talk
    Switch launcher to Apex for smoother feel.

Change log Alpha 1.0
    Video playback for all apps - hardware decoding
    Fixed red boarder
    Swipe fling issue and scrolling issue. It's better than pre-alpha but sometime it could still pause
    Other minor tweaks.

Change log Pre-alpha
    Sound
    Wifi
    Touch screen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    Last release

It's been a great 6+ months since I first started out on this ROM. It has been both fun and exhausting. I have been thinking about stepping away for a while now for those of you that follow my thread, I think now might be the best time as we have more dev/porters working on the device.

Now regarding the last release, here is what I have so far. I really hope to get FFC camera to work before I bid farewell, but that may not happen.

Android 4.1.2 based
    GPS much better signal
    UMS both sd card

Now the downside
    Occasional graphic glitches that happens on all 4.1.2 ROM ATM
    i think i am going to release 2.4 with cm9. thats ICS btw. the reason is that i dont think i can get anything else to work on jb. however on ics i think i can get camera and camcorder fully working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    yncconsulting as you said about your to-do list can we see what is inside? ;)

Sure, There big ticket items which requires a lot of development and testing time and there are few minor issues which should take less time but could turn into big ticket items once I start looking into it.

Also remember that at this point the Rom is very functional and very stable. The next release will be RC1 and will not be call Alpha or Beta anymore. I think that the ROM at the current stage can satisfy most ppl's needs for daily driver. I hope to include microphone and maybe camera support as well as scrolling fix and squish button fix. At which point I will make a decision weather to continue with development as this has been taking a serious toll to my regular work and life for the past 2 months. I think I have delivery a lot in the short amount of time. So I hope you would understand if I were to take a break from this for while or even stop development as I am feeling a little burn out.

Big ticket items (The time that I have already spent on each item)
    Microphone (1 week)
    Camera, (2 weeks)
    Pen, (few days)
    Bluetooth, (2 weeks)
    3g (none)

Minor Items
    Scrolling issue, Squish buttons, battery improvement, Cpu OC...other bugs ppl brings up.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone