Change CSC of SM-N9860/DS N20U 5G Hongkong Variant

Search This thread

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Same here! I have N9860.I now download TGY firmware.What should i choose on csc section please?!

krystofklima

Feb 7, 2021
Same here! I have N9860.I now download TGY firmware.What should i choose on csc section please?!
If You have possibility to enter TGY, You can choose TGY...but on my phone, if I put any firmware, nothing happens with CSC code ;-( and nothing to posibility to change /of course, after downgrade to Android 10/

BTW: But I solved problem before two days, I have found one Czech service guy, who is serviceman in Samsung. he has changed for me CSC code, but I must visit him and took phone to him.

Now is clear with possibility to change to all versions ;-)

Reactions: alixra

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
If You have possibility to enter TGY, You can choose TGY...but on my phone, if I put any firmware, nothing happens with CSC code ;-( and nothing to posibility to change /of course, after downgrade to Android 10/

BTW: But I solved problem before two days, I have found one Czech service guy, who is serviceman in Samsung. he has changed for me CSC code, but I must visit him and took phone to him.

Now is clear with possibility to change to all versions ;-)
can u ask that guy how he did that and if there is a code for that?

krystofklima

Feb 7, 2021
can u ask that guy how he did that and if there is a code for that?
He did this over some Samsung BOX for repairs and authorized sellers...I gave phone to him, waited 20mins before building, after that, he brings me with chnaged CSC and with possibility to change to whole world.
But he said to me too, that on Android 11 is impossible to get inside with all equipments, which they as authorized sellers have. They are awaited new hardware form manufacturer for changing this

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

maxxii26

Mar 2, 2021
hello am using note 20 ultra SM-N9860 TGY from India. I would like to enable call recording. i have seen your previous post so am having few questions
1. By only flashing csc from CHC to TGY will samsung pass, pay, and secure folder and also Google services and apps will works as before as on TGY?
2. Or after flashing chc from tgy and changing csc from chc to wwd will the services works as asked above?
3. or by using sankey method does updates and the services works ?
which method is working and usefull. please help me .

thanks in advance.

alixra

Jan 5, 2016
hello am using note 20 ultra SM-N9860 TGY from India. I would like to enable call recording. i have seen your previous post so am having few questions
1. By only flashing csc from CHC to TGY will samsung pass, pay, and secure folder and also Google services and apps will works as before as on TGY?
2. Or after flashing chc from tgy and changing csc from chc to wwd will the services works as asked above?
3. or by using sankey method does updates and the services works ?
which method is working and usefull. please help me .

thanks in advance.
I am on oneui 3.1 CHC firmware with WWD csc. Samsung pay isn't working for me but, Secure folder is working I manually installed Google play services from apkmirror and its working fine.

I didn't use Samkey. On Android 10 TGY I flashed Android 10 CHC then changed csc to wwd. Once changed I flashed Android 11 CHC via ODIN using home csc.

You won't get any OTA after that and you will have to manually update everytime

maxxii26

Mar 2, 2021
I am on oneui 3.1 CHC firmware with WWD csc. Samsung pay isn't working for me but, Secure folder is working I manually installed Google play services from apkmirror and its working fine.

I didn't use Samkey. On Android 10 TGY I flashed Android 10 CHC then changed csc to wwd. Once changed I flashed Android 11 CHC via ODIN using home csc.

You won't get any OTA after that and you will have to manually update everytime

any chinese bloatware is present in wwd ? if it does can it be unintsalled? now on Android 11 can i able to flash or have to use samKey? and also have you flashed the full rom or only csc?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-075542_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-075542_Settings.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 183

krystofklima

Feb 7, 2021
I thin, that same as me, You must downgrade to Android 10, where is possible to change CSC by some trick /e.g. Google App worked bad on my phone, I have unlocked with this App only whole Europe from region EUX, but not possible to change THL which I wanted, because of call recorder amd SPay - I must go to one guy with Box solution, where he unlock all possibilities by changing Product Code/

krystofklima

Feb 7, 2021
it is very hard on new phones. and posible to make all only on oldest version from July !! on September Samsung makes new version of security and block all

kadus75

Jan 7, 2014
I thin, that same as me, You must downgrade to Android 10, where is possible to change CSC by some trick /e.g. Google App worked bad on my phone, I have unlocked with this App only whole Europe from region EUX, but not possible to change THL which I wanted, because of call recorder amd SPay - I must go to one guy with Box solution, where he unlock all possibilities by changing Product Code/
is it possible to go back from android 11 to android 10 without any problems?

krystofklima

Feb 7, 2021
is it possible to go back from android 11 to android 10 without any problems?
Without any problems in my version I had CSC VDC/EUX
I have bought with 2.1.2021 Android 11
I have downgraded to verion Android 10 from September max....older version (ideal July) with working *#*#..... I have not found

but after unlocking with guy with Box solution, where he unlock all possibilities by changing Product Code
I upgraded weel back, no problem....better is, that I upgraded back with VDC version, so working all LTE channells used in CZ, working VoLTE....and still working call recorder from THL ;-)

Reactions: kadus75

banoff

Sep 17, 2017
Got 5g in london on vodafone sim 1, didn't do anything, straight from the box.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-135428_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-135428_Settings.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20210320-100003_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-100003_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 120

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:
    New Method:
    Install Google Phone app and key-in *#*#27262826#*#*
    Credits to this post.

