Question Change Activated Id/carrier Id (last csc on the right) with root ?

Search This thread

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
Hello everyone, I read that it was possible to change the last CSC on the right via the root (because as you know with the S22 when you go to EUX no update because of this last which does not change) However I do not know in which folder to go with root explorer for the change (I went in efs/IMEI but there is only the active CSC not the Activated id) if someone knows how to do I'm a taker.

Thanks in advance

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
Hi @yakapa40 thanks for the answer. Where do you find the QCN file in the root directory and is there a way to edit it ?

Thank in advance

Last edited:

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
Hello again, thank you very much for your help. Last question, which of these 3 tools would you recommend to edit my file ?

i have used all for old rooted devices
nv reader is the most simple

G900F version.PNG

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
Hi @yakapa40 , I think it does not work with recent smartphones (it puts me after connecting the com port and click on read that it has no response from the phone) thank you

have you enable DM port ?
or EDL with twrp

• Samsung: Enter *#0808# in dialer, select any USB mode entry containing DM.
    • Korean models: Enter 3197123580 in dialer, password is either 996412, 776432, 0821.
    • Certain version of firmwares after 2018 are blocking the access to the hidden menu with the abovementioned code. Currently no solution is known without rooting the phone (correction wanted).

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
@yakapa40 i activated the qualcomm USB DM option via alliance however I do not see what you mean about the EDL is it mandatory?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I read that it was possible to change the last CSC on the right via the root (because as you know with the S22 when you go to EUX no update because of this last which does not change) However I do not know in which folder to go with root explorer for the change (I went in efs/IMEI but there is only the active CSC not the Activated id) if someone knows how to do I'm a taker.

Thanks in advance
@alarme134 Glad you're trying to figure this out but are you sure this happens because the last ID? I saw many people with a different AID in EUX firmware and they still have OTA... At least from factory, without any change by the user.
Also I saw a post in Samsung community with guys from UK having problems to get their S22 configured with Spay because the phone was all EUX and came as a German ISO and they're were not able to get OTA too.. What is supposed to happen in this cases is a background setup depending of the SIM card... So maybe in our cases the setup is not being pushed too...

MultiCulti

Hum ... so you say, if i change the CSC, but the last one will stay on the original, i don't get Updates? :eek:

Cause i imported an S908E to Austria, it was an STH (Singapure Starhub) device, i changed it to THL, to get rid of the Starhub Apps und get Call Recorder!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-095837_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220716-095837_Settings.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 43

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
hi @tsilva30 , I'm aware of the iso mine is set to my country (France) I even made a YouTube video to change it. however it does not regulate updates because of the latest CSC on which EUX is based. Many operators send phones directly to EUX from the S22, example for orange in France which delivers these phones to EUX/-/EUX/FTM. and the updates are managed by Orange.... but me coming from a CSC Bouygues Telecom (BOG/BOG,BOG/EUX/BOG) when I put in EUX it does not find a correspondence to EUX/-/ EUX/BOG at the level of the update servers since Bouygues has a CSC apart..... So I'm looking to put my last CSC at EUX via the root to find the updates (and get them quickly).

Hi, @MultiCulti it seems to me that this only concerns the EUX CSC

hi @tsilva30 , I'm aware of the iso mine is set to my country (France) I even made a YouTube video to change it. however it does not regulate updates because of the latest CSC on which EUX is based. Many operators send phones directly to EUX from the S22, example for orange in France which delivers these phones to EUX/-/EUX/FTM. and the updates are managed by Orange.... but me coming from a CSC Bouygues Telecom (BOG/BOG,BOG/EUX/BOG) when I put in EUX it does not find a correspondence to EUX/-/ EUX/BOG at the level of the update servers since Bouygues has a CSC apart..... So I'm looking to put my last CSC at EUX via the root to find the updates (and get them quickly).

Hi, @MultiCulti it seems to me that this only concerns the EUX CSC
I know. I already know that iso don't regulate updates you already told that in other post, that was not my point.
I'm saying that even phones that are coming from factory as original EUX don't get OTA updates if you don't insert a SIM card first to make a background setup for your country.
You can check this affirmation by seeing those posts I attached. So I'm wondering that in our case this setup is not happening too.

Thanks in advance
Hi there, any news about EUX OTA's or about last ID?

alarme134

Mar 18, 2022
Hello @yakapa40
I'm coming back to you to find out what persistent properties are and if a modification of the value of "persist.sys.prev_activatedid" from BOG to EUX, for example, would make it possible to change it