• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Chances of Pixel 2 XL selling out?

Should I pre-order?

• Yes, it'll likely be backordered again

Votes: 43 76.8%
  • No, don't worry about it

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jt3

Aug 13, 2007
I'm a bit confused. I pre-ordered my P2XL 128 (Black) yesterday, a bit after the show, and it says "Ships 10/23." Others (who ordered DURING the show) are seeing shipping dates even earlier. Why, then, are all of the tech sites claiming that only the P2 is being released on 10/19, and that the release of the P2XL isn't until November?

Redrockzz

Jun 2, 2016
Bremen
I'm a bit confused. I pre-ordered my P2XL 128 (Black) yesterday, a bit after the show, and it says "Ships 10/23." Others (who ordered DURING the show) are seeing shipping dates even earlier. Why, then, are all of the tech sites claiming that only the P2 is being released on 10/19, and that the release of the P2XL isn't until November?

afaik it depends on your country.
I am from germany and the Pixel 2 xl will be available on November 15th. ;)

jagman96

I just ordered the panda XL 128gb and was put on a waitlist. I'm in the US. No confirmation email either. Kind of weird. Have I committed? Am I certain to get one when back in stock if I reply reasonably quickly or will I just get an email when the free for all starts again?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

perveeus

Dec 20, 2008
Is there a physical difference between the Verizon version vs. the Google Store version?

In terms of bloatware, contract, & branding that the VZW might come with?

Gilley

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a physical difference between the Verizon version vs. the Google Store version?

no physical difference. You just have a carrier specific Pixel XL compared to a unlocked one that can work for anyone. Pretty sure you can get rid of all verizon's bloatware on the verizon model. The unlocked one gets all of verizon features as well like wifi calling, hd calling etc.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I just ordered the panda XL 128gb and was put on a waitlist. I'm in the US. No confirmation email either. Kind of weird. Have I committed? Am I certain to get one when back in stock if I reply reasonably quickly or will I just get an email when the free for all starts again?

If you arent set on the Panda one, I ordered the unlocked black one today and its set for Oct 25-27th. Ordered the Verizon Panda color yesterday and was November 7-9th. I'm impatient and i can always toss on a dbrand skin if i want the white back I guess.

Reactions: jagman96

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
no physical difference. You just have a carrier specific Pixel XL compared to a unlocked one that can work for anyone. Pretty sure you can get rid of all verizon's bloatware on the verizon model. The unlocked one gets all of verizon features as well like wifi calling, hd calling etc.

What bloatware? If you have a Verizon SIM during setup, MyVerizon installed from the Play Store (sometimes), but there was nothing pre-installed that wouldn't be required for the network (APN and provisioning info). As was stated several times when the Pixel came out, firmware is identical regardless of where it was purchased.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gilley

Dec 2, 2012
What bloatware? If you have a Verizon SIM during setup, MyVerizon installed from the Play Store (sometimes), but there was nothing pre-installed that wouldn't be required for the network (APN and provisioning info). As was stated several times when the Pixel came out, firmware is identical regardless of where it was purchased.

The caller ID and message+?

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter

Don't wait on the waitlist.... That email will never come.... Keep checking the site very hour or so.... They show up... I just checked @ 13:31pm EST 10/6 and they were up for order.... But it was a 7 week ship time...

scandalousk

Jul 29, 2012

There's no difference what so ever except for the bootloader. On the first Pixel the bootloader couldn't be unlocked on the Verizon version.
I'm assuming it'll be the same again this year. There's always a chance someone release a temporary hack for it, but it's something to keep in mind if you ever wanna unlock the bootloader in the future.

Kusanagi Fire

Aug 29, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA

Check when the tech sites posted that. P2XL was rumored not to release until November. That is obviously not the case since the black ones are shipping in October. The Panda ones appear to be much rarer. Not sure if anyone got an October ship date for that variant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    they probably think the same about you
    I was paraphrasing your post on s8 forum where you called people idiots jack.
    If it's been like every other year, you can guarantee it. You can set your watch to it. Ordering problems, whatever you can think of.

It's going to be a cluster ****. So, if you want one, take tomorrow off work and be prepared to get a new F5 key or keyboard. ;)

I'm holding off on buying 2 XL until enough user feedback shows Google solved the LTE cellular data thing.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

If you arent set on the Panda one, I ordered the unlocked black one today and its set for Oct 25-27th. Ordered the Verizon Panda color yesterday and was November 7-9th. I'm impatient and i can always toss on a dbrand skin if i want the white back I guess.