Hi!

I successfully changed CSC from TGY to BRI and vice versa on my SM-N9860/DS.
    From N9860ZSU1ATH1 ROM, I just flashed my unit back to the N9860ZSU1ATGM (stock firmware with July security patch) using Odin and then change CSC using the Change CSC app by Mysterious Dev.

Download Links:
    N9860ZSU1ATGM or N9860ZSU1ATGM MEGA Download
    Change CSC Windows App

Important notes and instructions:
    • Tested only when coming from N9860ZSU1ATH1 TGY/BRI ROM.
    • Factory Reset is required when flashing N9860ZSU1ATGM. If you are new to Odin flashing, check this thread first. Use the CSC_OMC_OZS_*** file instead of the HOME_CSC_OMC_OZS_*** on the CSC slot in Odin. You can use the latter but reset is still required.
    • After flashing is done and and your phone has completely booted, open the Samsung Themes app and login your samsung account, update the app if ask.
    • Before doing the change CSC, do the following first:
      • Enable developer mode on your phone and enable USB debugging
      • Disconnect your phone from internet.
      • Connect your phone to your PC using USB data cable and allow PC connection on your phone once prompted.
    • Turn-off your windows PC anti-virus before installing and opening the Change CSC app (the app is being detected as a virus)
    • If the Change CSC app is not opening properly, you need to run it as administrator.
    • On the Change CSC app, click "Check" > "Connect" > Select "Android 10" > Click "Change CSC". Go to your phone and click "Check out my stuff". Then follow the instructions shown on your windows desktop. Select the 'Android 10' option in the Legal Settings. Select the CSC that you want to test (BRI or TGY) and install. Click "Remove Change CSC" once done.
    • Turn-on you windows anti-virus back.
    • This will not trip knox if followed accordingly.

Do these procedures at your own risk!
    As you may know, I have not yet made any changes to my default CSC (TGY) to the new "CHC" for call recording.

But while running the following commands (using Google Phone app):

- SERVICE MODE:
    *#*#27663368378#*#*
    - CSC SELECTION:
    *#*#27262826#*#*
    - BAND SELECTION:
    *#*#2263#*#*

I Noticed that the CSC Selection shows only TGY and BRI, and Dev/QA.

Anyone knows what DEV/QA is for? Besides being the obvious "Development and Quality Assurance"?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk
    After changing to BRI, I was able to update my phone to N9860ZSU1ATH1 OTA.
    With BRI, I am already getting the 4G Carrier Aggregation on my unit here in the Philippines (which was not happening previously with TGY).
    CA makes a significant difference on my unit. I now have 70-125mbps with it. Without it, it barely hovers 20mbps.
    I have not tested the 5G yet. I have no 5G signal in my place yet.
    I do not understand how people blame Samsung for them importing a phone and using it in an unintended location to the point people are flashing software not intended for said model.... There is a ton of regulation involved in each specific country in regards to mobile services... People expect Samsung to cover each and all regulation across the entire world?... Is there specific knowledge that Samsung disabled the feature?.... When dealing with imported models and flashing different firmware YMMV.... I've imported phones for 10 years and understand that unless I'm buying the Japanese retail version, I will have to deal with anything that comes from importing another regions model... Sorry for the rant :)

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

CA was confirmed working out the box for HK in several regions throughout the world... What did you use to test your CA? Could be something that needs to be taken note of as several other members and myself have been running the HK model through it's paces

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Did you try placing the 5g sim in the second sim tray? This is very interesting.....
    And if you are a Hong Kong citizen, then you buy this phone, you come to Europe and you 5g stops... hum hum very good in a 1300€ smartphone [emoji38][emoji38] and xiaomi , oneplus etc why they work around the world? They don't have regulations to cover too?

Is Samsung bullshitting, but maybe not in purpose , every time they send a update they fix one thing and kill other 2 or 3....

Enviado do meu SM-G9650 através do Tapatalk
    I have a galaxy note 20 ultra SM-N986N with SKT csc! Can I convert it into KOO csc by directly downloading from sammobile and flash via odin? or is there any Bootloader restriction from switching SKT into KOO csc?