• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Change Android userAgent

Search This thread

tontonHD

Jan 4, 2009
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default browser user agent to a Desktop user agent.

Please do not ask me to download dolphin or whatever browser.

Thanks!

Raymond77

Sep 12, 2008
Open the browser, type in "about:debug" into the address bar.

Then, menu > more > settings, scroll down to UAString and select "Desktop".

Reactions: sgs9

wmm

Jun 23, 2007
Sudbury, MA
For anyone interested, in Froyo, it's about:config instead of about:debug.

Joel

"about:debug" adds the extra items to the Settings menu. "about:config" just opens a blank screen and doesn't add the extra items to the Settings menu. (For me at least with stock Froyo.)

What were you saying that "about:config" should do?

jbhorner

Jun 13, 2006
about:debug Doesn't do anything on mine...nothing. about:config does indeed bring up a blank screen, and then adds the menu items.

No, I didn't bump a thread to give incorrect information. I added to a thread with information that explained what happened on my N1. Again, about:debug doesn't do anything, about:config added the menu items.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
i had to do about:config then from there do about:debug for anything to show up :D

That's because about:config doesn't do anything. :D

jbhorner thinks about:debug doesn't work because nothing "appears" or "happens" when you click Go. What he doesn't understand is that nothing is supposed to. It just adds new menu items.

For anyone still doubting, reboot your phone, don't type about:config, and instead type about:debug. You'll see the new menu items, which obviously weren't added by about:config since you didn't type it since reboot.

bcpk

Feb 11, 2010
I can't figure out which one it was... I was expecting it to be a config page like Firefox.

Last edited:

productofusa

May 20, 2010
WA
Do you need to be rooted for this? I type about:debug into the (stock) browser window address bar, push go, and it takes me to my homepage? wtf? :confused:

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
I am typing about:debug and I do not see the UAString in settings. I have done this before I updated to Froyo 2.2 but now I dont see it?

UPDATE: about:useragent in FROYO works for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: veepee78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open the browser, type in "about:debug" into the address bar.

Then, menu > more > settings, scroll down to UAString and select "Desktop".
    I am typing about:debug and I do not see the UAString in settings. I have done this before I updated to Froyo 2.2 but now I dont see it?

UPDATE: about:useragent in FROYO works for me!
    It allows webpages to think you are something other than an Android phone. This allows you to make them think you are running Windows using Firefox, or Mac with Safari... different webpages will show different content to you if they think you are running a mobile platform.